• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
No, he didn't.

He played alongside Ramsey in a flat midfield four, with Coquelin holding in front of the defence.

4-1-4-1 as such:

Sanchez - Cazorla - Ramsey - Ox
-------------- Coquelin --------------

I'd call it more a 4-3-3 against City but you are mostly right I think:

arse-city-diagram_zps5be72b41.jpg

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I like Cazorla since he came to Arsenal. Spanish midfielders have that special ability, pace and technique,and that is why they were dominant from 2008 to 2012.

That first season for Santi was amazing,he was our best player in that time when we struggled to find a good form. Great player to watch with that ability.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Santi speaks fantastic English - great to see and a testament to his positive attitude.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Arsène has also confirmed Santi's future is in the middle. Be it at CM or CAM, we'll no longer see him on the flanks. Great solution for him and the club, no one has assisted more than him in the last three years.

The ball he gave to Rambo on his left peg was majestic, it's such an asset to have a player equally adept on his right or left foot.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That little chat hurt my ears and face. The Arsenal TV guy is a nice bloke, but christ, he needs to go on some course or something, so he can make the most of these opportunities.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd find it difficult to turn down Isco if he became available. He could replace any of our creative players.

Iceman10

Established Member
I like Cazorla since he came to Arsenal. Spanish midfielders have that special ability, pace and technique,and that is why they were dominant from 2008 to 2012.

That first season for Santi was amazing,he was our best player in that time when we struggled to find a good form. Great player to watch with that ability.
That first season with us was great but I felt he was going a bit missing in big matches and so there was room for improvement. Arguably he's even better now in that regard, with what he has shown this season, probably aided by having more quality around him so that teams can't go with the approach of stop Santi, stop Arsenal. Wonderful two footed player in particular.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
I'm not sold on him being up there with Özil and I'm not sure they can play in the same team.

I think Isco and Özil in tandem could be devastating. Both have fantastic movement, spectacular touch and passing ability, with Isco having a bigger goal threat. Isco also seems to have the tenacity and ruggedness it takes to make it in the BPL.

——-Coquelin——Ramsey———
Sanchez——-Özil——— Isco
——————Giroud——————

So much quality, movement and intelligence in that team.

I love Santi, but this guy would take us up another level, in my opinion.

Last edited:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I think Isco and Özil in tandem could be devastating. Both have fantastic movement, spectacular touch and passing ability, with Isco having a bigger goal threat. Isco also seems to have the tenacity and ruggedness it takes to make it in the BPL.

——-Coquelin——Ramsey———
Sanchez——-Özil——— Isco
——————Giroud——————

So much quality, movement and intelligence in that team.

I love Santi, but this guy would take us up another level, in my opinion.

Isco is quicker and presses better than Santi but his touch and vision isn't as good. Isco reminds me more of an Özil who doesn't pass as well but presses much better. The problem is I don't think he's best out wide.

Right now I wouldn't start Ramsey in the middle over Cazorla. His distribution is much worse and he gets caught out of position far too much. His ball winning isn't what he was when he was in form. If his form improves maybe he can take that role.

Also Sanchez is better on the left, he's said as much as he can cut in shoot.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not sold on him being up there with Özil and I'm not sure they can play in the same team.
He's not only up there with Özil in certain aspects, he's well above.

For example, is Özil as superior to Isco in the short passing and creative department (if he is at all) as Isco is superior to Özil in shooting and goal threat (clearly IS) ? Why would we want to down-play where Isco is stronger than Özil?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
He's not only up there with Özil in certain aspects, he's well above.

For example, is Özil as superior to Isco in the short passing and creative department (if he is at all) as Isco is superior to Özil in shooting and goal threat (clearly IS) ? Why would we want to down-play where Isco is stronger than Özil?

He isn't though, Isco has 16 goals in 103 Real Madrid games (some of then sub appences to be fair but most aren't) Özil has 12 in 63 Arsenal games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom