• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #5: Arsenal FC vs Manchester City FC. - Sunday, August 7th - 6:00pm (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think it's been over five years since we won on the opening day of the season but Liverpool have only beaten us once in nine attempts at our place. We might have to be uber defensive in this game and take what we can. The injury curse has struck early so with the money we have,we have time to put it right.
The one time they won at the Emirates was in similar circumstances, with so many players missing. Think we ended up with a back 4 of Jenkinson-Koscielny-Miquel-Sagna, with Frimpong in midfield.

Ghoulfest

Lol we are not getting a defender. Don't you guys know that Coquelin has been training at centre back? More likely he ends up starting Monreal/Coquelin or Debuchy at centre because buying players is too mainstream.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Better 2nd half. Passing was more crisp. Walcott looked up for it. Looks like all those minutes of him being sh8te paid off at least for this match.

Iwobi with a nice finish and looked sharper 2nd half. He needs to keep providing end product and he will be a strong 1st team contender always.

Elneny looks secure. Want to see him next to Xhaka a bit more.

Sorry for Gabriel, looked nasty.

Akpom keeps feeding off scraps! :lol:. Keep it up lad. Its a sign, surely!

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
In contrast to what I've been saying, we're definitely in for Mustafi now. And we need him fast.

Otherwise good match. Walcott should get a payrise.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
walcott had a good game today, he can be dangerous, he likes important games, he seems to score when no space is available, we all know he can be an important player if used correctly.
injur
and btw gabriel injury is a terrible blow for us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Concerned with the options at the back to be honest. Chambers was absolutely torn apart against a high pressure Liverpool last time. Gave them a lot to work with.

Its critical that Elneny starts next week, to provide that extra support at the back. I'd also play Chambers next to Monreal for this game.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Wenger's luck is sh*t. What are chances of 2 centre backs injured for months in pre season stuff. The guy gets no breaks.

Course there'll be loads on here saying, it's poor medical staff, should have seen it coming etc etc. The b*llocks will roll out.

No, we'll say if he done his ****ing job, our problem wouldn't be half as bad.

arsmile

Established Member
what are the 'cheap pl experience' cb options if mustafi doesn't happen? Fonte's good if we don't think Southampton are gonna fight too hard for him? Evans is a non starter hopefully? Williams?

carlito'sway

Established Member
Lol we are not getting a defender. Don't you guys know that Coquelin has been training at centre back? More likely he ends up starting Monreal/Coquelin or Debuchy at centre because buying players is too mainstream.

We are getting one....I don't have one ounce of a doubt about that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
what are the 'cheap pl experience' cb options if mustafi doesn't happen? Fonte's good if we don't think Southampton are gonna fight too hard for him? Evans is a non starter hopefully? Williams?
about Williams 20M pounds Swansea asking for him. Fonte is good center back experienced too wouldn't cost us much but both will be short term.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The one time they won at the Emirates was in similar circumstances, with so many players missing. Think we ended up with a back 4 of Jenkinson-Koscielny-Miquel-Sagna, with Frimpong in midfield.
Well remembered. I thought Miquel looked like being here for years when he sort of broke through. We will have to simplify our game and just grind it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom