• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spanish Football 2017/18

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, five and a half years in charge in the summer, probably the maximum he can get out of a squad with his insane intensity.

Off to Inter in the summer I reckon.

I think it was Bela Guttmann who said there has to be a change after 3 years, either in the squad or the coach.

It's been a doubt lingering in my mind for a while whether it'd be the same for us. Our squad makeup has changed drastically in the five years of his reign but this current group has been around for more or less three years so I suspect that repetitiveness has set in.

Guys like Ferguson and Wenger aren't the norm in managers. They moved on squads and always looked to develop and replace, they became the clubs in a way.

In the end he'll leave the squad in a good place, we have a good selection of world class prospects and won't need a major overhaul in the summer.

If we can get a big fee for AG the club has proven its ability since before Cholo to bring in world class strikers.

I'm going to enjoy his final season and hope he takes us to the dream CL final in Cardiff against Arsenal where I'll hopefully be in the crowd.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Conte is an impressive manager in his own rights.
Zidane is not getting much respect here either (while Simeone seems to have a cult following). ZZ has been almost perfect with RM so far.

I didn't say he isn't impressive,but he is maybe on same level as Simeone,nothing better than him.Conte was good in Juve and Italian national team,we'll see how Simeone will do in some other club.But their style of football are pretty similar.

Agree about Zidane,but really he can't be in same category like some of these managers.Ofc,you have to give him credit for CL,but he still has a lot of work to do to became that class.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Simeone played great counter-attacking football with the team that had Juanfran and Felipe Luis in their prime, and Koke, Arda Turan and Costa. Take the game against Mourinho's Chelsea for example, and plenty more during that league season. The players he's bought and brought through have made him one of the best talent spotters in the world.

I can understand why some might not be enamoured with his playing style, but the man was one of the best in the world as a manager over a period of four years. Criticising a manager or player because you see him as a threat of sorts to Wenger or an Arsenal player is the wrong way to go about it, IMO, and lessens your enjoyment of this sport.

Personally, I would have thought Arsenal fans would have more recognition for Simeone given his tenure at Atletico has parallels with the first few years of Wenger's reign. Both came in and triumphed over a dominant, big spending evil.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's difficult to judge Zidane purely as a manager. Starting at Madrid is a huge headstart. All the money in the world and the best players, I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult to succeed with them.

Think we just need to see how long he lasts there. I know the hierarchy at Madrid want him to be there long term. He's off to an absolute flyer, it's all about sustainability from this point.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It's difficult to judge Zidane purely as a manager. Starting at Madrid is a huge headstart. All the money in the world and the best players, I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult to succeed with them.

Think we just need to see how long he lasts there. I know the hierarchy at Madrid want him to be there long term. He's off to an absolute flyer, it's all about sustainability from this point.

Something like Avram Grant or Di Matteo in Chelsea.They led Chelsea to the final of CL,but can we really rate them that high ? And tbh Zidane had a lot of luck in CL last season.That draw was damn easy.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Something like Avram Grant or Di Matteo in Chelsea.They led Chelsea to the final of CL,but can we really rate them that high ? And tbh Zidane had a lot of luck in CL last season.That draw was damn easy.

Di Matteo is a good example actually. Won the CL with Chelski and was exposed massively afterwards. Sacked soon after by Chelski, took the easy way out at Schalke, and completely stunk out the place at Aston Villa despite spending like a PL team. I like managers who build.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Agreed and don't forget that he is a guy everyone looks up to because of how good of a footballer he was.

Much easier to get everyone on board than say when you're a former right-back from United who doesn't even speak the language.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Enrique must be on the brink, Barca now 1-0 down to Villarreal, if it stays like this they'll be 6 points behind Real with Real having played one less game than them. With Real showing no signs of losing domestically any time soon that's a mountain for Barca to climb at this stage.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

100% penalty not given and ball against the post. Absolutely loving this!

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom