• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do we have the world's best midfield?

a_fourteen

Established Member
AMs: Özil, Cazorla, Rosicky, Chamberlain
CMs: Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby
Holding Midfielders: Arteta, Flamini

How do we compare to Real and Barca?

arsmile

Established Member
our midfield is awesome

which is just as well because we have no strikers or defenders

so they are basically covering everything- between theo and podolski covering CF and flamini and ramsey covering fullbacks....

we might be playing a 2-8 formation basically

arsmile

Established Member
our midfield is awesome

which is just as well because we have no strikers or defenders

so they are basically covering everything- between theo and podolski covering CF and flamini and ramsey covering fullbacks....

we might be playing a 2-8 formation basically

akhil

An additional CB with a good striker and if Chez can keep his recent form. We definitely have the makings of title winning squad. As it stands, we are probably a decent cup team. An injury to Giroud and we could be totally ****ed.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Player for Player, I think its certainly one of, if not the Best in the League, Chelsea/City being the only comparable teams.

Not in the world though, Bayern's is excellent, and the Spanish giants have 2 very good ones too.

k24bfan

I believe we have the best on in the Prem in terms of creative midfield still think we should be a little weak on the defensive side but hoping Flamini does the job. We have 3rd best attacking wise. 1. Barca 2. Bayern 3. Arsenal.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
VERY STRONG. But not the best I'm afraid, not yet that is. Ramsey has just started to bare fruit. Wilshere still needs a lot of time. Arteta and Rozza are getting old, excellent players though. Özil and Cazorla. Do I need to say more? Özil Özil Özil! (sorry, still excited)

But we can easily become one of the best in a couple of years, maybe even next year. Lets see. I can't wait to see our team on the pitch after Özil signed. Özil Özil Özil (yes fvck, I'm still excited).

mo50

Established Member
Probably the best in the PL. Özil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta. Wow.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
No, but at least it is a legitimate question now.

Next year when we sign Cesc we will 8))

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of the best but not the best just yet, kids need to mature for us to call it the best

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Best in the PL in terms of creative talent IMO. Tbf that takes some doing because there are some strong teams in this league.

IMO these are the top for attacking/creative players for the following clubs;

Arsenal- Özil, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott.
Man City- Silva, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic.
Chelsea- Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Willian.
Man Utd- Giggs, Fellaini, Cleverley, Kagawa. ( :lol: )
Tottenham- Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Dembele.
Liverpool- Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Henderson.

Close between ourselves Citeh and Chelski but I'd say we edge it. Well done Prof, building quite the team ;).

Therapy Inc

Yeah, as far as the world goes, I still think Bayern, Barca, and RM edge us but the gap is closing and our midfield still has potential to grow.

As far as the EPL goes, I think that City and Chelsea are equivalent to us. I hope by the end of the year we'll be hands down better.

Godwin1

Very well-known
The 4 creative players of City and Chelsea beat our 4 to be honest. Walcott and Wilshere aren't close.

We have the best single creative midfielder though :)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
In terms of production Oscar isn't any better than Wilshere. Wilshere is a better player anyway for me. Nasri is a shell of what he was in his purple patch here, glued to the bench. Walcott already has 4 assists this season.

Thinks ours is the best, all bias aside, but it is very close.

Therapy Inc

I think doing the 'creative' filter is sort of a false control. Look at the entire midfield:

Arsenal

Cazorla - Özil - Walcott

Arteta - Ramsey

Manchester City

Navas - Silva - Nasri/Jovetic

Fernandinho - Toure

Chelsea

Schurle/Willian - Mata - Hazard

Mikel - Ramires

Manchester United

Valencia - Rooney - Young/Nani

Carrick - Fellaini

IMO United is clearly not in front. I think the Arsenal, City, Chelsea argument is a real debate. I'm going to edge City on talent alone but we also have Wenger who gets the best out of his midfield. But I really don't know we're definitely competing for top honors.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Obviously when we add Cesc and Di Maria in January we'll have

Di Maria - Cazorla - Cesc - Özil in any combination you like.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom