• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel we have to win this now, need it for belief that we can finish ahead of them I reckon...even if we draw now, I think they will eventually overtake us sadly.

Good luck boys, you have been brilliant this season...need a big performance and result 🙏

Pop Tart

Established Member
Feel we have to win this now, need it for belief that we can finish ahead of them I reckon...even if we draw, I think they will eventually overtake us sadly.

Good luck boys, you have been brilliant this season...need a big performance and result 🙏
we can beat them. only if we play holdini.

Pop Tart

Established Member
we can beat them, we were the better side in the cup. just a lack of concertation lead to the goal. they are not the same scary level as before. I just feel some players have been overplayed and will not be at it on wed.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Don’t think many “pundits” expect anything other than a draw or win for city here. Expect a very very strong response from the boys. You can bet Arteta will go with the Same line up that started today. Forget about the ideas of starting tross/Tomi ain’t happening

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Don’t think many “pundits” expect anything other than a draw or win for city here. Expect a very very strong response from the boys. You can bet Arteta will go with the Same line up that started today. Forget about the ideas of starting tross/Tomi ain’t happening
We expected one today and didn't get it and if Arteta doesn't change the lineup then he deserves what will be more points dropped. This isn't about ego or a rivalry with Pep. He needs to put an XI out there that has the best chance to win and on present form, that means Trossard on the left and Tomi at RB. If he persists with this same XI that is clearly sputtering then he hasn't grown as a manager the way we hoped he has. There's a few guys who need a seat for a little while.

Tom Mix

I hope that City's arrogance will help us here. They'll come determined to win and make a statement and that might help us making it an open game as we are struggling to open up massed defences.

Today was certainly a day to have started Trossard and Tomiyasu. Wednesday might suit Martinelli but I still don't see why White should start ahead of Tomiyasu.

Arteta's stubborness is fine when things are working, when they're not it's just stubborness and it's unhelpful. Didn't work with Guendouzi, didn't work with Auba, didn't work in not resting key players away at City in the cup, not working now in playing the same first XI regardless of fitness, circumstances and opposition.

Be warned - the bubble can burst as easily as it blew up. We are streets ahead so should be a shoo-in for the CL places (especially since the teams below 3rd are hardly setting the division alight) but the league will not wait for us to win it. Once we fall behind we won't take the lead again. If we lose this game we're on the brink, one more loss with City winning and it's game over.

Badger_Revenge

Win only one of the two matches against city and Arsenal are still heavy favorites. It doesn't matter which, but I hope it's this one. It's time.

The pressure is frankly on City to make this race close. They were the favorites coming into the season. They are the ones playing from behind now.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
City have a day less to recover, which is good for us. No injuries today for us which is also good.

A win will be pivotal for us, but if we cant win, we absolutely have to make sure we dont lose..

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We have lost our way. Time to go back to basics. Simplify the tactics and stop Zinchenko from ruining the left side. Play as left back.

It’s also time xhaka does better job defensively or we will be picked apart by city

Gn1212

Tomiyasu at LB.
Zinchenko at LCM.
Xhaka dropped.

You can keep Martinelli in the side and hope the space he'll find against City will help him out. He will also have more support now with Zinchenko not having to worry about defending as much.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We have lost our way. Time to go back to basics. Simplify the tactics and stop Zinchenko from ruining the left side. Play as left back.
Nope. City are the perfect team to play our preferred style and champions do not cower.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

Should've been the thread title. You missed a trick there :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It’s also time xhaka does better job defensively or we will be picked apart by city
Zinchenko pisses me off. He needs to stop overcomplicating things. He’s been trying to thread a through ball through the legs of opponents multiple times i dont know what that guy thinks but he’s a midfielder that’s played at left back and he acts like he’s zidane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom