• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

100 million budget... Get us 3 players of same calibrate as Xhaka and Mustafi.

Or 1 star player and 1 player of same calibrate as Xhaka and Mustafi.

R

=reed=

100 million budget... Get us 3 players of same calibrate as Xhaka and Mustafi.

Or 1 star player and 1 player of same calibrate as Xhaka and Mustafi.
We shouldn't buy star players at all (and I doubt any star player will come to us atm), after this season our bread-and-butter will be the best players from lower-tier clubs - back to the roots!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenget will spend the grand total of fvck all, and I'm glad.

Somebody tell me the point of spending 200m or having a big overhaul when you're going the season after :lol: what sort of reckless bollocks is that?!!!

Save it for the guy coming in. Let him first work with what we've got.

Wenger can't buy first team players anymore, unless they've come from Barca or Madrid, are already world class and have the balls to ignore his bullshit instructions once they get here. Problem with that is they suss him out quicker than the mongs and waste no more time working with him.

R

=reed=

Cut the nonsense, we can sign nearly anyone we want.

There is no desire to compete at this club though.
It's not true, Arsenal is a second-tier club in England and a third-tier club in Europe right now, any star player will find another better club easily, and it doesn't matter even if we can pay the money.

Hope we have a 300M budget though, 100M signs you one good player.

Stop posting BS

Aevi

Hale End FC
New manager is ideal, but for those who responded to my squad overhaul post, I meant that it was what I hoped for were he to stay. Something needs to change in some capacity, and I'd be glad that at least Wenger recognizes something is wrong.

There is a lot to be skeptical about though. We do indeed hear this every year, and a player overhaul is only the least this club needs. Tactics and mentality are in need of freshening up as well.

I'm thinking I need to stop hoping though, because I'm setting myself up for disappointment. The club looks like it's pushing for Wenger to stay, and they're just waiting for an opportunity to announce it. It's kind of funny seeing them stuck waiting though as sh*t gets worse week after week.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Bayern can pluck all the talent from the German leagues for peanuts though, that's a big difference.
The same way Wenger use to pluck all the French talent for peanuts then people caught on and started doing the same themselves further afield.

Every club will have situations they seek to exploit. When one well dries up it's about finding another source.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Issues go deeper than a just a squad overhaul. We have plenty of capable players and shouldn't look as exposed defensively and blunt offensively as we often do.

Feels like he's nailed on to stay at this point though.

Issues go deeper than a just a squad overhaul. We have plenty of capable players and shouldn't look as exposed defensively and blunt offensively as we often do.

Feels like he's nailed on to stay at this point though.

I agree it's very probable that Wenger will stay and the decline of Arsenal is likely to continue. Sadly everything and everybody has a 'best before' date and, alas, Wenger has reached his. The truth is that he's being out thought by nearly everyone. Wenger has probably surrounded himself with yes men (which it is highly likely what I would do given the dominance he has at the club) and is not receptive to new thinking.

Those who are looking to Stan K to solve the problem can probably dream on, Stan is very interested in the bottom line of the balance sheet and until that goes into decline he's unlikely to take much interest in the day-to-day operation of Arsenal.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

As the number of Wenger in votes in our poll creep down (now at 76) Wenger slowly creeps closer to a contract extension... Give it another week before he "decides" and the in votes will have come into the 60s just in time. One fifth of us can then celebrate another 2 years of this year's ****.
Shipping out Sanchez and Özil: 60m
Buying lower quality replacements: 75m
Another 2 years with Wenger: Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom