• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't see him at Barca, reckon he'll be a present to Bale from Perez when Ronaldo leaves.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We should never do that.

Look how much they have to overpay for **** players themselves because they're so stupidly stubborn when selling.
Selling and immediately replacing almost never works. Transfer windows are all about opportunity. Its rare to sell a player and be able to find a direct replacement in the same window that fits your team needs. Like you said, you end up overpaying (because you need someone NOW) for a player who doesn't fit in that well (because he was the best thing available at the time). Really ****ty way to run your club, always end up worse off.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I don't see him as a captain, too nice.

Then who in our squad is a captain if you're going to base it on 'how nice people are?' Per and Santi are nice. Wilshere seems the obvious choice then, doesn't he?

Imo, Ramsey is captain-material. Loves the club, is an example to players (work-rate, no incidents in public) and could definitely be a leader in the future.

Liam Spencer

Of course he will captain us one day, must keep the tradition of selling our captain to a significant rival/competitor alive.

Vieira, Juventus - 2005
Henry, Barcelona - 2007
Fabregas, Barcelona - 2011
van Persie, Man United - 2012
Ramsey, Madrid/Barcelona - ?

A shame that Arteta has put an annoying halt to this trend, he will leave for a lowly team when his contract expires, and is not a pivotal player anymore anyway.

All this aside, I hope Wilshere gets the captaincy; he's a true Arsenal man, and I don't see him leaving in his prime years.

All he needs is one injury free campaign, and he's set.

That's the benefit of having a play come through the ranks, no substitute for it.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Except we aren't forced to sell now, because we've got plenty of dough and are not building a stadium.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
So much talk about Aaron all over the forum, but none of it in here ;)

So let me leave my thought about him, and hopefully talk about him stays here.

We all know Ramsey works best with a player like young Arteta next to him. We dont have a player like that in Coquelin, Santi or Jack now.
Playing with any of them can be very useful at specific occasion.
Alongside Coquelin we get a lot of athleticism and muscles wich all results with good work rate and ball winning display.
Ramsey as he is, going for glory everytime, which is a fantastic spirit to have, forgets his defensive positioning at times, most of all against smaller teams (thinking we are so much better). At the same time he doesnt control the game well, once again, cause he is busy trying to set up a goal or score. Fantastic spirit to have, again, but tactically we suffer cause of that often
In bigger games, he is aware how dadly it can be when he makes a mistake and actually pays more attention.

I am sure AW is working, in his own way, on it, so Aaron becomes more of a controlled player, but still making sure he doesn't lose that skill Aaron has.
At the same time, Coq is on his way up and is more relaxed and useful on the ball wich is tood for him and us, and There is no reason not to think those 2 could make one hell of partnership.
What will also help them is Jack playing on the right, which he surely will when fit. Another player so good on the ball will make Coq-Aaron's creative job much more easier.

Once we need to play with more creativity from the deep, we also have fantastic duo to choose from in Santi and Jack, one that prOved he can make nice duo there with Coq, and another one who has all the tools to do the same, if not even better in a long run.

That leaves Ramsey to play wide, where he can play with more freedom, which in his case, means lots of forward runs and nice skillset when near goal, either with a killer pass or scoring goals.

For once, I would like to see him play wide left, wich is more natural for him since he is a righty. Even when playing on the right, he spends more time making runs on the left side of the pitch, cause its natural to him. That leaves our right side player short, both offensively and defensively if we lose a ball.
I hope we'll see Alexis, Ox, Theo, even Jack or Welbeck on right at times, and give Aaron some time on the left where he did lots of damage in the past.

In a perfect sceneraio for Aaron, we would play with direct wingers, DM behind him and another CM next to him (all this means no Özil)
So there is my 'answer' when we can see beat from him, probably. Once German is out, wich is just another great option we have in our team
All of these fit Aaron, however you turn it around. Only 'problem is', at certain situations, many of which I posted now, requires other player selection to be spot on, so Aaron, and other guys can show their best and beat any team there is.

Reason why If money could buy you healthy season, I would be a higher bidder for that before season, even if that means no Cech or any other player we could have got.

We have options and class, Aaron is without any doubt one of them and fits our game in any way

MrBump

I really don't see Ramsey as a creator.
I really don't see Ramsey as a controller.

What I do see is him being industrious yet slow and halts a lot of our play. My view is that the team as a whole suffers wherever and whenever he plays because we have better suited players in all the positions he's been playing in.
He has the least amount of technical skill in the squad.
As team play goes.......

Am
Özil better
Cazorla better

Cm
Cazorla better
Wilshere better

Rw
Ox better
Theo better
Wilshere better

Maxim

Ramsey is comically underrated on this forum in basically all aspects of his game. The post above is a prime example, least amount of technical skill in the squad, lol.

His passing game especially is practically ignored as he's seen by many on here as just a runner who's constantly trying to be striker. below is a screen cap of all the top passers in the league so far.

Screenshot_2015-09-03-00-47-02.png

Ramsey is second only to Santi Cazorla, barely even played Cm. Make of that what you will.

Source -http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#pass-accuracy#player-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2015/2016#all-teams#all-player-positions#16#43#0#12#90#08/08/2015#03/09/2015#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Bould14

Ramsey is comically underrated on this forum in basically all aspects of his game. The post above is a prime example, least amount of technical skill in the squad, lol.

His passing game especially is practically ignored as he's seen by many on here as just a runner who's constantly trying to be striker. below is a screen cap of all the top passers in the league so far.

View attachment 438

Ramsey is second only to Santi Cazorla, barely even played Cm. Make of that what you will.

Source -http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#pass-accuracy#player-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2015/2016#all-teams#all-player-positions#16#43#0#12#90#08/08/2015#03/09/2015#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total
This squaka stuff never tell the full story. This stuff never takes into account the system the player is in or the chemistry he has with his teammates. Ramsey has his engine, movement in the box, and finishing touch. He's an ideal player when you want an extra attacker in the game. Reminds me of Muller in the sense that he's not a CF or really a AM but a hybrid. Ramsey is a hybrid player. When on form a very valuable one.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I agree he is underrated.
So much more of a player then people think he is.
Many are annoyed with him cause they see him as a problem when we suffer. Its other players and the system we play at that moment that 'ruin' our game, Ramsey is no problem. Aaron can only be better if the system is right, but it will come, no doubts

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
This squaka stuff never tell the full story. This stuff never takes into account the system the player is in or the chemistry he has with his teammates. Ramsey has his engine, movement in the box, and finishing touch. He's an ideal player when you want an extra attacker in the game. Reminds me of Muller in the sense that he's not a CF or really a AM but a hybrid. Ramsey is a hybrid player. When on form a very valuable one.

I said this all last week on the forum and was widely criticized. The role Wenger instructs Ramsey to to do is exactly that of Mullers for Bayern

seanb85

Agree with those who said Rambo's underrated on here, criminally! Really want him and Coquelin to get a sustained run in the team (at the absence of Santi) as I think they could work really well together...

Hegemony

I like Ramsey; at the moment he is underrated because of tactics and form. No denying that we've looked poor so far this season, especially in attack. If we look at our top performers this season, we're looking at all defensive lads.

Ramsey takes a lot of criticism because he has a free-role and he has failed to utilize it. Is this his fault? Yes, but some blame has to go to the squad performance and chemistry. No one has looked good; our attack is lethargic and uninspired. Our woeful start to the season cannot be blamed on anyone, it's a team problem. Ramsey is a great player and has a big future at Arsenal FC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom