• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack the lad

The only thing that would not make me furious with his announcement if it went something like this.

"Mesut Özil, Alexis Sanchez & Arsène Wenger pen new deals"

The trio penned new deals until 2020 which secures their services for the next 3 years.

Arsenal are also pleased to sign the quadruple signing of Kylian Mbappe, Naby Keita, Benjamin Mendy & Marco Reus for undisclosed fees.

Later that day...

Arsenal have announced the departure of Francis Coquelin, Theo Walcott, kieran Gibbs & Aaron ramsey.

Then i woke up.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So what's his basic argument for why Arsène should remain? Can't be "just because" :lol:

It's basically "he's earned the right to stay here" bullshit. "Wenger knows" kind of thing but in different words. I don't really know to be honest, he just moved the podcast on without any argument. He also said a while ago that if we won't finish in the top 4 then he should consider leaving but he will backtrack on that like Wenger did.

Also he's always described 4th place as 'par' as if having no ambition and settling for 4th place as a our level is acceptable. How is that an argument? The main thing people are arguing for is for us to no longer be stagnant and to move forward, why do people use that as an argument for him to stay?!

Obviously his opinion doesn't matter but it's painful to hear :p

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
1) You a lie about people who disagree with you because you can't win a debate without desperately resorting to nefarious tactics.

2) Your arguments suffer from a delusional and self-pitying mentality. "You won't find any other fanbase or supporters that have been as patient as Arsenal fans especially when the manager says "Fourth place is a trophy,""..........
.........apart from the supporters of most of the football teams across the entire world, the vast majority of which are less successful at winning trophies than Arsenal. Oh 'woe is me, the patient, the morally righteous, the oppressed and downtrodden fan of Arsenal FC'

3) All of the things you want conveniently omit what Arsenal had prior to Wenger's arrival. Rocastle and Thomas had been unnecessarily sold and replaced by inferior midfielders. Bergkamp was just about the only truly top class player who'd been signed for about 5 years. There were huge problems with several key players in terms of alcohol and other lifestyle issues. Ian Wright was played on the wing by Rioch and put in a transfer request. Man Utd had been allowed to steal a march by signing numerous great players. George Graham was sacked for taking bungs so that John Jensen and Pål Lydersen could be brought in as replacements for better players who had been sold.

So the only credentials one requires to validate their arguments is to say that they support Arsenal? That's very rational, and conveniently restricts opinions only to the most radical hardcore football fans who've made the bold choice to support Arsenal FC TM. Let's hope you aren't just jealous because you know that in the time when I did support Arsenal in the past, I actually did, in person at Highbury. Let's hope you do something to support Arsenal, and aren't just another keyboard warrior.

I'd be more inclined to read this if it hadn't took you three days to work up the courage to reply.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I'd be more inclined to read this if it hadn't took you three days to work up the courage to reply.

Because nothing says "courage" like the act of cowardly fleeing from a debate on the basis that it didn't meet your previously unspecified, arbitrary and irrational timing requirements.

Here's a song for you to sing as you retreat to your 'safe space' to comfort yourself having lost.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger is on holiday apparently. Can't make it up, can you.
I'm on board with the no new contract talk. But I'd still say he deserves time to think on one if it has been offered. We all want an answer but if this international break is his time to do that then what difference does it make whether it is in London or Spain.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"Even now the guys who are against Arsène they should recognise it has gone too far. Hiring a plane? Come on, it’s so disrespectful".

"We’re not talking here about a club that is in big crisis.

"It’s a fantastic club. It’s rich now, due to him and his fantastic work.

"Never underestimate how intelligent Arsène is. Sometimes everyone lacks a bit of confidence.

Jens Lehmann

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm on board with the no new contract talk. But I'd still say he deserves time to think on one if it has been offered. We all want an answer but if this international break is his time to do that then what difference does it make whether it is in London or Spain.
Nobody even knows when he's meant to say. That's the joke of it. All we've been told us it won't be during the break. Scandalous :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
"Even now the guys who are against Arsène they should recognise it has gone too far. Hiring a plane? Come on, it’s so disrespectful".

"We’re not talking here about a club that is in big crisis.

"It’s a fantastic club. It’s rich now, due to him and his fantastic work.

"Never underestimate how intelligent Arsène is. Sometimes everyone lacks a bit of confidence.

Jens Lehmann
So we're only in crisis if we're fighting relegation now? Because that's the next step down after mid table.

**** Jens tbh.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-Arsène-wenger-contract-quit-invincibles-unanimous-thierry-henry-dennis-bergkamp-a7643311.html?amp
Tears in my eyes. Absolutely shaking with emotion.
Great to see the lads so loyal.

happyhappy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-Arsène-wenger-contract-quit-invincibles-unanimous-thierry-henry-dennis-bergkamp-a7643311.html?amp
Tears in my eyes. Absolutely shaking with emotion.

Most of them are just trying to be respectful and diplomatic. You ask them if Wenger should stay and they say he's a great manager. If another interviewer ask them if another manager should come in, they will say why not new man with new ideas and methods.

Sol and Wrighty both said last month the team don't do enough on set pieces and defending in general. In recent interviews i have heard, Alan Smith was the only one who went straight to the point analyzing in a logical way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom