• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Naby Keita

Preacher

Always Crying
Style of play and strengths:
Though the 22-year-old has often been deployed as a defensive midfielder throughout his career thus far, it is actually in the central midfield role that the player has showcased his true potential. He efficiently stitched up play between the defence and attack while continuing to be a destructive presence for the opposition in midfield.

The diminutive Guinean international’s biggest strengths are his abilities on the ball. He is calm and collected in possession as well as with his passing, efficiently links up the play between the defence and attack and has the ability to carry his team forward in attack with his enforcing presence at the heart of his side’s midfield.

An athletic and relentless midfielder, Keita is not afraid to get into a scrap and is always willing to put his body on the line for the cause of his side.

While he might not be very successful in winning tackles and interceptions, he ensures that his presence is felt by the opposition constantly by robbing them of time and space to operate in. To complement his athleticism, Keita also possesses great vision and understanding of the game; it comes as no surprise that he has raked in an average of 3 interceptions per 90 minutes during his time in the Bundesliga in the current season.

However, it is his maturity as a player that has truly impressed pundits. During his time at Salzburg, the midfielder was often caught making rash decisions, a flaw in his game that he has effectively weeded out over the course of the last few months.

Another aspect of his game that has garnered the requisite attention is his contribution to his side’s attack. He creates chances frequently and has conjured up a goal scoring opportunity for his teammates every 45 minutes during his time on the pitch in the Bundesliga.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's probably the absolute perfect midfielder for us and the perfect partner for Xhaka. Would be a top addition, he's excellent defensively but can also carry the ball and is superb technically with a great engine on him.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Keita? :lol: You're having a laugh. May I remind ya'll, Wenger gave Coquelin an extention a few months ago.

Wenger said:
We are very pleased that three important members of our team have committed to us for the long term. Francis has made tremendous technical strides over the past few years because he’s so focused every day,

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-francis-couelin-laurent-koscielny-contracts

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This guy is a unique midfielder. Can't really describe him.

He's a bit like Kante, very athletic and small. What he lacks in Kante's ball-winning ability (although he is still a very well rounded CM) is made up for with his playmaking, technical and dribbling ability. He's also shown signs of being able to control a game while sitting in the midfield.

Kante meets number 10 I guess but you have to watch him really.

Preacher

Always Crying
Recently he had serious health scare:
Looks like everything is ok now.

I'm a fan. He's in my wishlist. He's the player, our midfield lacks.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Bayern are competing with us for this signing we are in losing side even if we offer him starting place he'll go to Bayern.

BobP

Memri Fan
Didn't know anything of him until this season tbh but I cant stop watching his highlights etc and am obsessed. Looks like he'd be exactly what we're missing. How much do you think he'd cost assuming they'd sell?

VancouverCanuck

The highlight reel does not show any defensive aspect of his game.

He is too short anyway. Doubt he can hack in on a cold, rainy night in Stoke.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom