• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
children always value new toys more than old ones - for a while

personally at the moment I am much more anxious about seeing Özil and Sanchez sign new contracts than getting in new blood

We're failures with or without Özil and Sanchez. Very little has changed in the PL/CL anyway.

Charisma

We spent "45M" on a player we did not really need. Fair enough, Xhaka looks a decent player but signing him is just a luxury signing.

Our problem has been apparent for the past few seasons, we keep on getting hit on the counter attack due to:

• No solidarity/balance in the middle. Open to getting counter attacked like that game, Herrera scored against us at Old Trafford.
  • A poor centre back pairing who look very shaky (Koscielny looks on the decline).
  • No real width on the wings to provide us with an extra dimension which forces Bellerin to put Hollywood crosses with nobody attacking into the box
  • And lastly our main problem, the lack of a goal scorer upfront which is costing us big time.
We signed Xhaka but he hasn't addressed any of those above. He clearly won't solve our midfield issue of getting hit on the counter, so I think signing him was pointless unless we get someone like Kante who breaks up play.

Charisma

Geez calm down lads! It's not even July and everyone is already panicking. The Euros are in full swing and that is keeping players busy and clubs are scouting for talent.

I stopped reading there.

We've heard that before. Wait until July then...wait until August...then wait until the end of the season to judge Wenger. Constant cycle of rubbish.

Their failure to address the main faults in the squad is not because they're waiting on the Euros or they're waiting for CL qualification like they say every year it's because the club have ******* up once again.

Some people are making excuses for Wenger when we couldn't even convince Jamie Vardy to leave Leceister and come here :lol: :lol:

Jack the lad

am i the only one that has notticed that all the so called "itks" have gone quiet. Everyone and his dog was supposed to go to arsenal after Xhaka and season ticket renewal time. But now everything is quiet. We have all seen this movie before, but this time i am not watching it.
Some of them will start soon, its only june, its only july, the euros, the brexit, we have something big lined up but are waiting after other etc.....

Gegen Pressing

Payet giroud griezman
Pogba kante matuidi

Griezman is running down the middle and not stuck on the right i like that. two goals from the center.

indy23

The release clause, and wifeys twitter comments got that guy a raise. Arsenal got suckered by a jobber again. Two for two when ****ing around with trolls and their release clauses. When the euros/copa conclude we better start contacting everyone.

BBF

I'm not that bothered about us not signing Mkhitarayan, but Wenger's not getting better value for money than that. Quite confident we won't sign anyone good up top at this rate

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

personally at the moment I am much more anxious about seeing Özil and Sanchez sign new contracts than getting in new blood
Sounds like it came out the mans mouth himself...

Song Billong

Without showing ambition and strengthening the squad what chances do you think we have of keeping those two? Absolutely none, I'd say.

They go hand in hand.

JENSON_GUNNER

I'm not that bothered about us not signing Mkhitarayan, but Wenger's not getting better value for money than that. Quite confident we won't sign anyone good up top at this rate

Really annoyed that Arsenal (Wenger, Ivan and Law) weren't involved in this. £26m for Mkhitaryan from United, not an earth shattering amount. Right in our ball park and we've just given up. Hope they have someone better to play on the right wing or spend all that moolah on a better striker than Giroud. Keep Giroud as our back up striker.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We spent "45M" on a player we did not really need. Fair enough, Xhaka looks a decent player but signing him is just a luxury signing.

Our problem has been apparent for the past few seasons, we keep on getting hit on the counter attack due to:

• No solidarity/balance in the middle. Open to getting counter attacked like that game, Herrera scored against us at Old Trafford.
  • A poor centre back pairing who look very shaky (Koscielny looks on the decline).
  • No real width on the wings to provide us with an extra dimension which forces Bellerin to put Hollywood crosses with nobody attacking into the box
  • And lastly our main problem, the lack of a goal scorer upfront which is costing us big time.
We signed Xhaka but he hasn't addressed any of those above. He clearly won't solve our midfield issue of getting hit on the counter, so I think signing him was pointless unless we get someone like Kante who breaks up play.

There isn't a single midfielder that will automatically stop us getting hit on the counter. Its a team, not a player issue.

Our lack of a ball player at the back is also as much of an issue to any of those four points so to call him a luxury player is way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom