• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do we have the world's best midfield?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I'd consider Isco an attacking mid and you're forgetting Bayern with Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Kroos, Gotze, and Thiago.

But yea, technically, I'd say we have the best midfield in England, but I'd understand if people think Chelsea do as well.

Arsenal: Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey, Özil, Rosicky, Flamini, and Diaby/Frimpong for good measure
Chelsea: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, de Bruyne, Ramires, Willian, and Mikel/van Ginkel for good measure.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
In the world? Not by a long shot, at least not at this moment in time. In the Premiership? I like our set of midfielders better than Man City's, but I reckon it's much closer between us and Chelsea. Walcott/Cazorla/Özil looks like a very well balanced trio of offensive players, but our defensive options probably aren't as good as Ramires and Mikel, although the former hasn't exactly performed up to standard yet this season. Regardless, our midfield is now title-contender quality and as good as it has been since 2011, probably even better.

infineon

Established Member
Basically we have replaced Cesc and that puts us back right up there. Would have loved a super striker too but OK.

infineon

Established Member
Basically we have replaced Cesc and that puts us back right up there. Would have loved a super striker too but OK.

TheGlitch

No we do not have the best midfield in the world, lol was we that close? But we have enough now to match any team. Özil took us up another level.
Madrid still has a monster midfield even though I think we took their most creative.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
DJ_Markstar said:
No, but at least it is a legitimate question now.

Next year when we sign Cesc we will 8))

Feels good doesn't it?!!!!

I like the fact we have an established league player in Arteta, 3 huge prospects in Ox, Wilshere and Ramsey and 2 genuine world class ones in Santi and Özil.

TheGlitch

Are you forgetting the performing rosicky? Stop playing! He is still one our finer player. Can't give arteta props over him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We don't have the best midfield in the world, probably not the prem either, but we've got the best AM in the world.

Mesut ****ing Özil.

infineon

Established Member
THunter said:
We don't have the best midfield in the world, probably not the prem either, but we've got the best AM in the world.

Mesut ******* Özil.
Idk man. I saw Isco play the other night, bloody brilliant. Özil is great but this kid looks like he has the lot. Cesc ain't been doing too bad either recently.

Brotherz

This is the most creative team since our invincibles, could be more creative, shame we don't have Henry up front but I think Giroud has what it takes.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
bojed said:
SH*T THREAD TITLE.

SHOULD'VE BEEN "WE HAVE THE UNIVERSE'S BEST MIDFIELD".

:lol: :lol:

Your avatar makes me read everything you post in an insanely positive manner, regardless of what you actually write.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
truth_hurts said:
DJ_Markstar said:
No, but at least it is a legitimate question now.

Next year when we sign Cesc we will 8))

Feels good doesn't it?!!!!

I like the fact we have an established league player in Arteta, 3 huge prospects in Ox, Wilshere and Ramsey and 2 genuine world class ones in Santi and Özil.

Özil is a level above Santi for me, but who cares.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

No not the best in the world, could argue in the premiership, but undoubtedly we're matching the big boys now in that area.

Santi was already for me a world class player and could easily have commanded £30mil, we got lucky with his price no doubt.

Ramsey is coming into his own and Wilshere will soon be back to his best (finger's crossed).

Still waiting to pass judgement on Flamini, but if he continues how he started then yeah we're looking good.

Rosicky has been good aswell so yeah I fully expect us to have a controlling presence in the middle of the park.

FinnGooner

Established Member
No. In the league we're probably in top 3. City and Chelsea have more depth and better defensive choices. However, we have perhaps the two best AMs in the league in Caz and Öz. Outside the EPL Barca, Real, Bayern are all ahead of us imo.

But perhaps after new year when we get our yearly "like a new signing" Diaby back :lol:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Best midfield in the league by quite some distance but still not on the same level as Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Imagine how good our midfield would be right now if Ramsey and Wilshere's development hadn't been stopped by injuries.

akhil

This is a little premature. We don't know how good Flamini is right now until he fit and has some games under his belt. Wilshere and Ramsey are still potential, one's playing well while the other is not. We don't know how good these 2 will be on a consistent basis to make statements like this.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Let me state for the record that I was against bringing back Flamini. Partly because I'd seen him play for AC Milan against Real Madrid at Yankee Stadium and he had absolutely nothing that night. Partly because I fell into my usual shtick of "He doesn't want to play for Arsenal, so to hell with him."

But if the rest of his season is like what he did in his substitution for Wilshere, I will happily wipe an entire carton of eggs off my face.

And if SiMamu is still with us, your boy Rosicky once again turned in a strong, gutsy performance against Tottenham. I hereby take back all the rotten things I've said about him.

Floating

Established Member
Penn_ said:
Imagine how good our midfield would be right now if Ramsey and Wilshere's development hadn't been stopped by injuries.

Arsenal is the biggest "what if" in world football.

What if Lehmann was never sent off in Paris?

What if we decided to sign Yaya Toure and Ibra during their trials?

What if Eduardo never broke his leg at Birmingham and we won the title?

What if Cesc, RvP, Nasri, etc. all stayed and fought for us?

What if our attempts for Mata, Alonso, Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. came off?

What if Koscielny and Szczesny didn't mess up the CC final?

What if Jack and Aaron didn't suffer season-long injuries?

It's all too much to handle sometimes. :cry:

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom