• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since when did it become okay to have a lack of players able to compete in the air?
It's part of the reason we lose the midfield and also why we struggle to win second balls. It's funny how we don't think it's important to work on set plays or even defend them. We are so pompous in our approach that we believe we are above it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can't help but think that the two goals that we shipped from corners was something of a miss match when it comes down to stopping the runner,on both occasions Dawson,ask yourselves why the hell was Ramsey responsible for stopping him?Im not 100% but he's not actually known for his airial prowess is he?
Why was our two CD at the near post?Why doesn't Ospina or Cech for that matter come off their line to claim the ball they're legally allowed to use their hands?
I'm not protecting Ramsey just pointing out that I always thought defenders were supposed to defend first then your big guys not waif like midfielders who don't do headers!
You are right mate, certainly one of Kostafi or even Welbeck should have been marking him before Ramsey. Having said that, if you're the team taking the corner then you don't exactly go in search of the CBs who are most capable of marking you. You try to find the space where they aren't. So yes, while a man to man marking setup probably makes it so that Ramsey is not the responsible one verus the zonal marking we employ the fact is that if you've got any pride or competitive nature whatsoever then you at least put a body on him. In basketball players are forced to switch defensive assignments all the time. You see guys a foot shorter and several stone lighter forced into defending the larger players on the court. They don't just give up and let them get to the basket. They dig their heels in and foul them if necessary. I'd rather he conceded a penalty because the lad was just too much physically than the pathetic matador job he did. At least care. Give a damn. If Ramsey pulled what he pulled in a pub league match you'd want his head. I cannot believe that any professional lacks the basic pride to want to compete for a header. Ramsey is probably 4-5 inches taller than Alexis for example and Alexis challenges for every header and actually wins a lot through sheer will. That's what I expect from professionals. Effort. The guy likes the money and the photo shoots but doesn't care about the game. He's basically his idol Beckham with 2 left feet and no heart.

Giroud

Established Member
I still think Ramsey is a really useful player but the more and more you look at his 2013/14 season you begin to realise everything must have just came together perfectly.

His goal conversion rate was 20% that season but just 6% in all his other years here. He's not a good finisher but over a small sample of shots that year he managed to score lots. So he's probably never going to hit those sorts of attacking numbers again because his finishing ability is just not good.

I still like his overall game though as he's a good passer that can tackle and run all day. I would like him to be reverted to that deep midfield role he player in 2012/13 and I reckon he could do a very good job there.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I still like his overall game though as he's a good passer that can tackle and run all day. I would like him to be reverted to that deep midfield role he player in 2012/13 and I reckon he could do a very good job there.
Agree with your post but both he and Wenger seem to have given up on him playing in that role.

When judging him in the role he does play he's just not good enough. 100k a week for a player who's has a handful of decent games a season.

To put that into perspective Kante is on 110k a week, was only signed last summer so his wages can't be seen as outdated and is making a serious case to be the first non-attacking player to win the PFA player of the year awards.

Hunter Zolomon

If a player is so stupid that he doesn't know to keep his body between the danger man and the goal when he's the one marking him then there's not much to be done by the manager. The only fault with Wenger regarding Ramsey is continuing to play him but the lad is quite clearly a *****. One of the most dangerous headers of the ball in the league and he not only decides not to stay in front of him but to begin by giving him enough space to build up a full head of steam before gifting him the header. Imagine if he were smart enough to put his body on him before the ball was kicked thus minimizing his momentum like literally every player with a brain does when defending the danger man on a corner.
to be fair we do use a zonal marking system.

Hunter Zolomon

If the more talented Wilshere isn't integral to Bournemouth then Ramsey has no chance lol.
bournmouth have a system that works better without wilshere and they are making the right choice to not force wilshere into the team to the detriment of their performance. Kind of how Özil has been forced into the side despite games he should started from the bench.

Enfield

Established Member
Wathing Ramsey play for Wales this Friday night will tell us a lot.

He had an outstanding Euro campaign last summer when he was given a free role. If we play him next to Xhaka I don't see why he can't be given the same role. Roll up your sleeves Aaron or hit the bricks kid

Hunter Zolomon

Wathing Ramsey play for Wales this Friday night will tell us a lot.

He had an outstanding Euro campaign last summer when he was given a free role. If we play him next to Xhaka I don't see why he can't be given the same role. Roll up your sleeves Aaron or hit the bricks kid
but he didnt play next to the other cm for wales, he played further up the pitch. You cat have a free role in a 2 man midfield.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm a massive Ramsey fan but if change is coming then he has to be one of those changes. His replacement should be sourced from within the league. We should look at someone who has the qualities he has and is performing well and bring that person in.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm a massive Ramsey fan but if change is coming then he has to be one of those changes. His replacement should be sourced from within the league. We should look at someone who has the qualities he has and is performing well and bring that person in.

If the contract situation is resolved can only see it being Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom