• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Hull City v Arsenal | 17th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
De Bruyne isn't the kind of player to play a reactive (sit till something happens) type of player and Mourinho prefers those. He's an attack minded player and it was clear to everyone that he wasn't doing enough defensive duties at Chelsea and that's why he was sold by Mou. On the other hand, Pep uses his attacking and possession style of play to get the best out of a player like De Bruyne.

What? Mourinho loved Özil at Madrid and would love De Bruyne also, but Courtois slept with De Bruyne's girlfriend at the time which meant that one of them had to leave and De Bruyne chose to go. I can't stand Mourinho but pretty sure he had no say in the matter.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just watched the highlights from my Skopelos hideout. What a strike from Xhaka. Iwobi improving all the time, going to be difficult fitting in Perez while Iwobi & Walcott are playing well on the wings. I still say Alexis is not a CF but where do you put him if Iwobi and Walcott are playing well. I guess they can't all play every game and its a nice dilemma to have, and that doesnt even include what to do with Giroud.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Just watched the highlights from my Skopelos hideout. What a strike from Xhaka. Iwobi improving all the time, going to be difficult fitting in Perez while Iwobi & Walcott are playing well on the wings. I still say Alexis is not a CF but where do you put him if Iwobi and Walcott are playing well. I guess they can't all play every game and its a nice dilemma to have, and that doesnt even include what to do with Giroud.
Is that you hiding out?
foto07.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Never knew that about KdB wonder how that impacts the national camp.

On the match great to see us hitting four but we're so lucky. The new rules saved Cech and we'd have been down to ten. We can't put teams to the sword we're not ruthless enough. But still. Let's just ve cheerful another win hopefully more to follow.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Once in a while, one needs to be called out on his BS too. Some are abusing their BS quota here....:lol:
Have noticed a strong correlation between BS and aggression too.

I guess it's likely though, the most stressed people tend to have the biggest sense of entitlement. They're the ones who lash out at the club, manager and players when we don't win. It's just life mirrored in fandom. :(

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A big (and much ignored part) of what makes De Bruyne so good is his pace.

It allows him to do so many things your average no 10 can't. If he can't find a pass he's perfectly capable of taking a defender off the dribble and going for goal.

Ramsey on the other hand is one of the slowest players in our squad and has slowly become one of the worst finishers we have.
KDB is everything I hoped Ox would be. My hopes have shifted to Toral.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Did anyone notice Monreal's reaction when Alexis was about to take the penalty? He had his head in his hands and walked away from goal lol. He knew he was going to miss. Maybe someone could post a clip.

Yeah I saw that as well....Nacho turned his back!
Alexis is the first Arsenal player to take 2 penalties in the PL and miss both. I can bet he will not take one anytime soon. lol

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah I saw that as well....Nacho turned his back!
Alexis is the first Arsenal player to take 2 penalties in the PL and miss both. I can bet he will not take one anytime soon. lol
Looked like Nacho couldn't take the pressure! I will bet any man Alexis will take one again soon, maybe not the next one but we seem to get a lot of penalties, so soon. He will want to set the record straight and if Cazorla is not around he'll put it all on the line again. Its obvious, judging from his character.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We could only dream that Ramsey would be the nearest to KDB... These two are not on the same planet let alone the same postal/ zip code...:drool:
Totally different type of players.
Both attacking midfielders, both have huge engines and cover large distances to receive the ball, both can see a clever pass, both good crossers of the ball. Both like to get into the box on counter attacks. Ramsey's crossing in the Euros was superb and better than for Arsenal recently.
Differences: De Bruyne is faster and can get go past defenders more easily, makes far fewer mistakes (Ramsey's biggest problem- sloppy passes, giving the ball away in sometimes crucial areas). Ramsey is a better tackler.

N

NotAUserName

Both attacking midfielders, both have huge engines and cover large distances to receive the ball, both can see a clever pass, both good crossers of the ball. Both like to get into the box on counter attacks. Ramsey's crossing in the Euros was superb and better than for Arsenal recently.
Differences: De Bruyne is faster and can get go past defenders more easily, makes far fewer mistakes (Ramsey's biggest problem- sloppy passes, giving the ball away in sometimes crucial areas). Ramsey is a better tackler.
Ramsey is a box-to-box midfielder.

carlito'sway

Established Member

First and major difference, KDB is miles ahead of Ramsey technically. His first touch his class. The sloppy Ramsey passes you mentioned are the result of an average technique and that is part of what makes Ramsey a liability in MF.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

First and major difference, KDB is miles ahead of Ramsey technically. His first touch his class. The sloppy Ramsey passes you mentioned are the result of an average technique and that is part of what makes Ramsey a liability in MF.
Nailed it. But Ramsey has had some spells though, where his confidence is very high and his first touch has been good. What about this for a first touch.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
@Makingtrax anf Carlito-Ramsey is capable of a moment of brilliance. It's the slow tracking back when we're countered after he's lost possession,killing counters by dwelling on the ball, inability to control himself or the ball, stupid flicks to the opposition that cost us more than any wonder goal gives us. Our quick play vs Hull would've been killed by Ramsey.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey and De Bruyne are completely different players, irrespective of quality.

Unless you're talking about Ramsey in his new attacking role, even then it's still a bit of a stretch.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Should be comparing De Bruyne to Özil, as them City fans keep doing. They seem completely convinced he's the best no.10 in the league, hard to argue seeing the way he's performed since coming to England..

skip spence

A few thoughts reflecting on the match...

That was actually a very good team performance. Although quite a few players didn't impress much individually (Özil and Bellerin didn't have the best of games attacking fex) Hull couldn't touch us even with eleven men. Haven't seen us with this amount of control of a game since I don't know when (despite the unnecessary penalty conceded). I expect Hull to strugglethis year though,

Coq and Santi play well together. I'm not Coq's greatest fan (his final third play is often cringe-worthy) but these two balance each other out well. Santi was fantastic in possession, his passing, ball control, composure and creativity is beautiful to watch, but out of possession he's a liability and that's when Coq becomes useful. And as I remember it, when these two played together in the early mid-part of last season we looked like genuine contenders.

Still not convinced of Alexis as a striker but as long as Theo and Iwobi play as they did yesterday from the wings and Alexis gets a brace one can't really complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom