• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Bundesliga is basically run for Bayern, look at how they apparently paid the Gnabry fee for Werder, if he comes good then he's theirs for a packet of crisp.

Its a little painful seeing how well Gnabry is doing and we're stuck with decent but not exciting options.

Very strange how we let him go, Id have thought Wenger would've moved heaven and earth to keep him, he clearly believed in his talent, but that's the past now.

^^Well honestly, I remember when Potch was at Southampton and honestly I would've taken the risk with him at the time, if I recall right Gdeep has always been a big fan too, for good reason.

His teams are organised and the players have a defined system, ie. their pressing.

It's one of the downfalls of Wenger's team, there is no defined system, so Im always worried against the big teams as there is always the chance our disorganisation will be wickedly exposed.

I need not add anymore really. Wenger's record of staying the the champions league is good especially considering our position between 2006-2013. But he is truly past it at this club.

I honestly think it would do us both good if he moved on, he could easily go and manage a club such as psg, it will be a new experience, but its just not working here anymore.

That said the board worry me more, they are a parasite, I really want Kroenke to feck off, but unfortunately unless he dies tomorrow, I can't really see him and his holding relenting their position.

Preacher

Always Crying
The problem with Wenger is that he provides the same kind of success, the same kind of failings, the same mid-range elite product every year. There is an agony of repetition here, a painfully narrowing intimacy, like a middle-aged divorce petition on grounds of repeated failure to load the dishwasher correctly or pick those dirty socks up off the floor.

:lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
If everything will go according to plan... yeah right.
22Master-Plan22-Dr-Evil.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You know those annual AGM's...have the fans ever asked the board what their ambitions are?

Quite a basic question but also hugely important.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The second half of this season has made it pretty obvious that Wenger needs to leave at the end of the season. Anything else would set the club even further back. I've always wanted Wenger to go out on a high, but that looks impossible now.

I've been a Wenger supporter for a while, but this season has to be the end of the line. In previous, season's Wenger has juggled issues that most elite coaches never get involved in and accordingly this has required a level of patience to allow for everything to fall into place.

Wenger oversaw the building of the Emirates, youth player development, and kept us competitive without the financial strength of our competitors. Essentially, we needed to see through the Emirates to help us be able to buy the players we need to compete at the top, and we need our youth system to produce quality players for the first team. These combined factors would allow Wenger to build a team that can truly compete at the highest level, and all of that came together this season. And this is why our utter collapse has been so devastating.

Iwobi and Bellerin are youth team products who are regular starters, and Alexis and Özil are world class. Our squad has depth and quality in all of our positions with a perfect mix of experienced players, youth teamers, and established players in the prime of their careers. On paper, I think we have the best team in the league, but we look like garbage and that is all down to Wenger.

Personally, I think the Everton match was the beginning of us going down hill, and I although it is unfair to single out individual players for our collapse, I think Gabriel and Giroud are our weakest links and have precipitated this decline.

The Everton loss, honestly, is just one of those defeats that happen during a season, but the response to the defeat was awful. As a club, I think Wenger felt that the return of injured players would solve the problems that emerged in that match. Our defense looks less steady when Gabriel plays, so Mustafi's return would "fix" the problems exposed in the Everton match.

Yet it has taken Mustafi about a month to get back up to par prior to his injury, so this problem was never "fixed."

Other coaches show a great propensity for tactical fluidity and players who can play in more than one position. Pep is the greatest example, but Allegri and Conte do it too. These guys have a Plan A, Plan B, and even a Plan C for each match.

Wenger just tries to have a perfect Plan A that everyone can play, but this clearly won't work if your bench isn't up to par.

Gabriel ruins our Plan A because he isn't that good.

After Everton and Man City losses we got back on track and won against sub par teams, and Giroud had his annual purple patch where he looks unstoppable so long as our entire attack is based around him. His streak never lasts a season because WC defenders can stop him and now our attack is completely useless.

Also, Giroud's style means that his body gets banged around a lot, and eventually there will be a match where he can't be physically dominant. The Watford loss demonstrated this issue with Giroud, and it's been further downhill since then.

Chelsea out coached us, and so did Bayern, but Bayern also showed the fragility of Wenger's Plan A strategy. We matched Bayern in the first half, but Kos' injury and Gabriel's introduction killed us. Based on performances I'm baffled how Holding hasn't been given more of a chance. Everytime he plays he looks better than Gabriel and he has better technique, so he could easily slot in at RB too.

In the second match, Kos' red card killed that game, but roughly five minutes before that moment Giroud missed a wide open header that would have made it 2-0. In the first half Giroud had fewer touches than Ospina. Wenger's Plan A was to start Welbeck, and when that didn't work he didn't have a Plan B, and just through Giroud in instead. Lucas has shown so much quality and is a much more similar player to Welbeck, so I don't understand why Lucas didn't start instead.

Insufficient tactics and player selection have ruined this season, and that falls solely on Wenger. Our squad is too good to be playing this poorly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arsène Wenger doesn't care what the fans think. This is really really sad. He's told a huge lie there.

The atmosphere in the stadium has gone from crap to zero to toxic, and fans are staging demonstrations. He said years ago, among other things he hasn't been true to, that he'd go when he thought the fans have had enough. They clearly have already, and it will get worse. Not bad enough for him to listen though. So very sad.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The second half of this season has made it pretty obvious that Wenger needs to leave at the end of the season. Anything else would set the club even further back. I've always wanted Wenger to go out on a high, but that looks impossible now.

I've been a Wenger supporter for a while, but this season has to be the end of the line. In previous, season's Wenger has juggled issues that most elite coaches never get involved in and accordingly this has required a level of patience to allow for everything to fall into place.

Wenger oversaw the building of the Emirates, youth player development, and kept us competitive without the financial strength of our competitors. Essentially, we needed to see through the Emirates to help us be able to buy the players we need to compete at the top, and we need our youth system to produce quality players for the first team. These combined factors would allow Wenger to build a team that can truly compete at the highest level, and all of that came together this season. And this is why our utter collapse has been so devastating.

Iwobi and Bellerin are youth team products who are regular starters, and Alexis and Özil are world class. Our squad has depth and quality in all of our positions with a perfect mix of experienced players, youth teamers, and established players in the prime of their careers. On paper, I think we have the best team in the league, but we look like garbage and that is all down to Wenger.

Personally, I think the Everton match was the beginning of us going down hill, and I although it is unfair to single out individual players for our collapse, I think Gabriel and Giroud are our weakest links and have precipitated this decline.

The Everton loss, honestly, is just one of those defeats that happen during a season, but the response to the defeat was awful. As a club, I think Wenger felt that the return of injured players would solve the problems that emerged in that match. Our defense looks less steady when Gabriel plays, so Mustafi's return would "fix" the problems exposed in the Everton match.

Yet it has taken Mustafi about a month to get back up to par prior to his injury, so this problem was never "fixed."

Other coaches show a great propensity for tactical fluidity and players who can play in more than one position. Pep is the greatest example, but Allegri and Conte do it too. These guys have a Plan A, Plan B, and even a Plan C for each match.

Wenger just tries to have a perfect Plan A that everyone can play, but this clearly won't work if your bench isn't up to par.

Gabriel ruins our Plan A because he isn't that good.

After Everton and Man City losses we got back on track and won against sub par teams, and Giroud had his annual purple patch where he looks unstoppable so long as our entire attack is based around him. His streak never lasts a season because WC defenders can stop him and now our attack is completely useless.

Also, Giroud's style means that his body gets banged around a lot, and eventually there will be a match where he can't be physically dominant. The Watford loss demonstrated this issue with Giroud, and it's been further downhill since then.

Chelsea out coached us, and so did Bayern, but Bayern also showed the fragility of Wenger's Plan A strategy. We matched Bayern in the first half, but Kos' injury and Gabriel's introduction killed us. Based on performances I'm baffled how Holding hasn't been given more of a chance. Everytime he plays he looks better than Gabriel and he has better technique, so he could easily slot in at RB too.

In the second match, Kos' red card killed that game, but roughly five minutes before that moment Giroud missed a wide open header that would have made it 2-0. In the first half Giroud had fewer touches than Ospina. Wenger's Plan A was to start Welbeck, and when that didn't work he didn't have a Plan B, and just through Giroud in instead. Lucas has shown so much quality and is a much more similar player to Welbeck, so I don't understand why Lucas didn't start instead.

Insufficient tactics and player selection have ruined this season, and that falls solely on Wenger. Our squad is too good to be playing this poorly.

WoW rosetinted glases award goes to...

Giroud is nowhere near as good as other big target men types, doesn't have the skill, speed or scoring ability.
he is not even that big and strong

Walcott has had a good season by his standards, scored and shown some of his former pace but he contributes way too little to our overall game

Iwobi does have some skills and potential but can't seem to hit the net, should not be a starter

We don't have a clearcut starting XI, our cms have not performed even enough to establish any sort of given pairing

me I think Xhaka and Ramsey are our best but neither have had a stellar season

Coq has slipped
El Neny is bland and meh

Cazorla doesn't have the legs anymore
that he and Mert got new contracts is just bad business

We are short quality in atleast 2 positions (LB and winger/striker to really field a side that is competitive with the big sides here and abroad.

Monreal and Gibbs are so far below what we truly need.

Gabriel is not good enough
Debofuckingwho?

Lucas we can't even judge because he doesn't get to play, he is useful thou but hardly sets the world alight.
neither does welbeck, and welbecks injury record makes him suspect in my eyes for the future, good squadplayers

say yes

forum master baiter
I think part of the hateful backlash against Wenger is that if no one really goes over the top on it he's gonna act business as usual. He needs to hear it to get a grip. The dude has way too much power.

The sad thing about the backlash is that 90% of our fans still love Wenger, but the board will never sack him and have said as much.

If fans think he's past it then their only real option is to try and force him out of the club, which isn't something you can do gently and makes for unpleasant viewing for everyone.

Our board are the most spineless ****s at the club, and that's saying something.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If he stays we will slip further behind, its sad he doesnt need to go out like this. But this is our chance at a clean break, the club must put the club first over the manager.

Preacher

Always Crying
You know those annual AGM's...have the fans ever asked the board what their ambitions are?

Quite a basic question but also hugely important.
They asked this in 2015:
Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick was heckled at the Gunners’ AGM after a performance many felt was patronising.

Keswick was accused of avoiding certain questions while simply refusing to answer others.

Those present at the AGM also claimed some of his answers were patronising and rude. The 75-year-old accused one fan of “ageism”.

When asked what it would take to win the Premier League he responded: “[To] get more points than anyone else.”

When asked about Arsenal ‘s “embarrassing” Champions League form he replied: ”I’m not answering that, it’s just noise.”

Or this incident:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/15/arsenal-chairman-agm-fans-demand-answers-payment

You won't get straight answers. Sir Chips usually tries to shot down every unpleasant question.

All that was in 2015, when our results were bad at the start of the season. Last AGM meeting in 2016 had more upbeat mood, because we were in good form at that moment bar Liverpool defeat and a large part of the event was centered on Wenger's 20 years anniversary:
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/10/arsenal-agm-2016-report/

em9999

My rainbows
Football matches ain't decided by 22 players on a pitch

It's decided by the man in black

May as well just ask him to decide the winner before kick off and call it quits

em9999

My rainbows
My heart beats 10 2 the dozen arsenal..

But I'm tired of it all, tired of Wenger tired of the protest, tired of players being pussies, tired of football

I'm retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom