• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

1CK1S

This summer shouldn't be an excuse, the Rams were in the Super Bowl and the Nuggets are in the second round of the NBA playoffs with the third best record in the league, so no excuses.

progman07

Established Member
I thought he took dividends and management fees to cover the repayments on his borrowings taken out to buy the club in the first place?
I don't think he has taken visible amounts out of the Club otherwise it would have been scrutinised. We heard about a 3m management fee, but that's basically nothing on today's transfer market.

I think the huge issue with Kroenke is NOT money related (we spent big in the last 5 years tbh) but that he doesn't care at all, whether we are challenging for anything, or even whether we make the CL or not. He isn't involved in getting the best decisions for the Club.

The real guys who have made bad choices after bad choices are Gazidis and Wenger, but they were never held responsible (until the whole stadium wanted Wenger out). We let hundreds of millions go out of the window with the Sanchez - Özil - Ramsey - Wilshere - Ox - Welbeck - Mustafi - Xhaka decisions, either over-paying or letting go on a cheap.

In the last 3 years we ****ed up at least 200 million (either due to letting players go on a free, or in their last contracts, or terrible purchases like Mustafi). Kroenke let this happen, not because he loves getting his money wasted but because he doesn't give a ****.

Malky

Established Member
I hate this guy, I have never even heard him speak and yet I can't stand him. He's nothing but a selfish leech, one with zero interest in this great club. I'd genuinely be surprised if the yank **** even knows we're playing tonight, let alone who against or what competition.
I'd happily sacrifice him for an owner with far less money but has the best interests of the club at heart, someone who admires the Arsenal of old and wants to get us back to that level! Even if they haven't got the money to get us there overnight but can guarantee they'll do everything to make us great again.

TheEconomist

Established Member
There's a difference between having money and having money available for transfers.

We have a lot of cash, but it looks to me like Kroenke has said that a significant amount of our % needs to be retained and not used for reinvestment which is why we have a small transfer budget despite our earnings being in the top 10 football clubs. Arsenal are incredibly profitable for him and im sure we have a good cash balance, it's just that we don't want to use it for transfers.

I'd also say that although Kroenke doesn't withdraw significant money from the club, it doesn't mean he can't use the big cash balances we have in the bank as collateral for other borrowing or investments that he wants to make elsewhere in his business empire. It's possible that he could demand we hold (X)00m in the bank and not spend it so he can borrow against it. In my mind this isn't much better than just withdrawing money from the club anyway

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
There will always be people going to stadiums. Not sure how they did it at Liverpool, but forcing an owner out is practically impossible. They are in for it in the long run most of the time. Kroenke looks like someone for the long run who doesn't care on bit what fans think.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
There's a difference between having money and having money available for transfers.

We have a lot of cash, but it looks to me like Kroenke has said that a significant amount of our % needs to be retained and not used for reinvestment which is why we have a small transfer budget despite our earnings being in the top 10 football clubs. Arsenal are incredibly profitable for him and im sure we have a good cash balance, it's just that we don't want to use it for transfers.

I'd also say that although Kroenke doesn't withdraw significant money from the club, it doesn't mean he can't use the big cash balances we have in the bank as collateral for other borrowing or investments that he wants to make elsewhere in his business empire. It's possible that he could demand we hold (X)00m in the bank and not spend it so he can borrow against it. In my mind this isn't much better than just withdrawing money from the club anyway
Got it in one. The guy is using the Arsenal to get himself leverage and he is not paying the Arsenal for his free finance. He has taken money for marketing and he probably used the club's assets as collateral in order to help him buy out Usmanov and the small shareholders.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Funny to think when he took control we were probably his most valuable and most successful 'franchise'. Under his great tutelage now we are heading slowly to the bottom of the KSE pack with his NFL team being more valuable and his other loser teams starting to actually become good.

Tony's nose

Got it in one. The guy is using the Arsenal to get himself leverage and he is not paying the Arsenal for his free finance. He has taken money for marketing and he probably used the club's assets as collateral in order to help him buy out Usmanov and the small shareholders.

Thought he borrowed 500 million or near that mark off Deutsche Bank, couldnt afford it either so had to get wifey to guarantor under conditions of if he dies she takes control.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Started going downhill the day he cane to the club. But for Wenger we would have been mid table a while ago.

He hasn’t put a single penny in, but has taken £3m out twice for consultancy services.

Tony's nose

Obviously he will be in attendance at the final, probably get some media article the final was down to his plan for a brighter arsenal future ,

Self sustained of course.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom