• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

@North5 Once said he plays like a horse falling out of a helicopter (Welbeck, that is, not North5, although I wouldn't know tbh). It's still the most accurate description I've ever read. Forget technique, decison making and finishing. Horse falling from helicopter is all you need to know.

To be fair that describes me too.

Our football is so boring.

Having Walcott, Özil, Sanchez and Welbeck playing in last few games and I have not seen us trying to counter attack quick once.

Last edited:

sammyvine

LVG was right about him. A lot of people said he was harsh...but he was absolutely right. You have to remember LVG has managed some of the best strikers ever in the likes of Rivaldo, Kluivert etc...so I am sure he knows a thing or two.

Even before Danny's injuries he used to divide United fans, and many only stuck up for him because he's a Manc and seems a nice guy. He's a striker but he doesn't score goals. He has good work rate/link up play but his production is poor.

He's 26 now so I can't see how it will 'all suddenly click' for him. Look at Kane's and Alli's numbers compared to Welbeck's.
Even Sturridge before the injuries was scoring goals. You can't say he plays on poor teams as well as an excuse because even Lukaku was scoring goals at West Brom, Bony was banging them in for Swansea etc..

Welbeck just isn't good enough for a top 4 team. No team with aspirations such as Chelsea, Barca, Bayern or City would persist with him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
so if you're saying Fergush*te is a better manager, and he played Danny Welbeck, then you're saying Welbeck is a good player then?
Not, I'm saying he played in an organised setup in a well drilled side, and still got cast aside because he was still rubbish.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Two serious knee injuries in the past two seasons, and suffered from similar at Utd.

Are we suppose to believe these are going to magically disappear while he also finally learns how to shoot?

mm76

Yer Da
ok, i still think he's capable of more but I agree we have given him a chance and it's not working - he should be benched for the Boro game

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Would like to see him back on the wing myself, regardless of form his defensive work rate would be a massive help to Nacho or Hector. Think he deserves a chance to regain his form and it's not like we have much to lose in the table anyways.

Would also enable us to put Alexis back up front where he belongs.

mm76

Yer Da
Would like to see him back on the wing myself, regardless of form his defensive work rate would be a massive help to Nacho or Hector. Think he deserves a chance to regain his form and it's not like we have much to lose in the table anyways.

Would also enable us to put Alexis back up front where he belongs.

yeah maybe on the right instead of Theo 'they wanted it more than us' Walcott

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
by the brilliant tactician and team selector that was Louis Van Gaal... :lol:
I'm talking about Ferguson, not LvG. He was a spare part at Man Utd. Made appearances but was a utility player. Fergie couldn't get him scoring regularly either.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
by the brilliant tactician and team selector that was Louis Van Gaal... :lol:
Van Gaal is a proper legendary tactician and a genius tbf. W0uldn't mind him being the man to transition us after Wenger for 2/3 years. He'd use the academy players as well as some of the first players and find them their best positions and roles. He has had a huge part to play in the success of most of the highly successful teams over the years as well as a huge part of the most successful managers of recent times are his students. Won trophies everywhere including **** clubs.

mm76

Yer Da
but the Yanited fans didn't want him to leave which must tell us something

i think they recognised someone who was committed and had good qualities, even if he wasn't finding the net as often as he could

4R5Emaniac

but the Yanited fans didn't want him to leave which must tell us something

i think they recognised someone who was committed and had good qualities, even if he wasn't finding the net as often as he could
He was an academy player and a pretty good utility player. They were used to seeing Sralex maximize the output of this sort of player as well.

mm76

Yer Da
Van Gaal is a proper legendary tactician and a genius tbf. W0uldn't mind him being the man to transition us after Wenger for 2/3 years.

'legendary tactician and a genius' - you could apply that to Wenger in terms of what he's achieved in the past - we're talking about now - he was shi*e at Moan U - in other words whatever he had he's lost it or he's fallen behind - like Wenger

i don't want him anywhere near Arsenal

4R5Emaniac

'legendary tactician and a genius' - you could apply that to Wenger in terms of what he's achieved in the past - we're talking about now - he was shi*e at Moan U - in other words whatever he had he's lost it or he's fallen behind - like Wenger

i don't want him anywhere near Arsenal
Wenger is not a legendary tactician. Van Gaal is a CL winner and set up Bayern, Barcelona on their way to achieve the success they have had after him. And he is still the most successful Man Utd manager after Ferguson till now. Winning an FA cup and qualifying for the CL is what gets Wenger the genius. He has done it there and far more previously. We are talking about someone whose former players and assistants are the most successful coaches of modern times.

Last edited:

mm76

Yer Da
Wenger is not a legendary tactician. Van Gaal is a CL with and set up Bayern, Barcelona on their way to achieve the success they have had after him. And he is still the most successful Man Utd manager after Ferguson till now. Winning an FA cup and qualifying for the CL is what gets Wenger the genius. He has done it there and far more previously. We are talking about someone whose former players and assistants are the most successful coaches of modern times.

i'd say again he was s**e at Moan U relative to the squad and the size of club - the comment re Fergush*te is irrelevant - being better than Moyes is no compliment i assure you and I Moanhino is only in his first season, but is slowly building a momentum which could possibly see them finish fourth

anyway i just don't like the guy :cool:

4R5Emaniac

anyway i just don't like the guy :cool:
Well there is nothing to be talked about then. Mourinho I agree will most likely be more successful. But heres the thing, Mourinho the most phenomenal success story of modern management worked under LVG too along with the rest. Whether you fancy him or not he is a legend.

mm76

Yer Da
Well there is nothing to be talked about then.

no i'd be interested in an alternative case, but as i say i genuinely saw him do a bad job at Moan U and you have to judge someone by his last work, also his demeanour etc just didn't strike me as what we need right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom