• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Chelsea v Arsenal - 19/09/15 - 12:45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

General

Established Member
Gabrielle's charge was inevitable, he behaved like a tit after the sending off and I don't know what he was trying to achieve. He wasn't thinking with his head or about the team at that point and this is crazy for a player who is yet to prove himself here. With Mike Dean lurking, Costa was never going to incriminate himself by doing anything stupid. Gabrielle obviously tried to disguise the kick to provoke a reaction but it was school boy stuff. Any half decent dark artist out there would know that what you do in that scenario is to step on the guys foot.

blaze_of_glory

He could even argue he wasnt even aiming a kick at him. I mean, it only becomes an attempted kick if someone is attempting to enter you anally anyway. What was he doing standing so close? I'm confident our reps will make a good go of it when they appeal.
Yup exactly. It's unfortunate that Gab has come out and said he was in the wrong for doing it, because otherwise I think there would be a decent argument that it wasn't an intentional kick at all. That's the exact same motion I make when my ****ty knee is bugging me and I want to move/stretch it a bit.

I mean we know it was a kick now, but its such a minor movement that there's no way that there could be any intent to injure there. More of an attempt to get away from the annoyance behind him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dont get me wrong, it was a reaction of sorts and we know red cards can be produced for even the slightest things. Gabby was still an idiot to do what he did.

General

Established Member
Arguing against the kick out by Gabrielle is bound to end in certain rejection of the appeal. I'd imagine the club will cite extreme provocation by Costa, the behaviour of the Chelsea players and the fact that Costa should not have been on the pitch in the first place. As Mike ****ing Dean has now admitted that had he seen the incident, he would have issued a red card, we have a strong case. 3+1 match ban will probably be reduced to 2.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sam Wallace– Verified account ‏@SamWallaceIndy
Arsenal appeal Gabriel's red card on 2 counts 1) wrongful dismissal; or failing that 2) excessive punishment (they want 3-match ban reduced)
I dont understand either count. Wrongful dismissal would imply that it was a case of mistaken identity. As it certainly wasnt, the 'excessive punishment' count will stand because, technically, and if they deem what Gabby did to be an attack on the ****, then it's violent conduct, which is a standard 3 game ban.

Remember, you dont even have to make contact for it to be deemed as violent conduct, however stupid that is.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I doubt our appeal will have any effect at all actually. FA won't want to admit the officials screwed up any more than they have to.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@The Jury

People are citing this as a case of excessive punishment, in the end Matic had his ban reduced by one match.

General

Established Member
And for missing such a major flashpoint which significantly affected the outcome of the game, Mike Dean should be relegated to the lower leagues. It won't be the first time it's happened to him.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Great to hear the F.A have their balls strapped on this week! Gabriel's ban reduced to 1 game and Costa banned for 3 would be such good news.

Just watched the breakdown from the Chelsea game and Adrian Clarke bring up a great point about their goal. I was fixated on how much deeper Kos was at the time, therefore putting everyone onside but Zouma was literally unmarked at the back post. It was just schoolboy stuff. Have a look at how bad our organisation was. Alexis gets brought in at the last second to mark Zouma but just ends up standing still and not following him!

Our defending at set pieces really is comical.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Nearly started a thread on this as it's one of my biggest pet peeves. Why in god's ****ing name do we bringing EVERYONE back for corners and free kicks? We've got a number of midgets in every starting line up who do sod all for us defensively at set pieces. Leave them up the field! When we clear it, it just comes straight back at us. We're effectively giving teams two bites at the cherry, at least. You leave a couple of players up field and you open up possibilities to counter or to put pressure on opponents picking up the second ball. It also means opposition have to leave players back to cover. What on earth do Sanchez, Cazorla, Özil and the like offer us defending? All they're going do is cause chaos/

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
To be fair. the more I think about it the more I think this could be the defining moment of our season.

If we're angry, the club must be fuming. This could be the thing that unionizes us, that gives us drive, that puts us in the mentality that it's us against them. That may be frowned upon mentality but I'd welcome it, to be honest. We need to be angry, we need to take it out on Sp**s and Leicester to salvage something from our season. Then move on from that.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Nearly started a thread on this as it's one of my biggest pet peeves. Why in god's ****ing name do we bringing EVERYONE back for corners and free kicks? We've got a number of midgets in every starting line up who do sod all for us defensively at set pieces. Leave them up the field! When we clear it, it just comes straight back at us. We're effectively giving teams two bites at the cherry, at least. You leave a couple of players up field and you open up possibilities to counter or to put pressure on opponents picking up the second ball. It also means opposition have to leave players back to cover. What on earth do Sanchez, Cazorla, Özil and the like offer us defending? All they're going do is cause chaos/
Yeah that's very true. It's baffling really mate. Infuriates me so much. Last season we were second only to Burnley as the team who conceded the most from set pieces/headers. This season doesn't seem to be any different. Think back to huge games last season where poor defending at set pieces/crosses cost us points. City at home. Pool away. Swansea away. Sp**s away. If we'd just kept our bloody concentration when balls get crossed in then we're talking about being 10+ points better off.

I don't think we can ever expect it to improve while Wenger's here though. It's been a problem for many years now and hasn't been rectified. At least we've improved at scoring from set pieces.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
This is one of the rare football incidents whereby everyone (refs, supporters of other clubs included) is absolutely disgusted by a player's actions. This is so one sided and clear cut it makes Dean's refereeing even more ridiculous. Even Chelsea fans can't stand Costa's cheating antics.

I'm f**king tired of it if I'm honest. When he jumped up and chest-barged Koscielny, my immediate reaction was, "What the f**k are you doing?".

Seriously, it's embarrassing. Every f**king game he gets involved in this nonsense and it's becoming a running joke.

Some of us want to watch football, if he's not interested in playing he should become a wrestler.

I hope Jose has a seriously strong word with him now. We've lost him for three games and he's on borrowed time, because he's a marked man now, and I just don't think he can play with that level of scrutiny, because he'll have to change his game dramatically.

He's got what he deserved, a three game ban, nobody can argue.

It's f**king pathetic if you ask me.

There'll be people saying he's shrewd, a street fighter etc. Ain't nothing smart about being banned.

The biggest laugh is when he's described as a hard man.

He's got problems, and he needs to sort them out, and this is where Mourinho comes in, he needs to instil a bit of discipline, he needs to do what Fergie did with a few of his bad boys, channel that aggression constructively, remove the excesses.

Let's not go around blaming other people. This is all Diego's fault.
Probably should have been give red at least on 4 seperate occasions today, was incredibly fortunate that he didn't spoil our 20 minutes of good play. I've always defended his antics in the past but today feels like the first time a victory of ours has been tainted. He has gone way overboard. I really don't like cheating our way to victory.

Chelsea fans are also shocked Gabriel got a red card.
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/21/9362549/gabriel-diego-costa-kick-out-replays

f**king pathetic to get a red card for that. Considering that Costa smacked him in the face several times, to get a straight red for a tiny tap like that is ridiculous.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Great to hear the F.A have their balls strapped on this week! Gabriel's ban reduced to 1 game and Costa banned for 3 would be such good news.

Just watched the breakdown from the Chelsea game and Adrian Clarke bring up a great point about their goal. I was fixated on how much deeper Kos was at the time, therefore putting everyone onside but Zouma was literally unmarked at the back post. It was just schoolboy stuff. Have a look at how bad our organisation was. Alexis gets brought in at the last second to mark Zouma but just ends up standing still and not following him!

We missed our chief set piece defender, Oli

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc was gagging for that sending off, ****ing snake.

Chambers pats Costa on the back as he was substituted, pansy.

Horror show all round. Wenger put in his place again by Mourinho.

FreeGlennHelder

To be fair. the more I think about it the more I think this could be the defining moment of our season.

If we're angry, the club must be fuming. This could be the thing that unionizes us, that gives us drive, that puts us in the mentality that it's us against them. That may be frowned upon mentality but I'd welcome it, to be honest. We need to be angry, we need to take it out on Sp**s and Leicester to salvage something from our season. Then move on from that.

Mate. Lets be honest. They didn't even look super wound up bothered with a splash of burning injustice in the second half just after the incident. I have my doubts that this will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom