• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The Brentford draw was frustrating but not the worst result.

This game needs to be won though. City are coming to our ground with a point to prove, so we have to stop them in their tracks. Make some changes if need be as well.

Important game this one, could define our season. I’ll take a tight 1-0 here.

Legend14

Established Member
Rewatched Brentford match. They had all 10 field players in their defensive third. 8 players in the 18. They then countered when we were committed and counted on a slip up somewhere on the pitch to create any sort of attack. The match seemed close because of score and the couple of opportunities they had and should have finished, but it was basically one way traffic the entire match. We did not play poorly at all. Really difficult to unlock anything with so many defending and not attempting to attack.

I expect City won’t park any bus. If we can hold off Haaland on set plays, 2-1 or 3-1 Arsenal in this one. There will be opportunities.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rewatched Brentford match. They had all 10 field players in their defensive third. 8 players in the 18. They then countered when we were committed and counted on a slip up somewhere on the pitch to create any sort of attack. The match seemed close because of score and the couple of opportunities they had and should have finished, but it was basically one way traffic the entire match. We did not play poorly at all. Really difficult to unlock anything with so many defending and not attempting to attack.

I expect City won’t park any bus. If we can hold off Haaland on set plays, 2-1 or 3-1 Arsenal in this one. There will be opportunities.
Halaand is not great on set pieces. His movement behind defenders is what worries me

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We could have one or two duels when it mattered.

The goal was embarassing

NZgunner

this is going to be a real test of character - the worrying thing is we've f*cked up the prelims

MikeVinna

Established Member
We should draw some confidence from us shredding every team that has come to the Emirates to get at us. I just hope we’re clinical because we should’ve score a few vs Newcastle in the opening stages for example but we didn’t and they shut up shop.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

There were definite periods in the first half were Brentford were on top, they missed one decent chance and missed two chances my 90 year old wheelchair bound neighbour could have tucked away. When we went ahead texted my mate who I was giving updates that they were ‘still dangerous’ and sadly this turned out to be the case.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

City will fit us better than Everton and Brentford. Our offensive players will have much more room.

Just worried about our defense.

I don't know , they completely shut down Eddie last time . Really we should have been able to break down Brentford at home no excuses for that .

Jasinho

Not looking forward to this game, our lead willing down by the week at the moment and we honestly don't look like we've got goals in us right now
Hopefully Arteta starts Trossard cause Martinelli has been woefully off form since the turn of the year.

SA Gunner

There were definite periods in the first half were Brentford were on top, they missed one decent chance and missed two chances my 90 year old wheelchair bound neighbour could have tucked away. When we went ahead texted my mate who I was giving updates that they were ‘still dangerous’ and sadly this turned out to be the case.

That's because they were able to win the ball in dangerous zones, and make that count for them. Once we kept the ball better, they lost that threat, and that was for the majority of the second half and latter parts of the first half. We should have won that game though. That set piece was a disaster, and Im not talking about the VAR output. Good physical side, who are efficient and also skilled at the dark arts. They will remain a problem for many sides.

As for the City game, I think they will bring a combination of the physicality and technicality. Everton and Brentford continue to show the league that doubling up on our wide men is the key to slowing us down. If you are able to go further and tightly mark our 8s, then you really have us in trouble. Its not going to be an easy game this.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The Brentford draw was frustrating but not the worst result.

This game needs to be won though. City are coming to our ground with a point to prove, so we have to stop them in their tracks. Make some changes if need be as well.

Important game this one, could define our season. I’ll take a tight 1-0 here.

If they beat Villa today (which they will do comfortably) the team will be deflated & doubt will have crept in.

By this time next week we'll be in a top 4 race.

SA Gunner

If they beat Villa today (which they will do comfortably) the team will be deflated & doubt will have crept in.

By this time next week we'll be in a top 4 race.

Yeah Im not so sure about that.

Its an important game against City no doubt, but we still have enough in the tank to recover and continue leading the line. We are struggling with opposition tactics at the moment, but I do back the management team to get it together in time.

This league is ours to win, and we'll win it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can't imagine our side caring too much about City beating Villa tbh. Remember City beat Sp**s with an amazing comeback and then beat Wolves comfortably before we faced United and we still produced a big performance and won. All the energy will be focused into Wednesdays game.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’d start Tomiyasu in this one. I think people are underrating the job he done on Grealish in the FA Cup tie and even against Rashford a few weeks ago.

He’s excellent 1 vs 1 and top tier in aerial duels. Arteta needs to bring him in just like he did when we played Liverpool and he kept Mo Salah very quiet. Ben White should be benched for him imo.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't think City are in a good place at the moment. Today's game will tell us more. Pep has a lot of experience with bringing the team out of dips, but this time he has squad issues and a mountain of external pressures on the club.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Don't think City are in a good place at the moment. Today's game will tell us more. Pep has a lot of experience with bringing the team out of dips, but this time he has squad issues and a mountain of external pressures on the club.

I'm just looking for a Pep "Happy new year!!" special. If anyone can deliver a memorable meltdown, it's him :lol:

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I'd like to see Trossard & Tomi given a start.

Dropping Martinelli might give him that extra fire. Bring him on so he feels like he has a point to prove.

Neither side is in a good moment, so it might be a cagey affair or it could just be full on attacking from each side..

I just hope we dont get overawed by the occasion & just play smart.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes tomi and Trossard we can start them we need some refreshments new ideas. Also I feel Martinelli could make more impact from bench. I'd even start Tierney but Zinchenko with open space he'll be much more useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom