• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Evening Standard showing Wenger's record yesterday.

Prem played 779 lost only 18%

FA Cup played 106 lost only 13%

CL played 191 lost only 28%

Considering the lack of money between 2006 to 2014, those stats are absolutely remarkable for the number of games played.

You don't give up, do you? :lol:

Still waiting for an explanation as to where the £40m Toure-Adebayor money disappeared to.

EDIT -

"If we need to add then we will. We have money available so for us it is now important to spend it in the right way when we do it or if we do it." - 30 July 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...te-40m-sale-Kolo-Toure-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger to BeIN:
"We're suffering a lot at the moment, but if you take a little bit of distance and put things in perspective we are two games in hand, we are in the semi-finals of the [FA] cup against City. Our season will be decided will be how we respond to the difficult period we have."My job is to make 100% of people happy," he added. "If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where the club is today, I'm quite proud of what I've done but today we live in a period where people are very demanding, and I understand that.

"I know, as well, I have guided this club through very difficult periods, with very limited resources. I have always managed to get the best out of the team and that's what I will do as long as I am with Arsenal Football Club. People judge your work. My job is not to judge, my job is to produce. Let other people judge."

“We have good players and they are young players. We have a team that's very young. Overall I think the spirit is good, the structures are absolutely fantastic and the mental qualities inside the club.”

“For me Arsenal is the best club in the world and what we have built is absolutely remarkable, not only on the results front but on the values that this club, what we have built. Of course a football club is about winning, it's as well about values."

“Nobody talks about that anymore but sport is as well about values and I think integrity, respect, humility, togetherness are very important qualities and if you would visit our club you would see that they really exist on a daily basis. That is part of what I am proud as well.

“You can basically say that if you don't win the championship it is not a successful season and I can understand that but you take clubs like Liverpool and they have not won the Premier League, they are a big club."

“You have clubs like Man City, Man United, certainly the championship will be won by Chelsea so we have all, and no matter how many we are, Tottenham, all these clubs, every year only one will win it.”

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just about every CEO of every major company and bank who've messed up big style have been given a pay rise, or a huge severance or a massive pension. It's how the world works. The guy at the top is never to blame.

Mourinho got £8.3m from Chelsea for taking them to near the bottom of the league. Moyes got £5.2m for dropping United out of the top 4.

Wenger's never been out of the top 4 in 20 years, deserves every penny he's earned in such a high pressure job.
So you're now comparing pay-offs from contracts being written off (due to failure might I add) to Wenger's salary?

You've lost it completely.:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He's obviously accepting a rise if he stays on. What a beacon of morality this man is.
At this rate I'm sure he's just a man who can't believe his luck. 10M a year and he knows that he should be sacked.

He's not the servant to the club many make him out to be - not anymore anyway - he's a man who's accepting the money being given to him. Fair enough I guess.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wenger again saying we were a nothing club when he arrived. He'd have us believe that his whole tenure at Arsenal was an act of benevolence on his part. I'm getting to seriously dislike the man.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Wenger to BeIN:
"We're suffering a lot at the moment, but if you take a little bit of distance and put things in perspective we are two games in hand, we are in the semi-finals of the [FA] cup against City. Our season will be decided will be how we respond to the difficult period we have."My job is to make 100% of people happy," he added. "If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where the club is today, I'm quite proud of what I've done but today we live in a period where people are very demanding, and I understand that.

"I know, as well, I have guided this club through very difficult periods, with very limited resources. I have always managed to get the best out of the team and that's what I will do as long as I am with Arsenal Football Club. People judge your work. My job is not to judge, my job is to produce. Let other people judge."

“We have good players and they are young players. They have a team that's very young. Overall I think the spirit is good, the structures are absolutely fantastic and the mental qualities inside the club.”

“For me Arsenal is the best club in the world and what we have built is absolutely remarkable, not only on the results front but on the values that this club, what we have built. Of course a football club is about winning, it's as well about values."

“Nobody talks about that anymore but sport is as well about values and I think integrity, respect, humility, togetherness are very important qualities and if you would visit our club you would see that they really exist on a daily basis. That is part of what I am proud as well.

“You can basically say that if you don't win the championship it is not a successful season and I can understand that but you take clubs like Liverpool and they have not won the Premier League, they are a big club."

“You have clubs like Man City, Man United, certainly the championship will be won by Chelsea so we have all, and no matter how many we are, Tottenham, all these clubs, every year only one will win it.”
What a load of drivel! He is now pleading and shifting goal posts. Trying redefine what matters and what football is about now. Full of excuses. What an absolute joke this is.

Also pretty much confirms he is staying.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Scenes if Gazidis has actually been trying to move the club forward this whole time and ends up leaving.

Similar to Luke/Anakin, Sasuke/Itachi.

Velli

There is no fun in watching Arsenal anymore. Earlier I used to be excited about the matchday, waiting anxiously for the kickoff. Nowadays I don't even bother anymore. There is nothing to enjoy, just plain old boring loop, with same results, same stupid statements after the game.

Just get him out. No deal

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Scenes if Gazidis has actually been trying to move the club forward this whole time and ends up leaving.

Similar to Luke/Anakin, Sasuke/Itachi.

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm growing tired about hearing our values. It simply doesn't match up with our ticket prices, and the disdain for the fans.

I don't want to disrespect Arsène wenger as I genuinely think he had done so much for us, but even just hearing today about the delay of contract talks until the summer has me completely stunned by what a glutton for punishment he seems to be.
We are answering uncertainty with uncertainty. Our two best players contracts not being discussed until it goes to that landmark 1 year remaining is absolutely crazy. It's a carbon copy of what the club gets itself in to with real regularity.

I find myself looking to things like early onset dementia to try and justify his decision making to myself, to make this whole mess somehow more palatable, because it isn't really is it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger to BeIN:

“We have good players and they are young players. We have a team that's very young. Overall I think the spirit is good, the structures are absolutely fantastic and the mental qualities inside the club.”

Needs putting in a home, mental.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

I don't know how anyone can compare Luke Skywalker, the saviour of the galaxy, to Anakin/Sasuke/Itachi. All fail in comparison.

blaze_of_glory

I think its best if he leaves (he's not going to), but hard to find much wrong with what he says there. Its all true, but the problem is that most everyone now wants more than what he is talking about and the desire for change outweighs everything he's pointing at.

GoonerBoy19

And we wonder why our team doesn't have the mentality to win anything. Our coach himself feels winning title is not everything.

I don't care about winning the championship but at least the team can give it a try. Here the team isn't bothered just like the manager and the board. Last few seasons I have noticed that the board and Arsène don't care about fans anymore. There is a total disconnect between fans and the club.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Wenger to BeIN:

I get that he did a great service to the club but doesn't constantly using it to justify his position hint at a bit of weakness/insecurity?

I think he knows he isn't good enough anymore, he knows his transfers aren't cutting it and he knows the discontent continues to grow.

What would his answer be if you asked him to self-evaluate the past two seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom