• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricky Álvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAK 14

Established Member
Re: Ricky Alvarez

Bossa said:
He reminds me of Angel Di Maria.
From what I've seen, that seems a good comparison. Quick feet, good dribbler and he has a good shot on him. Hope he signs.

Floating

Established Member

He's definitely a bit more physical than di Maria - he has a 6'2 frame, built a bit more like Kaka.

Accomplished

Established Member

Reading this thread and I still have no idea if this guy is actually any good...could someone put it in relative terms? i.e, "He's as good as Nasri when he first came here" or "He's an adequate Rosicky replacement" because I'm in the dark right now.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Accomplished said:
Reading this thread and I still have no idea if this guy is actually any good...could someone put it in relative terms? i.e, "He's as good as Nasri when he first came here" or "He's an adequate Rosicky replacement" because I'm in the dark right now.

we all are, and if anyone tells you otherwise they are fibbing

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I fear this could be a sequel of the 'Rodrigo Palacio saga' from a couple of years ago.

Everyone knows us Emotionally battered Gooners are a soft touch.

Floating

Established Member

Accomplished said:

No one really knows much, mate. We're all doing our own research.

From what I've learned, those that are in the know (a few journos based in Argentina), he's one of the top 3 U23 talents in "Argie Ball", as one journo called it - definitely on his way to breaking into the NT, and arguably would have earlier if it wasn't for a cruciate injury three years ago. He just finished an excellent campaign with his club Velez, and was one of the key players in taking them to 1st Place. It's hard to say, but he seems about as good as Di Maria before he moved to Madrid. Not quite on the level Nasri was at Marseille, but few are at that age. Apparently, if we do manage to sign him on a free as is reported, it will have been an "absolute coup."

Hope that helps. :wink:

mo50

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
I fear this could be a sequel of the 'Rodrigo Palacio saga' from a couple of years ago.

Everyone knows us Emotionally battered Gooners are a soft touch.

:lol:

That's true. Remember that massive Indian keeper last summer?

Vela

Established Member

@YoungGunsBlog
Nothing in Alvarez from my contacts. The story seems to have come from Goal.com; that says it all. I'll keep digging, though.

Floating

Established Member

Story is being reported on Goal.com now: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/05/20/2496004/arsenal-set-to-sign-velez-sarsfields-ricky-alvarez-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... rez-report</a>?

Also:

Ricky-Alvarez_OLEIMA20101114_0138_6.jpg

Vela

Established Member

Rumours on twitter saying Arsenal have signed him but I dont think its true.

MAK 14

Established Member

Does anyone know for sure how many goals he's scored in his career? Wiki says 5 goals in 46 games which is a pretty poor record for an attacking midfielder/winger, but you can never be sure with Wikipedia.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

MAK 14 said:
Does anyone know for sure how many goals he's scored in his career? Wiki says 5 goals in 46 games which is a pretty poor record for an attacking midfielder/winger, but you can never be sure with Wikipedia.

It says 28 goals in 46 games.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Floating said:
More info from Twitter:

@ArgentinaFW
For those asking, Ricky Alvarez is a dynamic, speedy, skillful attacking midfielder. He has blossomed this season with Velez.

@Simply_Juan
it could be said that Alvarez alongside Lamela and Rodriguez are the three top products in Argie ball. Light years ahead of the rest.
Lamela is an awesome player and it really will be a coup if we signed a player of Lamela quality for free
He's also quite tall and will be a great signing also he looks more like a LW than a CM

Sottobosco

MAK 14 said:

Its not poor because hes not an attacking midfielder the way you are visualising. He's like a Yaya Toure, plays central but has the power and skill to push forward between the lines.

For Vélez, and I am no expert here, he plays in a 4-5-1 holding the shape but always having attacking ideas. Plus his team play the best football in Argentina and have other players to do the scoring.

amirkat

Established Member

First thought: ****. Who's leaving?

Second thought: Who the hell is this guy?

I call bull.

Floating

Established Member

jmsmtthw28 said:
Lamela is an awesome and it really will be a coup if we signed a player of Lamela quality for free
Plus he has a goal tally as good as of a striker and quite tall
will be a great signing

According to that journo, Alvarez IS Lamela quality. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom