• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #5: Arsenal FC vs Manchester City FC. - Sunday, August 7th - 6:00pm (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anyway that was good win we still have a problem in defense apart from Kosh we don't have a quality CB Gab is error prone and seriously injured. Chambers the same and still young Holding is still young too.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
because the premier league is a different bone to roar, its way faster and phisical, we need someone who can start against liverpool and play with someone young next to him, because we dont have an experience partner either. We need a player that is ready RIGHT NOW.
Well, seems like we should've signed Skrtel on a free transfer and gotten rid of Mertesacker. Easy to say on hindsight though. But I did put that forward as an option. Still, we may need more than one but a top CB is a must this window regardless of PL experience.

Such a ****ing buzz kill this. Fat cvnt Yaya. Was just getting all hyped with our kids and Elneny-Xhaka bossing it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we put ourselves in trouble in the first game of the season. Chambers Holding going to play as center backs.

it's not the medical or wenger fault just a bad luck a very bad luck

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Im done trolling you lad. Needed to, after the garbage you sprouted yesterday.

Check yourself ffs. You usually post good quality.
What the **** are you talking about?

You want a debate? You got one. No I don't think we're ready for the season. We have 3 centre backs left, Walcott and Giroud are our only strikers and we have a third of our first team that hasn't even kicked a single ball for us this season.

You said I was ****ting myself over Liverpool. I asked you for proof. You couldn't provide any. You asked me if I'm watching today's game. Yes, I did watch today's game. I also watched last years game where we outplayed Chelsea then went on to lose 2-0 against West Ham on the opening day.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm guessing... Debuchy n Koscielny pairing next, in event of no signings.
Integration and communication is something that would have played in Wenger's mind. Either Debuchy, or Xhaka to be a stop gap defender for Wenger to buy some time.

Amongst the 3 others, Chambers looked more likely over the latter in terms of cohesiveness with whoever he partners, but overall Bielik's potential is higher. Holding's play needs to develop some consistency before Wenger decides to rate him over any others.
I like Chambers but he's a mistake waiting to happen. Holding looks like he wanted to make a few today also.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
In all seriousness. We need a defender. Friendlies are great, but you know that once we get into full PL swing, we are gonna get murdered with This lot at the back.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
no loan for Debuchy then, do you reckon? I wonder how he'll feel about that - hopefully he'll see it as a second chance to prove himself

nicky47

Established Member
Gutted for Gabriel. I know he doesn't give us much confidence at the back, but I never want to see one of our own get injured... I wish him a very speedy recovery!

Oh and we really need to push for a good CB now. If Mustafi is our target I'd be surprised if we don't see some sort of news early next week. If we were to get him though, would he even be fit for Liverpool?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hoping Chambers can lay down a serious claim now for that CB position in Per and Gabriels' absences. These are the opportunities he has to grab really and I think he's got it in him.

Otherwise I'd like to see Elneny-Xhaka against Pool. Santi still looked incredibly rusty.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What the **** are you talking about?

You want a debate? You got one. No I don't think we're ready for the season. We have 3 centre backs left, Walcott and Giroud are our only strikers and we have a third of our first team that hasn't even kicked a single ball for us this season.

You said I was ****ting myself over Liverpool. I asked you for proof. You couldn't provide any. You asked me if I'm watching today's game. Yes, I did watch today's game. I also watched last years game where we outplayed Chelsea then went on to lose 2-0 against West Ham on the opening day.

So based on your conclusions, and our faffing about in pre-season, we are due a similar fate I suppose.

Thanks but no thanks, I'm not interested in a debate with you on this topic. Ill stop @-ing you.

Cruisio

Established Member
A few observations:

1. Walcott is a RW, not a ST
2. Elneny continues to impress, we're a lot more fluid with him in there
3. Our back up fullbacks are atrocious
4. Hate to see an injury to any player but the silver lining with Gabriel going down is it forces Wenger to bring someone in and sadly, Gabriel is/was a mistake waiting to happen back there every game
5. Iwobi needs to be starting more games
6. We badly need a clinical striker up top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom