• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Xhaka and Mustafi are criticized all the time. Wilshere divides opinion. Rosicky was anything but mediocre and Mertesacker, Walcott and Flamini are regularly savaged. I know that you're new here but it does pay to actually know what you're talking about before you jump in and look foolish. There's no way that anybody could read these boards for more than a few minutes and come away thinking the players you mentioned get a pass.
Indeed Rosicky , RVP and Arteta were the main reasons we finished 3rd after Fab and Nasri left the season before.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
The Ramsey debate, is at this point, getting boring and repetitive. Good guy, benefited of a great capital of sympathy and rightly so after what we all know, had a very good season but overall average to mediocre footballer. One has to be wearing some heavily tainted glasses not to realize that.

Word.

Even putting aside all his faults - the questionable decision-making, Hollywood pass/backheel attempts, cluelessness in positioning, eagerness to rush ahead of the attackers as though being chased by a rottweiler, dazed and confused 'efforts' at defending - the guy has always lacked a basic attribute necessary for a good player: proper technique. When a player supposed to be entering his prime is lacking in fundamentals, what is the point in treating him like a crucial player, trying to get him to be something he'll never be?

Hunter Zolomon

Word.

Even putting aside all his faults - the questionable decision-making, Hollywood pass/backheel attempts, cluelessness in positioning, eagerness to rush ahead of the attackers as though being chased by a rottweiler, dazed and confused 'efforts' at defending - the guy has always lacked a basic attribute necessary for a good player: proper technique. When a player supposed to be entering his prime is lacking in fundamentals, what is the point in trying to get him to be something he'll never be?
dont forget poor positioning. People laud him as a box to box midfielder but wales didnt even use him in that capacity, he is a defensive liability. The ox who has played mostly as a winger for us is better in the art of defence than ramsey the so called centre mid all action b2b player. Henderson is better than him, i dont care what anyone says. Henderson has been performing since he joined liverpool, he started of as a right mid in sunderland, then became a center mid in liverpool and now he is their captain and midfield stalwart. In all those years what the hell did ramsey do, plus henderson has better technique, i saw him whipping in great crosses for asamoah gyan during his sunderland days.

In all the time i have mentioned what has ramsey done, what improvements has he made in regards to his game. I remember frimpongs debut for arsenal and him squaring up to henderson, both looking like they where about to get into a fight (true derby).Frimpong has left and henderson remains a beast, good luck running past him in that liverpool midfield, he will chase you down and harry you to the ends of the earth. Then he will take the ball and run to the oppositions box and either try to score a worldie or give a nice pass to another player. That is what a true boxt to box player does, ramsey is not the footballer henderson is, yes i said it. Having one awesome season does not make you a good cm period, having an engine does not make you a good cm either, its what you do with it and ramsey i am afraid had potential to have been great but is past 26 now and has not improved, he needs to eff of and we need to buy athletic players full of endeavour and worry about "talent" last.

I am truly done with the snobbery that happens at this club, turning our noses up at the wanyamas and the hendersons and even the cahills. For what cause we think we are better than them, we rather have weak players that are nice and look pretty in photographs. Henderson was my favourite player when i was a kid and i watched him grow from a boy to a man, struggle to fill gerrards boot and finally make that step up and lead the team. Ramsey is a joke and a school boy, he and many players are cuddled and tucked with bed time stories by daddy arsenal. How is it ramsey has been in arsenal for so long and he is not our leader on the pitch. People might question wilshere ability but no one will question his determination on the pitch i would take one wilshere over 3 ramseys any day.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
dont forget poor positioning. People laud him as a box to box midfielder but wales didnt even use him in that capacity, he is a defensive liability. The ox who has played mostly as a winger for us is better in the art of defence than ramsey the so called centre mid all action b2b player. Henderson is better than him, i dont care what anyone says. Henderson has been performing since he joined liverpool, he started of as a right mid in sunderland, then became a center mid in liverpool and now he is their captain and midfield stalwart. In all those years what the hell did ramsey do, plus henderson has better technique, i saw him whipping in great crosses for asamoah gyan during his sunderland days.

In all the time i have mentioned what has ramsey done, what improvements has he made in regards to his game. I remember frimpongs debut for arsenal and him squaring up to henderson, both looking like they where about to get into a fight (true derby).Frimpong has left and henderson remains a beast, good luck running past him in that liverpool midfield, he will chase you down and harry you to the ends of the earth. Then he will take the ball and run to the oppositions box and either try to score a worldie or give a nice pass to another player. That is what a true boxt to box player does, ramsey is not the footballer henderson is, yes i said it. Having one awesome season does not make you a good cm period, having an engine does not make you a good cm either, its what you do with it and ramsey i am afraid had potential to have been great but is past 26 now and has not improved, he needs to eff of and we need to buy athletic players full of endeavour and worry about "talent" last.

I am truly done with the snobbery that happens at this club, turning our noses up at the wanyamas and the hendersons and even the cahills. For what cause we think we are better than them, we rather have weak players that are nice and look pretty in photographs. Henderson was my favourite player when i was a kid and i watched him grow from a boy to a man, struggle to fill gerrards boot and finally make that step up and lead the team. Ramsey is a joke and a school boy, he and many players are cuddled and tucked with bed time stories by daddy arsenal. How is it ramsey has been in arsenal for so long and he is not our leader on the pitch. People might question wilshere ability but no one will question his determination on the pitch i would take one wilshere over 3 ramseys any day.

I bet you're gonna get stick for the Henderson comments. ;)

I think players who have been well-drilled by managers with coherent game plans & systems would eventually struggle and see their efforts being undermined in the system we have. With the players left to their own devices to figure it out on the field, the Wanyamas/Hendersons will find themselves rushing back and forth having to do the job of two men while others around them are doing their headless chicken routine.

I guess my point is that irrespective of the quality of the personnel, the chaos will continue until fundamental issues concerning our tactics & structure, particularly in midfield, are addressed.

karl

Word.

Even putting aside all his faults - the questionable decision-making, Hollywood pass/backheel attempts, cluelessness in positioning, eagerness to rush ahead of the attackers as though being chased by a rottweiler, dazed and confused 'efforts' at defending - the guy has always lacked a basic attribute necessary for a good player: proper technique. When a player supposed to be entering his prime is lacking in fundamentals, what is the point in treating him like a crucial player, trying to get him to be something he'll never be?
Even worse is that he is coming up to 27 and still can't make a full season without injury. It may not be his fault after the Shawcross attack, but we need players that can get to best form by playing regularly. It has been a problem with this team for years now that we rely on a group of players that more than likely will never get a run of games.

Optimistic

I have to admit, I think I am more patient with Ramsey, and in fact the rest of the British core, because I'd really like to see them do well. I've given up hoping any of them will become world class but I still believe (perhaps naively) that they could be a part of a winning team.

I was so, so disappointed that Jenkinson couldn't even do a job as backup to Bellerin. But anyway, let's see how Ramsey plays for Wales this Friday. I hope he has a good game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But anyway, let's see how Ramsey plays for Wales this Friday. I hope he has a good game.
That is the problem though. He plays sensationally for Wales in a setup that suits him. Headless chicken in our setup. If we aren't going to change tactics get rid of this lad while we can still get 35 for him.

Impact

Established Member
I have to admit, I think I am more patient with Ramsey, and in fact the rest of the British core, because I'd really like to see them do well. I've given up hoping any of them will become world class but I still believe (perhaps naively) that they could be a part of a winning team.

I was so, so disappointed that Jenkinson couldn't even do a job as backup to Bellerin. But anyway, let's see how Ramsey plays for Wales this Friday. I hope he has a good game.

After Jenkinson scored an own goal on Arsenal debut, I knew he wouldn't make it here.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I laughed at this for an inappropriately long time. :lol:

Do you remember the Liverpool game last year at Anfield ? Ramsey and Theo pulling each other back in the box to going for the ball :lol:. At the the same time at least Ramsey keeps trying stuff , some of our squad just hand over responsibility when things are going crap.

karl

That is the problem though. He plays sensationally for Wales in a setup that suits him. Headless chicken in our setup.
It's worrying and something we saw with the likes of Podolski for Germany. Last night was a reminder of what he was capable of and Arsenal couldn't find a way to use that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Do you remember the Liverpool game last year at Anfield ? Ramsey and Theo pulling each other back in the box to going for the ball :lol:. At the the same time at least Ramsey keeps trying stuff , some of our squad just hand over responsibility when things are going crap.
That's why I like him. He misses a lot but he keeps going. Doesn't pass the buck. An admirable quality.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I bet you're gonna get stick for the Henderson comments. ;)

I think players who have been well-drilled by managers with coherent game plans & systems would eventually struggle and see their efforts being undermined in the system we have. With the players left to their own devices to figure it out on the field, the Wanyamas/Hendersons will find themselves rushing back and forth having to do the job of two men while others around them are doing their headless chicken routine.

I guess my point is that irrespective of the quality of the personnel, the chaos will continue until fundamental issues concerning our tactics & structure, particularly in midfield, are addressed.

Absolutely this. We could well be in the same position this summer as we were when we lost Nasri and Cesc. Only it's worse now because the league has about 5 or 6 managers who have surpassed Arsène whereas back then it was only Fergie and an occasional Chelsea manager.

As long as our fans continue to tiptoe around the issue and point the blame at the wrong things (players attitude, lack of individual quality etc) the more this will be to the detriment of our club.

I was so ****ing positive a few months ago because I thought we'd go for a high quality manager this summer and perhaps convince Alexis to stay.. but all the noises coming out of our club (and the players seeming like they want out) suggests to me that Wenger is staying.

To go back on topic, I rate Ramseys chances if he's in a system that suits his strengths and negates his weaknesses. I'm Irish and I wouldn't be surprised if he destroys us tomorrow night but it would be foolish to expect him to do it in our system.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He was **** in the middle of the pitch, but he did have one of the only decent attempts which was parried by their goalie. And both their goals were from set-pieces where they were blocking Cech/ospina out. Would still like to try Xhaka-Ramsey-Özil before ruling it out.
I'm Irish
Shouldn't you be O' Zillionaire in that case? You missed a trick there.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Chris Gunter has defended his Wales team-mate Aaron Ramsey following criticism from Arsenal fans.

Midfielder Ramsey has been jeered by Gunners supporters and singled out by disgruntled celebrity followers such as Piers Morgan during the club's recent poor form.

But Gunter, who was Ramsey's best man at his wedding, believes his friend will be unaffected by the vitriol.

"He is fine, it's not something that bothers him," said Gunter.

"He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, and the stuff wouldn't bother Aaron because you find out very quickly in football who to listen to.

"The only people you need to impress are your team-mates and your manager and everything else going around it, you take and it changes every week.

"Piers Morgan is not in football, is he?

"Anybody like that you have to separate, especially in this day and age with social media everybody wants followers, views, likes and this type of stuff and how much is somebody like that just doing it for the attention?

"For Aaron it doesn't bother me because we all get stick at certain times. I have had it and he has certainly had it over the years."

Injuries mean Ramsey has featured only once for Wales in their four 2018 World Cup qualifiers to date.

But the 26-year-old is fit and poised to start in Friday's crucial fixture against the Republic of Ireland in Dublin.

"People always say with Aaron 'We could have done with Aaron in that game' and sometimes with certain players you realise how good they are when you haven't got them," Gunter added.

"I think people take Aaron for granted in terms of the things he does with the ball and the things he sees and the passes he plays and when he isn't on the pitch.

"We haven't really got anyone like him to do that then you realise even more and we are a much better team with him in it."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39359824

Ramsey's boy sticking up for him.

People always say with Aaron 'We could have done with Aaron in that game'

tumblr_mkoq8oq6ph1s5v9zbo1_500.gif

During a international break? Yes
During matchweeks with AFC? Hell no :lol:

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
"He is fine, it's not something that bothers him," said Gunter.

Maybe it would help if he was bothered, that's the bloody point, they've all being playing as if nothing bothers them -except Alexis . It's about time they gave themselves a kick up the whotsit, complacency rules.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I would be very happy with him handing over responsibility to someone else tbh, especially when it comes to shooting. He's such a bad finisher. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom