• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Sunderland vs Arsenal | 29/10/16 | 12:30 K/O (GMT) | Sky Sports 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

We can be very frustrating because even when we are creating chances with a lot of good finishers in the team we tend to struggle to put the ball in the net.

Giroud

Established Member
I don't know but was not impressed by Ox. His good cross to Alexis apart, he managed to squander a couple of pretty decent chances, more than once when for goal when he could have gone for a better pass option. Finally his effort and attitude at the start of the penalty play did it to me, that was unacceptable to be so lackadaisical at this level.

Ox did ok I thought. When he cut in from the side he may have shot from a poor area but he really didn't have any options for a pass in fairness. He rushed the chance when Özil played him in. The positives are he seems to be getting in better positions than he did in the past but Walcott is still far superior in that department.

You compare him to Iwobi though and he's very lacking in other areas. The way Iwobi links up with his teammates and the way he slips inbetween the lines always makes him dangerous. He's always involved, got the vision to find a teammate in a dangerous areas and also has that pace and dribbling ability. Ox lacks a few of those key skills and needs to keep developing that ability to get in good areas off the ball. I'm sure it will come but he's got a long way to go to take Iwobi's place in the line up as some around here have been suggesting.

Giroud

Established Member
We can be very frustrating because even when we are creating chances with a lot of good finishers in the team we tend to struggle to put the ball in the net.

23 goals in 10 games is pretty good? Our finishing has been much better this season. I don't think you can really expect us to score many more given the chances we have created. Remember we created very little against Burnley and Middlesborough.

skip spence

Ratings:

Cech 6 Solid but could have done better preventing the penalty

Gibbs 7 Getting nice crosses in and almost scored. Monreal must be worried
Mustafi 6 Good on the ball. Mistake costing a goal
Koscielny 7
Bellerin 7

Elnenny 7 Good game
Coquelin 6 Shouldn't play these kind of games since he can't attack

Iwobi 5 Poor game, confidence looks shot in front of goal. Time to sit out a few games?
Özil 7 Making great runs but couldve been more clinical
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6 Great 1st half, wasteful and disappointing 2nd

Alexis 9 Always a menace, MoM

Special mention to Giroud of course. Should have a good claim to reclaim his CF pos with Sanchez slotting into LW.

23 goals in 10 games is pretty good? Our finishing has been much better this season. I don't think you can really expect us to score many more given the chances we have created. Remember we created very little against Burnley and Middlesborough.

Yeah it is very good. I'm just talking about we create so many clear cut chances which we tend to mess up.

Giroud

Established Member
Can't say it was overall a great performance, only the last 20 minutes we showed up to finish Sunderland. Before that, we were just toying and we made us very difficult at the end (just like against Swansea).

And btw, Iwobi should be benched as Walcott and Ox are just playing better at the moment. What I don't like about Iwobi is that he never runs between the lines. He always wants the ball to his feet slowing our game. Against open teams, that's not a problem but against defensive teams, he's totally not effective.

I thought we were very good. Created a load of chances and Sunderland created nothing except for the penalty. Honestly what are people expecting? 7-0 thrashings every week?

Iwobi always runs between the lines. He's always collecting the ball in dangerous areas between the midfield and defence in the opposition's defensive third. And he always recycles the ball quickly making several links with teammates through his passing. So I'm not sure quite what you are getting at.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Its nice to see that there goals coming from multiple players this season, rather then just from one or two players. Didn't have Theo today, so Sanchez and Giroud get a brace each or the Özil hatrick the other week in the ECL etc. Its nice that we're not dependant on anyone to be dragging the team kicking and screaming through a match.

I though Ox did ok today, nothing to be major annoyed about but not a MotM performance either. But its a start, and damn far better then most of his performances from the last +12 months.

4-1 is the scoreline we should have expected against this Sunderland, perhaps not with the 'meh' performance for the opening 15mins of the 2nd half but their penalty woke us up, thankfully.

quattro

if we had gotten the penalty the score might have stayed 2-0. the response to the penalty was massive. we can if we really wanted to.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Not trying to toot the Arsenal horn or anything, but 4 goals is the most Sunderland has conceded this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom