• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #3: Chivas de Guadalajara vs Arsenal FC - Aug. 1st, 2:00am (UK )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom

When Holding signed did anyone dig up any stats on what he was good at, at Bolton?

Like Kanté when he was at Caen had the most intercepts two season running.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bit of a sh*t half if I'm honest. Again, it is pre-season, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of plan in place for our defense or our attack. Half the team is pressing and half the team is standing off - runs being unco-ordinated and poorly timed. Xhaka defensively had a few problems I thought, late lunges and not in the right position a couple of times - he and Coquelin not gelling so far. Cazorla seems far more on his wavelength. The wingers not really in it - Iwobi working hard physically but he just doesn't look sharp. Ox looks good, probably only one who's ready for the season. Bellerin wasn't bad either. Walcott has been as terrible today as he has been all pre-season. Chambers and Holding have been OK - the latter played one horrible pass but looks good, Chambers looks to still be building up sharpness, looks a tad off the pace.

Bring on the youngsters for the 2nd half please, thank you.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Caught the game around the 20th minute and like what I see so far for a preseason game vs a good Chivas. A number of positives:
- Xhaka-Santi first signs of partnership.
- Iwobi activity and defensive efforts
- Ox pretty active albeit too selfish for my taste.
- Rob Holding fist goal.
- Nacho not missing a beat.

Would like to see Elneny next to Xhaka to start the second half. Hopefully it will Elneny-Xhaka behind Santi in two weeks, since Özil will likely not start.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
When Holding signed did anyone dig up any stats on what he was good at, at Bolton?

Like Kanté when he was at Caen had the most intercepts two season running.
Yeah, he's pretty adept at leaving sinking ships...

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
are you ****ing kidding me???
what a goal!!!
gracias dios, gracias por el futbol, gracias por Ox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom