• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Re: Transfer Deadline Day Countdown (31/01/2011 23:00 GMT)

Oh please arsenal...

They already ran with that story about that kid we signed three weeks ago. It's embarrassing

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Torres: "It's every footballers dream to play for að big club and I can finally do that now"

Ouch Liverpool.

Nela

Established Member

I'm watching the first Torres interview on ChelseaTV and he looks miserable.

Raider

Established Member

So it's official, torres has signed now?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, 5 year deal.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Humble Rex said:
So Chelsea just report that they have made a 70m loss last year, and to celebrate the spend about the same amount on Luiz and Torres. Good business... :roll:
No kidding. Bristling much, Blatter?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

:lol: I love how Liverpool pulled off the best transfer of the century only to follow it up with the worst transfer of the century.

Nela

Established Member

THunter said:
Torres: "It's every footballers dream to play for að big club and I can finally do that now"

Ouch Liverpool.
And now a story is emerging that Andy Caroll claims he was pushed out the door and didn't want the transfer.

Imagine being a Liverpool fan. Their best player was desperate to get away from them and then they waste 35 million on an unproven signing that doesn't even want to be there.

Embarassing.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

**** Chelsea.

Disappointing if we don't at least LOAN a centre back.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nela said:
THunter said:

Ouch Liverpool.
And now a story is emerging that Andy Caroll claims he was pushed out the door and didn't want the transfer.

Imagine being a Liverpool fan. Their best player was desperate to get away from them and then they waste 35 million on an unproven signing that doesn't even want to be there.

Embarassing.
My brother's a Liverpool fan, he just laughed when i told him the figure they bought Carroll for..sums it up. They panicked, £35m is just ridiculously overpriced, ain't that what Barca offered us for Cesc in the summer? I feel insulted.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Cesc is literally worth at least 125 million if Carroll is 35 million. Then again, what a player is worth = what a club would pay for him. And Liverpool would apparently replace Torres with Andy Carroll :lol:

Kain

Established Member

Todays been proper sick, how far removed is the game now, honestly. Seen several teams having their worst seasons in years... decades, absolutally shatter our transfer record fee during this January window.

...& **** Sky Sports too, why do they only interview that **** Redknapp, flogging one off to the 'mighty unstoppable Chelsea' at every given opportunity, go do one ya ****.

ricky1985

Established Member

Sp**s were "a couple of Blackpool shareholder's signatures" away from signing Charlie Adam. Fee agreed, personal terms agreed etc. They must have offered an absolute fortune. Bet Adam is gutted.

Redknapp says Chelsea and Liverpool have really "made a statement" today - that's what it's all about for him.

Raider

Established Member

I still can't quite believe this.

In other news, Barazite signs for Austria Vienna for 2m <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/barazite-joins-austria-vienna-permanently" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-ne ... ermanently</a>

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, although Barcelona have some ridiculous idea that they wont pay anything over £45m because he came through their academy i think i read. Cocky is an understatement.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kain said:
Todays been proper sick, how far removed is the game now, honestly. Seen several teams having their worst seasons in years... decades, absolutally shatter our transfer record fee during this January window.

...& **** Sky Sports too, why do they only interview that **** Redknapp, flogging one off to the 'mighty unstoppable Chelsea' at every given opportunity, go do one ya ****.
Should scrap the January window altogether to be honest and only allow clubs to buy in an emergency. Otherwise it just gives clubs a chance to cover their ass if they're doing bad in the league.

outlaw_member

Established Member

There is one major positive that has come out of today. Any prospective price for Fabregas has just doubled.

darthwenger

I've been asleep for most of the day and only just turned the tv on - some exciting but mad deals. Not surprised to see our name not mentioned at all.

Nothing exciting about being an Arsenal fan on transfer deadline day.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From RAWK:

Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fking Razorlight.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom