• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Racism in Football

GDeep™

League is very weak
Didn’t Arsenal fans racially abuse Ade? Let’s not take any high ground here. **** everywhere.

The only thing Arsenal fans do better than most is wave them pride and Ukraine flags.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Don't know whether anyone has mentioned it, but this Chelsea team has a lot of black players. The fan base however. Let's say it has an interesting dynamic and if they start going through a rough patch, I genuinely fear for the players.
True. Most racist fanbase out there

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Didn’t Arsenal fans racially abuse Ade? Let’s not take any high ground here. **** everywhere.

The only thing Arsenal fans do better than most is wave them pride and Ukraine flags.

I'm actually getting annoyed at all these man above me talking sh*t tbh.

I was in the stands when Arsenal fans sang about Ade's mum washing elephants, I was there when I've heard them say things about Gervinho and Eboue in anger, that's why I was getting so annoyed by @The_Playmaker assertions that Arsenal fans are somehow better.

Read some crap on here & twitter as well too all the time. Its a football problem not a Chelsea problem.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was in the stands when Arsenal fans sang about Ade's mum washing elephants, I was there when I've heard them say things about Gervinho and Eboue in anger, that's why I was getting so annoyed by @The_Playmaker assertions that Arsenal fans are somehow better.

Read some crap on here as well too all the time. Its a football problem not a Chelsea problem.
Assertion?

Look, every single club has racist fans. Every club has racist activity in the stadium. Some clubs have more racist activity than others.

It has literally been documented that Chelsea have more racist incidents travelling to and from games than other clubs. It doesn't mean Arsenal have none. They have less.

Are Arsenal fans less racist than Chelsea fans? Who knows? They could be undercover. But are Arsenal fans as openly racist as Chelsea fans. It's a no.

I don't see videos of Arsenal fans pushing black people off a train in other countries cheering "we are racist and we love it". I don't see Arsenal captains calling black players "black ****s" for fun.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Assertion?

Look, every single club has racist fans. Every club has racist activity in the stadium. Some clubs have more racist activity than others.

It has literally been documented that Chelsea have more racist incidents travelling to and from games than other clubs. It doesn't mean Arsenal have none. They have less.

Are Arsenal fans less racist than Chelsea fans? Who knows? They could be undercover. But are Arsenal fans as openly racist as Chelsea fans. It's a no.

I don't see videos of Arsenal fans pushing black people off a train in other countries cheering "we are racist and we love it". I don't see Arsenal captains calling black players "black ****s" for fun.

This is just perpetuating myths based on fake moral high ground I'm afraid, we're talking about two clubs based in the same city.

Arsenal have extreme firms too that just don't get documented as much. Saying "it's not as bad as Chelsea" just invalidates traumatic experiences that many have been experienced.

Please do some research and refrain from pointing the finger when your own club fans like I keep telling you is not much better. That goes for the rest of you who bother to read this as well.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is just perpetuating myths based on fake moral high ground I'm afraid, we're talking about two clubs based in the same city.

Arsenal have extreme firms too that just don't get documented as much. Saying "it's not as bad as Chelsea" just invalidates traumatic experiences that many have been experienced.

Please do some research and refrain from pointing the finger when your own club fans like I keep telling you is not much better. That goes for the rest of you who bother to read this as well.
At what point did I say that Arsenal are "better". I literally said that I can't tell you whether they are actually more racist or not.

All clubs have documented events. All clubs have social media posts and video evidence. However, I am literally telling you, that statistically, Chelsea are more openly racist.

Do your research? Google, most racist football clubs in the UK. Most articles cite Leeds, Chelsea, Millwall and United. They talk about figures. Obviously Arsenal are mentioned at some point, like many other clubs, but nowhere near as much as Chelsea.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

At what point did I say that Arsenal are "better". I literally said that I can't tell you whether they are actually more racist or not.

All clubs have documented events. All clubs have social media posts and video evidence. However, I am literally telling you, that statistically, Chelsea are more openly racist.

Do your research? Google, most racist football clubs in the UK. Most articles cite Leeds, Chelsea, Millwall and United. They talk about figures. Obviously Arsenal are mentioned at some point, like many other clubs, but nowhere near as much as Chelsea.

This is futile let's just leave it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

For those of you who actually do look at statistics and don't close your eyes here are some statistics to support what I am saying.

However, the figures of several others, all of whom play in the top two tiers of English football, significantly exceeded the average.

At Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and Tottenham Hotspur, a per club average of 22.6 race arrests were recorded between 2015 and 2021, compared to an average of 6.2 at the other 12 clubs analysed.

Furthermore, 57% of the 198 total race arrests made during the period occurred at the five clubs’ grounds.

The figures for West Ham United and Millwall somewhat contradict their reputations for poor supporter behaviour, with a combined total of just 23 race arrests recorded.

1692314060429.png

Visual representation of race related arrests stadiums and I've left the sources in there to be seen. As you can see Arsenal are clearly up there.

Why? because like I keep saying it's a football related issue, not a club issue. The bigger the fanbase, the more it can take place.

1692315577745.png

Wow, 11 banning orders for Chelsea in 2021/22 for race related incidents is so much worse than Arsenal's 7 isn't it? Shout outs to Burnley big surprise there.
Sourced and filtered on gov.uk here.

A lot of the places that record a lot of these instances actually don't list them by clubs because they don't want to encourage stuff like the below:

playing as black man at racist club.

So instead you have to tally up hate crime related arrests. Supporting Chelsea does not mean you're supporting a racist club and supporting Arsenal does not give you the right to accuse any club of being a racist club.

In fact as of 2015 according to the BBC Chelsea and Man are the top 2 supported teams in West Africa.

In Asia, as of 2020 Arsenal isn't even in the conversation as per Business first online that touts Man Utd as the choice of many asian countries.

Now a lot of you won't read this and that's fine, but if I atleast reach one person who thinks twice about perpetuating these nonsense zero fact based tropes about Arsenal being less racist than x,y,z, then f*ck it.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For those of you who actually do look at statistics and don't close your eyes here are some statistics to support what I am saying.

View attachment 17744

Visual representation of race related arrests stadiums and I've left the sources in there to be seen. As you can see Arsenal are clearly up there.

Why? because like I keep saying it's a football related issue, not a club issue. The bigger the fanbase, the more it can take place.

View attachment 17745

Wow, 11 banning orders for Chelsea in 2021/22 for race related incidents is so much worse than Arsenal's 7 isn't it? Shout outs to Burnley big surprise there.

A lot of the places that record a lot of these instances actually don't list them by clubs because they don't want to encourage stuff like the below:

So instead you have to tally up hate crime related arrests. Supporting Chelsea does not mean you're supporting a racist club and supporting Arsenal does not give you the right to accuse any club of being a racist club.

In fact as of 2015 according to the BBC Chelsea and Man are the top 2 supported teams in West Africa.

In Asia, as of 2020 Arsenal isn't even in the conversation as per Business first online that touts Man Utd as the choice of many asian countries.

Now a lot of you won't read this and that's fine, but if I atleast reach one person who thinks twice about perpetuating these nonsense zero fact based tropes about Arsenal being less racist than x,y,z, then f*ck it.
You are posting statistics. And selecting 11 isn't much more than 7. If you take the total from 2014 to 2022 Chelsea have 69 to Arsenal's 48. Shout out to Burnley who have 56.

Chelsea have basically have 21 more banning orders over a period of 8 years while have 20,000 less fans in the stadium for each match.

I have never at any point said that Arsenal are not racist. I said statistically they are less openly racist than Chelsea. My whole point is that they basically have an entirely black team. It will be interesting to see if the numbers go up even higher now that is the case.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Read some crap on here & twitter as well too all the time. Its a football problem not a Chelsea problem.
You can only say this without a contextual understanding.

Do all clubs have some racist fans? Yes, because every country has a % of racist people.

Do all fanbases have a similar racist presence? No. Arsenal have had possibly the most black players and black fans in England since the mid 80s. At this point Chelsea were the official National Front club, who relentlessly abused their own black players en masse and it was not a safe place for black fans to go. Certainly I and my family knew to not got near the place.

Of course Russian money has transformed the club a good % of its matchgoing fanbase, but there are still plenty of the old head-hunters, neo nazis and Britain First types knocking around on match days.

Racism is a global issue, and thus affects all football clubs to varying degrees, but those degrees do vary significantly, and drawing false equivalences helps no one. It merely serves to exonerate the likes of Chelsea and Milwall from their responsibilities, and is the argument used to avoid taking action in Spain and Italy.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Think I understand Machos point that people should generally get their own house in order before pointing at others. I believed in younger years that Arsenal was better because of the likes of Henry Vieira Wright etc, won't lie I was shocked to learn we're as bad as anyone else even this forum shows it often enough. The difference between reverence with a statue outside the ground and monkey noises is a couple of poor first touches often enough.

Chelsea are still different because of how they flaunt it. The incident in the Paris metro is a perfect example but also when they played some Bulgarian team couple years back when they hung SS memorabilia in the ground. Some years before they played Leverkusen and I remember some controversy back then too.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You can only say this without a contextual understanding.

Do all clubs have some racist fans? Yes, because every country has a % of racist people.

Do all fanbases have a similar racist presence? No. Arsenal have had possibly the most black players and black fans in England since the mid 80s. At this point Chelsea were the official National Front club, who relentlessly abused their own black players en masse and it was not a safe place for black fans to go. Certainly I and my family knew to not got near the place.

Of course Russian money has transformed the club a good % of its matchgoing fanbase, but there are still plenty of the old head-hunters, neo nazis and Britain First types knocking around on match days.

Racism is a global issue, and thus affects all football clubs to varying degrees, but those degrees do vary significantly, and drawing false equivalences helps no one. It merely serves to exonerate the likes of Chelsea and Milwall from their responsibilities, and is the argument used to avoid taking action in Spain and Italy.

I've tried my best to explain that labelling a club fanbase as racist based on old tropes and headlines from the 80s/90's is just wrong and hurtful. It bothered me that some on here who clearly don't understand what the are talking about say certain things with chest.

I have provided recent examples (like the Sikh man as recently as 2022 getting repeat abuse at the Emirates) as well as statistical data to show that Arsenal are not as far from Chelsea as many of you happily go along with. Instead some of you choose to ignore it and double down on unfounded beliefs.

The size of the fanbase breeds more opportunities for hate crime which is what various data points shows, rather than an inherent doctrine related to the club perpetuated by rival fanbases.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

View attachment 17744

View attachment 17745

So.. do these statistics tell which fans were racist? The home or away fans? It talks about football grounds.

Because without it, the stats can be misleading and you can't make straight conclusions.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

So.. do these statistics tell which fans were racist? The home or away fans? It talks about football grounds.

Because without it, the stats can be misleading and you can't make straight conclusions.

The data from the gov.uk is the banning incidents each clubs home fans you can filter it down to the data you need for the most part.

The graph does not distinguish between home or away admittedly, but you'd be able to see that it's not possible for Brentford away fans to contribute to Arsenal's numbers.

It's either a case of bigger stadiums and fanbases in London having more incidents like these - or all these away fans come to specific grounds and get their stuff off. It's up to you which one you think is more likely.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The data from the gov.uk is the banning incidents each clubs home fans you can filter it down to the data you need for the most part.

The graph does not distinguish between home or away admittedly, but you'd be able to see that it's not possible for Brentford away fans to contribute to Arsenal's numbers.

It's either a case of bigger stadiums and fanbases in London having more incidents like these - or all these away fans come to specific grounds and get their stuff off. It's up to you which one you think is more likely.
So the other chart has home fans only? Or? I don't quite understand which one or do they have home fans only from your message.

It looks like bigger stadiums can have huge effect for these, if it's not taken into account. Bigger stadiums also have more away fans which makes it more likely to have problems.

Are these for racism against players, or overall, players & fans? What if some club has more black fans, wouldn't it make it more likely to have more racism problems between the fans?

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom