• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Why the hell Wenger didn't pick him up for the game yesterday?

I really don't understand.
Why Iwobi is picked ahead of him?
Why Wilshere who's back from injury was picked?

Has Joel done something wrong?

it has happened with so many players and is quite ridiculous tbh

nothing in their form warranted them to get dropped IMO

Youngsters for sure needs games to develop. but too much focus on them to perform day in day out and be counted as a starter adds too much pressure

for some like Cesc it works, but such talent you can see it from game 1 anyway

for other talents the pressure and number of games is counterproductive and injuries follows. and they can become placent

And the player who get dropped due to bad form or injury never get a chance to reclaim their spot?

Arsène's squad valuation is all over the place

Bendtneer

There was no point in having Cazorla,xhaka n wilshere on the bench thats mid field overload.Wrong decision from Wenger

Stumped

When this lad plays we play our most smooth, slick football. He's got lovely technique and a crafty left foot. He wouldn't get into Wenger teams of the past but is arguably one of the closest profile of players in this current squad to play the old Wenger style of play. I don't get why he is in/out.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When this lad plays we play our most smooth, slick football. He's got lovely technique and a crafty left foot. He wouldn't get into Wenger teams of the past but is arguably one of the closest profile of players in this current squad to play the old Wenger style of play. I don't get why he is in/out.
he does, but lacks in quality.

he's got very few strenghts as a winger.he has to play centrally near the D, and we can have only one there.

Reactions: A_G

ksarp

Why the hell Wenger didn't pick him up for the game yesterday?

I really don't understand.
Why Iwobi is picked ahead of him?
Why Wilshere who's back from injury was picked?

Has Joel done something wrong?

What you have highlighted, amongst others, is why I believe that Wenger needs to go. When you're no longer playing on the basis of merit, you don't deserve to coach.

Joel is better than Iwobi, Wilshere, Theo and Ramsey in my opinion, but for some unforseen reason, he is behind all these clowns in the pecking order. I've lost respect for Wenger.

law90026

Established Member
This is what i don't get, why is Walcott starting at all?
Campbell can do everything way better except running fast.
I honestly wonder whether Campbell wasn't a Wenger-approved signing or something. That's the only reason I can think of as to why he is soooooo out of favour.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Even IF he is average, he offers a lot more than Walcott and also Ox, cause he has got a football brain compared to those two geniuses.
unfortunately, he has not shown anything except some good moments.

3 Goals in 11 starts.

Theo had 5 goals in 15 with 1 MotM

Cousin621

Campbell is average, some of you lot are mental.
You have no clue about skills, possession, build up play, passing etc. This player CLEARLY has more to offer, defensively AND offensively, to our 'unique' wenger-style football (which seems to be mostly ad-lib anyway) than ramsey, ox & theo. You are mental to enjoy the on-balance brainless antics of those 3.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When he carried us to the CL knockout stage last season, he showed more than what Theo Walcott has shown in a whole decade.
maybe he did, but that seems to be his ceiling.

Our FW positions need to be game changers. Cannot depend upon defensive contribution alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom