• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pep Guardiola - The Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Even the top clubs don't really have it with the exception of City

Okay, thats fine but can you tell me which these top clubs are that dont change their manager basically every 3years ? I cant think and would like to know

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ofcourse he'll be buying this summer. He'll be shaping the team he wants to play.

Not so easy to find the players he needs , they all play for Bayern and Barca and he'll have to get rid of a lot .

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Not so easy to find the players he needs , they all play for Bayern and Barca and he'll have to get rid of a lot .
It won't be hard for him, players will come to City to play under him. He's a major attraction.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Despite all the big coaches coming in, don't underestimate our old dog, he is capable.

We may not see the title again for a while, but its also because Wenger plays handicap and saves spots for his chosen few.

He needs to adapt, its a question of how much.

Top six, nevermind top four will be a battle if he doesn't get out of hobo mode. He knows this.

Last edited:

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
We've seen Wenger be ruthless when he has to be. He just needs the extra drive.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Give me a dominating Arsenal or Man Utd any ****ing day of the week over Man City. They're ruining football, along with PSG and Chelsea.
Nah **** that, City can have five more league titles before United see just one more. Don't care about them, they hit the lottery and are just one metastasis on the mouldering carcass of modern football. The patient is long dead anyway, nothing left to "ruin".

United however can burn in hell, a few years of garbage and mediocrity are far from enough to make up for all the years of ginger orcs and rats kicking us off the pitch with the alcoholic dinosaur gleefully greasing palms everywhere. No, not fine with them topping the table until they drop out of League Football.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nah **** that, City can have five more league titles before United see just one more. Don't care about them, they hit the lottery and are just one metastasis on the mouldering carcass of modern football. The patient is long dead anyway, nothing left to "ruin".

United however can burn in hell, a few years of garbage and mediocrity are far from enough to make up for all the years of ginger orcs and rats kicking us off the pitch with the alcoholic dinosaur gleefully greasing palms everywhere. No, not fine with them topping the table until they drop out of League Football.

Id probably agree with this actually.

United supporter arrogance had reached supreme levels and its like you say Jones, they need a proper humbling.

They going to fight it with all they got though, they have the stature and money in the game to do so. I expect them to sell their souls to Jose to ensure that they remain relevant at the highest level.

For me though, a good 10-12 trophyless years will do thank you.

amirkat

Established Member
Had a quick look at Redcafe and they are in absolute MELTDOWN. Never seen anything like it. I think they've given up on football.

BobP

Memri Fan

Great post.

sammyvine

Had a quick look at Redcafe and they are in absolute MELTDOWN. Never seen anything like it. I think they've given up on football.

You can't blame em...they probably wanted Guardiola and since he has gonee to City it really shows that City are the team in Manchester not not United.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It won't be hard for him, players will come to City to play under him. He's a major attraction.

To find players of the technical calibre and intelligence he requires he is going to have to poach Bayern and Barca . Won't be suprised if Douglas Costa and Boateng get extremely large offers or Thiago who seems to follow him around .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Despite all the big coaches coming in, don't underestimate our old dog, he is capable.

We may not see the title again for a while, but its also because Wenger plays handicap and saves spots for his chosen few.

He needs to adapt, its a question of how much.

Top six, nevermind top four will be a battle if he doesn't get out of hobo mode. He knows this.

It's a new thing we are seeing now I reckon , the superstar coach . Pep is like a trouble shooter comes in for a couple of seasons and wins a few things and goes somewhere else . For all the talk about him he still hasn't won Bayern a CL doesn't seem to bother him either.

say yes

forum master baiter

Your hatred for United is beautiful :drool:

If anyone ever feels slightly sympathetic towards them, just watch this:

SteveEvets

It will all depend on who he is able to recruit in the summer.

If he is able to draw multiple players from the Messi/Neymar/Suarez/Lewandowski class, then may God help us.

However, it is more likely that he is 'restricted' to spending £50-60m a pop on signings like KDB/Sterling/Otamendi/Stones/Laporte etc. If that's the case, he isn't going to walk this league like everyone says. People are still focusing on the huge fees like it's 2005, and not realising that in some ways the value for money has gone down in recent years. The proof is how the top teams in the PL have fallen behind those on the continent despite record spending here.

These days the teams in midtable/bottom half are all going to be able to spend enough such that they'll field teams capable of troubling anyone on their day, as they're already doing. For that reason I can't see City ever getting to a point to where they're miles ahead of everyone else talent wise, the way Bayern is in Germany at the moment.

He will probably try to go after few of our players, they can play in England and are most likely to understand his branch of football.

Hopefully we will stay strong!

Malky

Established Member
People thinking he'll dominate the league are seriously over rating Pep or under rating the Premiership. He could of played Bayern reserves in three quarters of the Bundesliga and won the ****ing thing, wont be able to do that here. He also had it that easy he could comfortably rest players before Champions League games, again he'll need his best 11 every week.
As for building the team itself, personally I think he could struggle. If the players he wants are happy at Bayern, Madrid, Barca, PSG etc then he's screwed, they are not leaving to play in Manchester, FFS. He'll need to poach the best from the other big clubs, like Pogba from Juve. He basically need's to sort out there CM's, CB's and full backs; a lot of work to do in the summer. If Wenger pulls his finger out, gets ruthless and actually delivers in the summer transfer window things could get very difficult for Pep as I expect Chelsea, United and Liverpool to reinforce there squads with quality players. Pep May find himself in a situation he's not used to; a highly competitive league!

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
He will probably try to go after few of our players, they can play in England and are most likely to understand his branch of football.

Hopefully we will stay strong!
I think we should be expecting bids for Koscielny, Bellerin and possibly even Coq; if his stock continues to rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom