• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Amazing how people can see the same things so differently. :lol:

I've been thinking it's us with the thin quad. They had virtually no injuries last year and we had on average of 5 a week out, sometimes as high as 8 missing.

And this year during our recent tough patch we've had 4 midfielders missing (Wilshere, Elneny, Santi and Ramsey), sometimes 5 with Xhaka suspensions. And with Coq out of form it's like there's been nothing connecting the backs and forwards.

Still 'injuries aren't an excuse ffs'. :lol:
Injuries are an excuse to an extent.I've always admonished Wenger for his reliance/faith in injury prone players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Question: if PSG sacks Unai Emery what do you guys think of him as the next Arsenal manager? I know that he bottled it big time against Barca, but I think people are not giving him credit for steadying PSG at a time when they have lost key players.

Impact

Established Member
Raised Emery as an option prior to his appointment at Paris. Done a good job at every club where he has been given time to build. Wins things too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Pochettino has gotten more out of his squad since the beginning of last season but he's a little overrated. His teams always fall off in the last 10 games of the season and hasn't come close to winning a trophy. Been outdone by European managers in the CL/Europa as well.

mm76

Yer Da
His teams always fall off in the last 10 games of the season and hasn't come close to winning a trophy.

well let's see what happens this season - after the disgrace of their finish last season, surely even spuds might have the drive to finish second and maybe win the FAC, but if they fall off again, then that will be an even bigger fail and you can criticise Puppetino all you want

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
well let's see what happens this season - after the disgrace of their finish last season, surely even spuds might have the drive to finish second and maybe win the FAC, but if they fall off again, then that will be an even bigger fail and you can criticise Puppetino all you want
Posted this before, but the drop off in the last 10 matches goes back to Poch's first season as a coach:
10/11: 1 win in 10
11:12: 1 win in 10
12/13: 3 wins in 10
13/14: 5 wins in 10
14/15: 4 wins in 10
15/16: 4 wins in 10

You're right, they might buck the trend this season but history suggests his playing style catches up with his teams come April/May.

blaise

So looking to the future I d say club made big mistakes with Sanchez and Özil contracts, we should have sold them last summer and reinvested the money. Now when we ****ed with Sanchez his price will go down a lot. I was pretty sure he had arrangement with somebody for some time, I thought City at first, but its probably abroad and I d say it is Juve, and knowing Juve we wont get Allegri and certain player/s he would bring with him unless we give them Sanchez on cheap. It is how they operate, 100% they tapped him and if we really want Max and we cant get a bidding war going which becomes unlikely lately with Alexis behaviour think we ll have to cave in to Juve.

Which at the end could become good move. This club needs major shake-up, new manager, getting rid of some of the untouchables, othervise it will always be an endless day. Changing just Reus for Sanchez wont change anything, we ll always be too little too late. We need to risk it, staying in a place is not an option if you want to win things.

And as much as it sounds crazy I think some of the players that most of the people wants to get rid including me could actually benefit a lot from Allegri, Ramsey first, same as I think Conte and Mourinho would make him first team player and important, Allegri could do that also.

After manager our glaring needs are LB and CM strong on the ball and tactically astute, we need at least one CM and wait for Allegri to squeeze something from the ones we have.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

For me the saddest thing is I remember that 2013/14 season those first six months I thought "we're back".

We'd just signed Özil, and we were absolutely red hot and we were actually exciting to watch. Scored some absolute beauties.

Even though we collapsed in the league I thought it was the start of a new era but in the three years since it's just all gone so wrong.

I look at the squad now and just think, how have we gotten here?

Was such a false dawn. I bought into it too. But once again the football world has moved past wenger and arsenal.

Eboue1

I want wenger to go but my brain tells me he is going nowhere i'm really believing that, he will not go....i become sad when i face this reality my fellow fans

i'm being honest with myself i think he will stay probably because
  • he has nothing else to do in life except football and as he said he is not prepared to retire at least next 4 years he will think of it...i'm also cannot see him managing another club apart from arsenal
  • The board are desperate for him to remain at least another two years (i think they have no clue what to do) as for wenger is Albert Einstein in arsenal board's eyes, they cannot imagine how they will move forward without him
  • Wenger thinks he has got something to fix this humiliations and move to the next level as he said last week, he sees things in very different ways and he thinks he can fix them
may be i'm wrong but I genuinely think wenger will stay another two years and we will suffer and suffer as usual

VERY SAD BUT WHAT CAN WE DO

GDeep™

League is very weak
Potch is doing a good job, wouldn't say he's over achieving though. Not like he's winning trophies or anything, just putting up a good battle to get top 4.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Pochettino has gotten more out of his squad since the beginning of last season but he's a little overrated. His teams always fall off in the last 10 games of the season and hasn't come close to winning a trophy. Been outdone by European managers in the CL/Europa as well.

He got to the EFL Cup final against Chelski, soundly beaten though.

I think he's a quality gaffer who is getting the best out of a group of players who aren't particularly special. As good as Kane and Alli are, they aren't world beaters (yet) and Pochettino keeps them competing at a high level. He's still improving as a manager, if Spuds are to progress with this new stadium, they need him at the helm.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He got to the EFL Cup final against Chelski, soundly beaten though.

I think he's a quality gaffer who is getting the best out of a group of players who aren't particularly special. As good as Kane and Alli are, they aren't world beaters (yet) and Pochettino keeps them competing at a high level. He's still improving as a manager, if Spuds are to progress with this new stadium, they need him at the helm.

Kane and Alli may not be world beaters but they are elite in domestic football. One guarantees 25-30 goals, the other 25 goals and assists.

Sp**s should be doing as well as they are with those two.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Kane and Alli may not be world beaters but they are elite in domestic football. One guarantees 25-30 goals, the other 25 goals and assists.

Sp**s should be doing as well as they are with those two.

I'd probably agree, I thought I'd point out they're not world beaters because some people use Pochettino's record in Europe to criticise him.

Just look at Barca last night, world class players can win you games at any time. The fact that Spuds do so well with no real worldies is testament to Pochettino's management.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't wait for Wenger to leave just so DT can **** off back to where he came from.

Robbie made a good point, Arsène takes all the flak and nobody from the club steps in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'd probably agree, I thought I'd point out they're not world beaters because some people use Pochettino's record in Europe to criticise him.

Just look at Barca last night, world class players can win you games at any time. The fact that Spuds do so well with no real worldies is testament to Pochettino's management.

They have a great GK, top class CB partnership, two of the best full backs in England, guys like Dembele in CM, Alli and a goal machine in Kane.

They may not have a Sanchez level, but they have a few who aren't too far below.

I think he's doing par for the talent he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom