• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2009-10

bertlb2

Yep, I bet so. Can we please get the Belgians please? The Romanian side is an unknown quantity to me, but they bumped a dangerous Shakhtar team, so I prefer getting something I know to be rather poor. Plus the trip is much shorter. The one I really don't want is Fiorentina, but I reckon if I were a Lyon fan, I wouldn't want to go to Scotland.

DREVAK

Established Member
These are the fixtures for the fourth qualifying round. The five non-champions matches are listed first.

Lyon – Anderlecht
Celtic – Arsenal
Timisoara – Stuttgart
Sporting – Fiorentina
Panathinaikos – Atletico Madrid
Sheriff Tiraspol – Olympiacos
Salzburg – Maccabi Haifa
Ventspils – Zurich
Copenhagen – APOEL
Levski Sofia – Debrecen

I expect Lyon, Arsenal, Stuttgart, Sporting and Atletico to go through to the group stage from the non-champions path. It's a bit more tricky with the champions but I'd go for Olympiacos, Salzburg, Zurich, Copenhagen and Levski though on the level of these teams I suppose anything can happen, I don't think there are that many huge favourites in those five ties.

bertlb2

I don't exactly see it this way. I would take Lyon, Arsenal, Stuttgart, Fiorentina, Pana, Olympiacos, Mac Haifa, Zurich, Copenhagen and Levski Sofia.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I agree with Drevak for all except Sporting. I'd fancy Fiorentina

DREVAK

Established Member
Sporting – Fiorentina was the only one where I wasn't really sure, I hear the Portuguese haven't been playing well but then again I believe they will have a competitive game or two under their belts before the first leg, whereas Fiorentina won't. Panathinaikos might pose a threat to Atletico attacking wise but I have seen them play against Sparta Prague and they were awfully exposed at the back numerous times and Atletico will exploit that.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I watched Sporting vs Twente and they were utterly incredible to go through.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
HLEB BEAUTY

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-HTS794L8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-HTS794L8</a>

sorry if this isn't allowed, but it's too beautiful.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Amazing goal.

Wait Nazo, did you just said he rarely took on players with us? :shock:

nazo

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Amazing goal.

Wait Nazo, did you just said he rarely took on players with us? :shock:

He didn't take them on as much as you'd hope or do anything like he did in that video. He always chose to pass first.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually he did, many many times.

Just have to remember how he dribbled past the entire liverpool midfield and defence and the ref failed to give a penalty in the first leg UCL quarters

nazo

Established Member
One of the rare times he did so. I remember him doing it against Portsmouth and Blackburn but other than that, all his dribbling was on the outside before he passed to someone (or noone). I guess he was playing AMC for Stuttgart tho.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He played left side of Stuttgart's midfield.

Anway, Lyon is leading 4-0 at HT against Anderlecht, totally running riot.

In other scores, Debrecen upsetting Levski with a 1-0 away goal
Pana and A.Madrd drawing 1-1, Maccabi leading at Austrian Champions Salzburg and finally last match sees Zurich leading Ventspils as expected

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Amazing game at Greece, Panathinaikos conceded 2 goals in the 2nd half against AtMadrid, first a good shot by Forlan then a wonderful solo goal by Aguero.

And then they proceeded to get a wonderful goal by Leto. 2-3 currently and its all end to end stuff.

Meanwhile, Lyon added another goal 5-1 now

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Finished the same scores above for all the other matches except.

Levski lost 1-2 at home to Debrecen
Maccabi won 2-1 at Salzburg.

Lyon should have won it by double digit, birthday boy Delgado came on for the last 15th mins and missed at least 4 sitters. You won't see a more one sided match this season in UCL.

Bastos, Toulalan, Cissokho, Lisandro, Ederson was fantastic. The new side is working very well

progman07

Established Member
Wow, Debrecen is close to going through after winning 2-1 away from home. Hungary haven't had a team in the CL for 15 years. :)

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, June 5

Benjamin Šeško is essentially top of Arsenal’s list of striker targets, but no official moves have been made yet [David Ornstein - The Athletic]

Latest posts

Top Bottom