• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Swansea City (H) v Arsenal (A) | 14/1/17 15:00 GMT

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I cannot get my head around why Lucas is not starting he has been in some good form, every time he makes an appearance in a Arsenal shirt he looks good...just boils down to wenger picking his favourites and not his most form players!

No, it's because Wenger understands football and you don't, so stop posting the cretinous "Wenger picks his favourites" line.

Jm89

Naah, Lucas deserves more minutes, I agree. But who is he going to play for? Özil and Alexis are untouchable, Giroud is in even better form than Lucas. He could play instead of Iwobi, but with Ramsey in midfield, you need a bit more control and passing and Iwobi brings that, more than Lucas.

For me he's more off a threat then iwobi, Lucas movement is phenomenal,he's also more of a goal threat then iwobi/ox/Theo... I think you need to give him a little bit more credit and look at how many chances he creates he's a very intelligent player and could quite easily do what you've said above ....would of been an ideal games to give him a start in my mind!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

For me he's more off a threat then iwobi, Lucas movement is phenomenal,he's also more of a goal threat then iwobi/ox/Theo... I think you need to give him a little bit more credit and look at how many chances he creates he's a very intelligent player and could quite easily do what you've said above ....would of been an ideal games to give him a start in my mind!
Lucas is more of a threat, I just think him instead of Iwobi with Ramsey in midfield is a bit of an overkill. Score early and you could have a blowout, find yourself having to make the game we would struggle.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We're pretty good away at Swansea, it's at home where we struggle.
Love the team as well.. so feeling pretty good! We can't have another awful away performance surely?

Right? Right??

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously need to start well here you can't always survive by starting slow and conceding early specially away.

Jm89

No, it's because Wenger understands football and you don't, so stop posting the cretinous "Wenger picks his favourites" line.

Of course I don't mate never played I've at a high leval or have coaching badges, I bet you are the type of fan who wants wenger to sign another contract and lead us to another fourth place finish!

Lucas recent form has outshone a majority of our wide options of late bar Sanchez and deserves a start very simple logic behind it!

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I predicted that wenger will shoehorn in Ramsey and also keep Giroud up top well after his form inevitably goes to shot again, it will cost us and come the end of march our season will have unraveled (even more) and he will switch things back to the October winning formula to achieve the top 4.

It's inevitable.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
@Jm89

He has done fine, however Iwobi is miles better integrared in the team, and has ball retention skills way above Lucas' level.

Giroud, Alexis and Ramsey turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate - if we put another guy like them in Lucas, how the hell are we going to keep the ball?

Iwobi is playing for security purposes. If you understood football you would comprehend that, and not throw the usual bullshit like Wenger playing his favourites.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Another line up where every player in the attack wants the ball to feet. Going to be a lot of pointless bullshit possession, looking clueless as usual.

Can't wait for Theo to get back.

razörist

@Jm89

He has done fine, however Iwobi is miles better integrared in the team, and has ball retention skills way above Lucas' level.

Giroud, Alexis and Ramsey turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate - if we put another guy like them in Lucas, how the hell are we going to keep the ball?

Iwobi is playing for security purposes. If you understood football you would comprehend that, and not throw the usual bullshit like Wenger playing his favourites.
This is what I was trying to say, thank you for explaining it so eloquently, English is my third language.

razörist

I predicted that wenger will shoehorn in Ramsey and also keep Giroud up top well after his form inevitably goes to shot again, it will cost us and come the end of march our season will have unraveled (even more) and he will switch things back to the October winning formula to achieve the top 4.

It's inevitable.
Just try to block it out and enjoy the present mate. We all know how this story ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom