• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We aren't even after benzema. All the sources that said we were are absolute bollocks

I think we've very likely talked to his agent or Madrid. Who then prompted us to go fish.

Someone/Media picked up on the call and are milking it for clicks.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If it continues on this current course, this summer we'll probably have a negative net-spend once Campbell gets sold. Wenger has the money, no matter how highly he rates his players it's also part of his job to find improvement on the market. Failing to do so should also count as his failure. Just like how he failed to address CB and DM situation last summer and cost us.

danman5033

If it continues on this current course, this summer we'll probably have a negative net-spend once Campbell gets sold. Wenger has the money, no matter how highly he rates his players it's also part of his job to find improvement on the market. Failing to do so should also count as his failure. Just like how he failed to address CB and DM situation last summer and cost us.
You nailed it. That is my point exactly. Failing to address issues every summer is inexcusable and this summer is make or break for us.

BigDane

I think we've very likely talked to his agent or Madrid. Who then prompted us to go fish.

Someone/Media picked up on the call and are milking it for clicks.

Seems the only logical explanation.

We are doing the groundwork here, talking to the agents of players on our shortlist. This is the way Arsenal do work now; keep quiet and react when something interesting happens.

Just wish the fanbase would stay calm and have faith too. Based on our last two-three transfer windows and the signing of Cech why would you not trust Wengers judgement?

12TimeWinners

We aren't even after benzema. All the sources that said we were are absolute bollocks
You're absolutely right, Wenger ought to be p45'd with immediate effect! He clearly hasn't the ambition to force the wealthiest club in the world to sell one of their most valuable assets. By your logic (not just yours by the way), Arsène bottled it when Torres went for £50m, De Bruyne's a decent talent why aren't we forking out the £60m? or the £90m for Pogba? What a disgrace Wenger is!
Why is it so difficult to accept that Arsenal, although undoubtedly the most respectably run 'big club', do not have a divine right to win everything all the time?
Good evening all, I have 'lurked' for years. I just couldn't resist the bait being that we all (including Wenger) want this calibre of signing. Bit like we all want 'that mansion', trouble is life aint that straight forward, a lesson these young gooners will no doubt find out with terrible fright.

This_is_The_Year

Am I missing something with this thread - has there ever been anything that remotely suggested we could get Benzema? Top player but this 'rumour' seems like another that has no legs.

We dont conduct our business in public - there wont ever be a credible link. The transfer forum has three purposes.

1: Sharing news about other clubs transfers
2: A wishlist forum camouflaged as "transfer news"
3: helps us pass the time until the season starts

when clubs like city-chelsea-united or pool are after a player it will be leaked because they want to unsettle the player - classless ****s

danman5033

You're absolutely right, Wenger ought to be p45'd with immediate effect! He clearly hasn't the ambition to force the wealthiest club in the world to sell one of their most valuable assets. By your logic (not just yours by the way), Arsène bottled it when Torres went for £50m, De Bruyne's a decent talent why aren't we forking out the £60m? or the £90m for Pogba? What a disgrace Wenger is!
Why is it so difficult to accept that Arsenal, although undoubtedly the most respectably run 'big club', do not have a divine right to win everything all the time?
Good evening all, I have 'lurked' for years. I just couldn't resist the bait being that we all (including Wenger) want this calibre of signing. Bit like we all want 'that mansion', trouble is life aint that straight forward, a lesson these young gooners will no doubt find out with terrible fright.
You clearly don't get the point. We NEED. world class striker. I'm all for spending smart we don't shell out for overrated players in poisitions we don't need. But benzema for 45 -50 mil is a massive bargain.we are the mighty arsenal 13 league titles your telling me we shouldn't have the dream of competing for a ****ing league title for once in 11 years?

Danskin

Established Member
We might not be after Benzema (making bids), but I think we're on the situation. I think Wenger wants the player but he's waiting to see if Benzema's situation at Real changes.

chessygoal

Benzema loves Madrid, he has always said it, but it doesn't mean that they'll keep him.
If Benitez wants him as a sub he'll leave, if not this summer then in January. And hopefully, Arsène sold him on our project. #believe

12TimeWinners

You clearly don't get the point. We NEED. world class striker. I'm all for spending smart we don't shell out for overrated players in poisitions we don't need. But benzema for 45 -50 mil is a massive bargain.we are the mighty arsenal 13 league titles your telling me we shouldn't have the dream of competing for a ****ing league title for once in 11 years?
Indeed Benzema at 45-50 m is a deal worth persuing although I would stop short of massive bargain, being that he could break his leg on opening day, or simply, not perform. But how do we force Real, or Bayern to sell such rare commodities? What would be your alternative suggestion should both teams refuse? Do you not consider that City fans will be wishlisting Sanchez and wondering why we wouldn't sell for 5om? Or even Wilshere at £35m?
Would you have us sign PAE, or do 'business' with Aulas for Lacazette whom might just turn out to be the next.....Remy

danman5033

Indeed Benzema at 45-50 m is a deal worth persuing although I would stop short of massive bargain, being that he could break his leg on opening day, or simply, not perform. But how do we force Real, or Bayern to sell such rare commodities? What would be your alternative suggestion should both teams refuse? Do you not consider that City fans will be wishlisting Sanchez and wondering why we wouldn't sell for 5om? Or even Wilshere at £35m?
Would you have us sign PAE, or do 'business' with Aulas for Lacazette whom might just turn out to be the next.....Remy
Lacazette looks good I wouldn't mind having him in the side. Definetly not PAE though. City fans wishlist them because all we did from 2009-2012 was sell them our players.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Really..fighting..the urge.. to say.. something... negative... ahhhhh..

We'll be fine guys. Plenty of time to let this striker situation unfold. Even if it's not Benzema, maybe Wenger has something up his sleeve. People are forgetting it's so early in the window for us. No need to jump to conclusions about our signings (or lack of) just yet.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'll be pissed off if we do only get a striker and once again neglect the midfield. Last summer Wenger cost us points due to not signing a CB and this year it looks like he's pinning our hopes on Coquelin playing 50 games next season.

When you've got £70m to spend, why risk it? Use the money and strengthen the squad where it needs strengthening.

This_is_The_Year

in the years we havnt had a striker or even ****ing tried to sign a good one

Aguero got signed
Suarez got signed
Lewandowski got signed
Higuain got signed
Cavani got signed

just to name a few - even going after the young and clearly talented like Moratta was beyond what we deemed a good buy.

if we arent willing to fork out the cash needed for the best strikers we are going to have to gamble on players like Moratta and lacazette - but we arent doing that either.

it will be like the keeper situation - 11 ****ing years before by some lucky fluke a good striker ends up in our lap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom