• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think you mean the U17 WC - and he won basically the same award which was the Golden Ball, meaning he was voted the best player at the tournament so signs look promising. I did manage to catch a couple of Nigeria's games, and their striker Omhisen stood out the most, but Nwakali looked very composed and pretty much ran the middle of the park. He's got a good passing range and he's strong.

This could be promising, as he looks very good from the little I've seen, but not enough to know whether he's better than Iheanacho - who looks like a very promising player himself.
I did, mind went blank there.

Thanks for the insight, as usual!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So I've read that someone might be coming in this window:

Kelechi Nwakali is flying in for a medical and signing a 4 year contract - apparently...

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/tribune-exclusive-nigerias-star-player-nwakali-heads-to-arsenal

We have been trying to sign 2 of the Nigerian u17 team, are we now just going for this guy? I know there has been a few posts in "startlets" thread. He looks to have a great future.

Edit. I see at the end of the article it says we will sign his team mate, Samuel Chukwueze, next month. Is that right you can sign 16 year olds out side the window?

GunnerInPluto

Compared to Iheanacho, the new boys are perhaps not as good. Nwakali though is a super midfielder. He is capable of doing better than Cesc Fabregas did at his young age.
Some of his highlights...watch where he operates from.

GunnerInPluto

As for Chukwueze, I think he is will need more brushing up than Nwakali. Nwakali might break into the first team in two years (same as Iheanacho at Citeh).

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Can't get excited about young players anymore. I remember when Wenger said at 14 Ansah and Afobe had nothing to learn technically. Or when Fran Merida was the next Fabregas. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas was meant to be a flat-track bully along with Frimpong. And a lot of us thought Ryu Miyachi was gonna be special, especially when we found out he was nearly as quick as Theo.

But as usual, these guys look excellent in the reserves but rarely ever make it here.

Sweggeh

Hector was hyped up and made it here. Wilshere too. Even Coquelin, even though he took a longer route. Iwobi and Jeff are looking great.

This Nwakali guy looks really promising. He has the physical stature but also the on the ball skills that is reminiscent of a young Yaya Toure or a Vieira.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
According to The Guardian we will complete the signing of both
Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze before the deadline on Mon. Wenger goes on to say, there will be no further signings.

“The talks are progressing well,” Wenger said. “Do I expect them to be done this month? Yes. Of course, there are work permit issues and medical issues, because they have to take medicals. But it is progressing well.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...sign-nigeria-kelechi-nwakali-samuel-chukwueze

Last edited:

emilursin

fourth-round clash against Burnley:

on the latest on Debuchy…
Yes, Mathieu might go somewhere but I don’t know where at the moment and that decision haas to be made very quickly now because there is only 48 hours to go. He has much interest in him, but I have a number of people who can play right back so I opened the door for him because at the moment he doesn’t play and has Bellerin in front.

on any other business…
No, no at the moment as I told you I have 23 players in training, plus two is 25 and unless people go out we are not on the verge of bringing anyone in.

on Javier Hernandez…
No, Welbeck is coming back now and Alexis is back, we have Giroud and Walcott. You would not understand again why I don’t play Giroud and play Hernandez so we the quality and the number of players that we need.

on Jenkinson’s fitness…
He has a cruciate, so that rules him out for six months.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...n-transfers-and-jenkinson#dIVqhySjIxgiK4TT.99

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Why would it be on the 3rd? Isn't it Monday, 11,00pm?

Not sure but all my Sky transfer bets have this date down, assumed it was deadline day rather than a random date they picked a few days after.

Might actually be Tuesday the 2nd.

BLavBHH.png

Sweggeh

fourth-round clash against Burnley:

on the latest on Debuchy…
Yes, Mathieu might go somewhere but I don’t know where at the moment and that decision haas to be made very quickly now because there is only 48 hours to go. He has much interest in him, but I have a number of people who can play right back so I opened the door for him because at the moment he doesn’t play and has Bellerin in front.

on any other business…
No, no at the moment as I told you I have 23 players in training, plus two is 25 and unless people go out we are not on the verge of bringing anyone in.

This part right here is making me hopeful that he has a Debuchy replacement in mind. We certainly need to bring someone in if Mathieu leaves.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Yeah, we're full of RB's. I'd be more concerned about the LB if Monreal goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom