• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
C_ip4aPXoAIUwl1.jpg

C_ip4aQXUAATukD.jpg

Cech in form, attack found efficiency. Just in time for battle for top 4. We can't sustain similar numbers for longer term.
Tough to say that we greatly improved our stability at the back. False hope talking about next season.

TriniGunner

C_ip4aPXoAIUwl1.jpg

C_ip4aQXUAATukD.jpg

Cech in form, attack found efficiency. Just in time for battle for top 4. We can't sustain similar numbers for longer term.
Tough to say that we greatly improved our stability at the back. False hope talking about next season.

If we're going to continue playing 3 at the back (which is actually a back 5), we need another player like Sanchez who's capable of unlocking defenses, like Mahrez. We've been good defensively since the change of formation but our attacking play is suffering. Sooner rather than later other managers are going to figure out the system and we're back to square one frustration.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Martin Keown -

The new system is better for them. Arsenal have won five of their last six games since switching to three at the back.

Arsenal played the same way for so long they became predictable. Now teams are having to work out how to play against them.

I have said it before with Chelsea — the system turns the numbers game in your favour. When Arsenal were playing with a back four, they would be hit on the counter attack with just two centre backs and a sitting midfielder in defence.

Now, they have five players in the back line who are getting back to defend plus the two in midfield.

Up the pitch, Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck are working hard to win the ball back though I still think there is a problem with Özil not working hard enough off the ball.

Arsène Wenger is also benefitting from two players that he did not have — Kieran Gibbs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as wing backs.

This system suits players with great athleticism but who can get lost when playing 4-4-2.

You could say that Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs and, at Chelsea, Victor Moses' careers were drifting but this system has given them freedom.

With those players giving the team width, forwards like Hazard and Pedro at Chelsea or Sanchez and Özil at Arsenal can come inside and wreak havoc.

The system has helped Arsenal and they should persist with it.

The 3-4-3 system does suit many of our playerd like I predicted earlier this season, to mention a few; Monreal, Xhaka and Ramsey. Was hoping that we would see better of Özil. Maybe with time. The surprisr has been Ox in the wing back role.

But. We still have no clue how to defend, specially defending spaces and that wont be fixed by just changing systems.

So while some players will be comfortable we will still give teams easy chances from time to time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Typical @Makingtrax can't respond so backs off.

I'll ask again. In a sport where the season is played game by game how the **** does squad cost have anything to do with the probability of wrong decisions, refs, ricochets etc?
Ha! Responded all morning, but it's not easy to explain probability to someone who thinks that deuce is the stuff tennis players drink between games. :p

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

C_ip4aPXoAIUwl1.jpg

C_ip4aQXUAATukD.jpg

Steinberg in the Guardian said that Arsenal have had moderate success with their new formation.

Sick of this media bias against the club. 5 wins out of 6 is not a moderate success ffs . . . unless you attend the @Mark Tobias school of statistics and then it'll be called piss poor.

Preacher

Always Crying
Steinberg in the Guardian said that Arsenal have had moderate success with their new formation.

Sick of this media bias against the club. 5 wins out of 6 is not a moderate success ffs . . . unless you attend the @Mark Tobias school of statistics and then it'll be called piss poor.
xG and xGA statistics categories show, that luck is on our side now, but in the long run we will concede more goals than we will score. On the other hand, only Sp**s played us off the field completely. Against others we and opponents created similar number of good chances, but our finishing and Cech good form prevailed.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
IMO, the main reason the new system is working is because we lack quality up top and out wide.

As good as Ox is as a right winger, he's much more consistent as a wing back. His job is very simple and so he's able to have a big impact on our games. Alexis doesn't play well out wide, Walcott is sheight, Iwobi lacks a true yard of pace and we all know about our striker situation.

Loads of our players are benefiting from three at the back.

I'm eager to see how Bellerin does as a wing back. Gibbo isn't as exposed defensively because he has someone behind him, Bellerin could benefit similarly. Cech has looked much better recently too, it helps him out having an extra CB to distribute to.

As many have pointed out, a strength of Wenger's (which is simultaneously a weakness) is the faith he has in his players. The boys just weren't producing, so he had to change things up. This makes me believe we'll sign at least two top attackers in the summer if Wenger stays.

Tbh, we need an injection of quality regardless.

mm76

Yer Da

agree the media don't give us much credit but equally i guess he's saying we're winning but for the most part it ain't pretty - the first half of last night's game was utter garbage for example...

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

agree the media don't give us much credit but equally i guess he's saying we're winning but for the most part it ain't pretty - the first half of last night's game was utter garbage for example...
That's another thing, Mourinho's teams are praised by pundits for winning ugly when they don't play well. We're just lucky to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom