• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

This_is_The_Year

We absolutely are.

Same can be said of Sunderland - it just isnt very likely. for the last three years people said we wont win with Arteta-Woj and Giroud

now its Giroud and Welbeck who arent good enough to be key attacking players - and deep down most arsenal fans agree.

if they get 20 league goals between them it will be a ****ing wonder.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't want to win last season. All we needed was a cb and dm last summer and we could of competed from the start. Instead we had to go through one of the worst first halves to a season ever. Playing monreal at cb and arteta and flamini at dm who each cost us 6-8 pts individually. Wenger even said right after the last window closed that "we didn't need anymore additions" .

We had a bad half to the season which was balanced by one of the best run's we've ever had. If you think that's bad, go slog it out on the terraces of Portsmouth or Hereford and then come back and say we have no ambition.

This is what p*sses me off about the modern fan, there's no room for the long view or the bigger picture. It's all "buy player x" and then moan when you don't get him.

em9999

My rainbows
I agree, I would hate Wenger to sign someone on our say so. It hurts Wenger for days when we lose, he's a Arsenal fan and he needs our 100% support. If people cant do that fine but please don't push this negativity onto others..

This_is_Highbury

Same can be said of Sunderland - it just isnt very likely. for the last three years people said we wont win with Arteta-Woj and Giroud

now its Giroud and Welbeck who arent good enough to be key attacking players - and deep down most arsenal fans agree.

if they get 20 league goals between them it will be a ****ing wonder.

Giroud will probably score around 20 goals himself the coming season. I know that it is forbidden to rate him here but i have to say that he has improved his goalscoring for every season with us.

danman5033

He is willing to take risky decisions, i give you that. But Arsène does not lack ambition overall and if you really think he does i don´t think you know anything about football.[/
We had a bad half to the season which was balanced by one of the best run's we've ever had. If you think that's bad, go slog it out on the terraces of Portsmouth or Hereford and then come back and say we have no ambition.

This is what p*sses me off about the modern fan, there's no room for the long view or the bigger picture. It's all "buy player x" and then moan when you don't get him.
Mate this isn't the first time that's happened. Look at the 12/13 season just as bad of a first half then we scrambled to get a cl place. That is ALL WE DID. That run doesn't make us world beaters. It's deluding us into thinking we're there . we need 3 additions. It'll be a cruel reality check when mourinho gives us the annual thumping . we don't have the necessary ambition to win the league which we haven't done in 11 years. It's time to be ruthless. Arteta would not be in the squad for any other top 4 team in any league even the effing Chinese league. And giroud would not start for any other top 4 club.

This_is_Highbury

Mate this isn't the first time that's happened. Look at the 12/13 season just as bad of a first half then we scrambled to get a cl place. That is ALL WE DID. That run doesn't make us world beaters. It's deluding us into thinking we're there . we need 3 additions. It'll be a cruel reality check when mourinho gives us the annual thumping . we don't have the necessary ambition to win the league which we haven't done in 11 years. It's time to be ruthless. Arteta would not be in the squad for any other top 4 team in any league even the effing Chinese league. And giroud would not start for any other top 4 club.

I am not your ****ing mate, troll.

danman5033

Yeah, you seem to be a grown man.
My frustration is based off the fact that we are in an endless loop. I guarantee you you would of said we are gonna win the league last season. Then to be out of the race by Christmas it's an absolute joke. My point is not that Arsène has no ambition. But the fact that he is stubborn and proud and actually thinks some of his players are better than they really are

blaze_of_glory

Didn't want to win last season. All we needed was a cb and dm last summer and we could of competed from the start. Instead we had to go through one of the worst first halves to a season ever. Playing monreal at cb and arteta and flamini at dm who each cost us 6-8 pts individually. Wenger even said right after the last window closed that "we didn't need anymore additions" .

That's 18-24 points, why we'd have walked the league!! Damn you Wengerrrr!!

em9999

My rainbows
I'm always suspicious of fans that say I've been a fan since we won this or that cup...
Where you at Anfield 89 I'm prob older Than most of you lol

This_is_The_Year

Giroud will probably score around 20 goals himself the coming season. I know that it is forbidden to rate him here but i have to say that he has improved his goalscoring for every season with us.

A faster more mobile striker would get on the end of a lot more chances - but yes Giroud has improved his finishing - he just still isnt good enough. When he plays for France without our midfield to make him look almost good enough he is beyond poor.

and he wont get 20 goals - anyone can see that he hasnt got the physique to play an entire season as a starting striker.

he would be a great option as cover and super-sub - but relying on him as the main striker is utter madness - having Welbeck as his cover is just as insane.

compared to our rivals this is why we wont win - their options are miles ahead (united will be at the end of the window)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

How dare you try to be reasonable, sir?! There's no such thing as a middle-ground/balanced opinion on the interwebs!

Can we just go back to discussing how difficult it'll be to get Benzema and waiting to see if Madrid makes moves in the market?

Salt, pinch. Relax.

EDIT: Was not telling Rex to chill, that was meant for all of us. Words are not my forte.

Last edited:

danman5033

That's 18-24 points, why we'd have walked the league!! Damn you Wengerrrr!!
Flaminis pass vs the spuds that's 2 pts. Him not marking aguero vs city at home. Another 2 pts. Up 3 nil vs anderlecht. Flamini comes on 3-3. That's 2 crucial cl points. Or when lukaku burned flamini to make it 2 nil? Yet another 2 pts. And thats just off the top of my head

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There seems to be a very thin line between simply not signing a player in a specific position and a huge "lack of ambition".

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
A faster more mobile striker would get on the end of a lot more chances - but yes Giroud has improved his finishing - he just still isnt good enough. When he plays for France without our midfield to make him look almost good enough he is beyond poor.

and he wont get 20 goals - anyone can see that he hasnt got the physique to play an entire season as a starting striker.

he would be a great option as cover and super-sub - but relying on him as the main striker is utter madness - having Welbeck as his cover is just as insane.

compared to our rivals this is why we wont win - their options are miles ahead (united will be at the end of the window)

I can see them looking for a sub for Rooney, TBH. When was his last extention?

Can see him giving them a headache over this if they sign a starting XI player and making Rooney play in midfield again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom