• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Goon-Ger

Even if it could be done in practical terms, there's no law that says a person has to prove that they support Arsenal to use this forum. Plenty of supporters of other clubs and general wummers on this forum.

As a Rangers/Arsenal fan i couldn't think of anything worse than joining a Celtic/Sp**s forum.

That takes obsession to a whole new level.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I might do a summary month by month, in fact I will.

August- Mixed. Had two young CB's going into the Liverpool game while Ramsey/Alexis were about half-fit if even that while Özil and Koscielny were out and Cazorla didn't start. Improved vs Leicester and eventually got our first win in a comfortable away win at Watford.

September- Excellent. Won all 3 league games including a brilliant win over Chelsea. While we also made a solid start in the. Things started to look promising at this stage.

October- Again excellent. Only poor result was our 0-0 draw with Boro, besides that we won every game progressing on every front. Though Cazorla's injury in the Ludogorets thrashing would prove somewhat costly.

Novemeber- Good. We avoided defeat in NLD and at Old Trafford which showed we at least we're losing the tough games at this point but it was also a month we possibly missed the opportunity to push on a bit while Chelsea on the other hand were really starting to get some momentum.

December- Mixed. Started the month well, finished top of our CL group but would then lose back to back away games in the space of a few days to show that there was still elements of the old Arsenal after many thought the Autumn showed this was a different side. Still grinding out a 1-0 win over WBA got us back on track ahead of the new year.

January- Mixed. We had a good month for 30 days (besides the Bournemouth game though we did get a draw when we probably shouldn't have). However the month ended with a disastrous home defeat to Watford which signaled the end of our title challenge.

February- Bad. Comprehensively beaten by Chelsea and Bayern meant the wheels were well and truly starting to come off.

March- Disastrous. Lost to Liverpool and WBA in our only PL games of that month which meant top 4 was starting to slip away. Lost 5-1 again to Bayern.

April- Somewhat mixed. We got to the FA Cup final but losing to Palace and Sp**s pretty much killed our chances of getting CL football next season. We showed signs of regaining form but the Palace defeat was the lowest point of the season, we were absolutely run ragged by a team who were almost condemned because of how difficult their run in was deemed to be.

May- Very good but the damage was done in March/April, still there's a cup final next weekend. Basically in this month we've seen that there's still a lot of talent in this team. Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Holding, Chamberlain, Koscielny, Monreal, etc have all shown at different times that they have Arsenal quality while some others have shown it in patches. I honestly don't know what happened behind the scenes which led to the wheels falling off the way it did, but it's so weird how in the last few weeks we've managed to just revert back to the team we were in September-November (albeit in the different system).

Season overall- extremely disappointing, not just because we missed out on top 4 because we knew this was going to be one of the most competitive seasons in history but because we looked so strong throughout the opening months and we did well in a lot of games we didn't usually do well in. Let's hope we can win the cup to give us something to smile about.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I agree. The Europa League is the only trophy I can see Arsenal winning next season that would be considered progress over the FA Cup. It is a good test and a good experience.

Having said that. I'm glad to see that Wenger has told the fans that the toxic atmosphere they've created has not helped the team perform. Having missed top 4 by such a narrow margin, it doesn't take a whole lot of detective work to see that had the fans backed the team throughout the season, they would have made top 4.
Absolute clown post. Every away game is a hostile environment. Should we expect to lose at Preston because they aren't giving the players cuddles and kisses?

progman07

Established Member
I agree. The Europa League is the only trophy I can see Arsenal winning next season that would be considered progress over the FA Cup. It is a good test and a good experience.

Having said that. I'm glad to see that Wenger has told the fans that the toxic atmosphere they've created has not helped the team perform. Having missed top 4 by such a narrow margin, it doesn't take a whole lot of detective work to see that had the fans backed the team throughout the season, they would have made top 4.
Fans' anger is not driven by this season, and top 4 would have solved nothing.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
You answered yourself there. You bet the the rot starts way down (or up), before you start pointing fingers at supporters.

Something about symptoms and syndromes

Great, so supporters play the blame game instead of taking responsibility. That's sure to work. And surely if the rot starts way down - that would mean the supporters?

Rocky

Absolute clown post. Every away game is a hostile environment. Should we expect to lose at Preston because they aren't giving the players cuddles and kisses?

I happen to believe there's a tremendous difference between hostile supporters of the opposition who want you to lose and supporters of your own team who are more concerned with getting banners out and undermining your boss.

Rocky

Fans' anger is not driven by this season, and top 4 would have solved nothing.

I'm aware the fans anger isn't driven by this season.

I agree that top 4 doesn't necessarily solve much long term, but short term - supporters should want their club to do the best they possibly can.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I might do a summary month by month, in fact I will.

August- Mixed. Had two young CB's going into the Liverpool game while Ramsey/Alexis were about half-fit if even that while Özil and Koscielny were out and Cazorla didn't start. Improved vs Leicester and eventually got our first win in a comfortable away win at Watford.

September- Excellent. Won all 3 league games including a brilliant win over Chelsea. While we also made a solid start in the. Things started to look promising at this stage.

October- Again excellent. Only poor result was our 0-0 draw with Boro, besides that we won every game progressing on every front. Though Cazorla's injury in the Ludogorets thrashing would prove somewhat costly.

Novemeber- Good. We avoided defeat in NLD and at Old Trafford which showed we at least we're losing the tough games at this point but it was also a month we possibly missed the opportunity to push on a bit while Chelsea on the other hand were really starting to get some momentum.

December- Mixed. Started the month well, finished top of our CL group but would then lose back to back away games in the space of a few days to show that there was still elements of the old Arsenal after many thought the Autumn showed this was a different side. Still grinding out a 1-0 win over WBA got us back on track ahead of the new year.

January- Mixed. We had a good month for 30 days (besides the Bournemouth game though we did get a draw when we probably shouldn't have). However the month ended with a disastrous home defeat to Watford which signaled the end of our title challenge.

February- Bad. Comprehensively beaten by Chelsea and Bayern meant the wheels were well and truly starting to come off.

March- Disastrous. Lost to Liverpool and WBA in our only PL games of that month which meant top 4 was starting to slip away. Lost 5-1 again to Bayern.

April- Somewhat mixed. We got to the FA Cup final but losing to Palace and Sp**s pretty much killed our chances of getting CL football next season. We showed signs of regaining form but the Palace defeat was the lowest point of the season, we were absolutely run ragged by a team who were almost condemned because of how difficult their run in was deemed to be.

May- Very good but the damage was done in March/April, still there's a cup final next weekend. Basically in this month we've seen that there's still a lot of talent in this team. Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Holding, Chamberlain, Koscielny, Monreal, etc have all shown at different times that they have Arsenal quality while some others have shown it in patches. I honestly don't know what happened behind the scenes which led to the wheels falling off the way it did, but it's so weird how in the last few weeks we've managed to just revert back to the team we were in September-November (albeit in the different system).

Season overall- extremely disappointing, not just because we missed out on top 4 because we knew this was going to be one of the most competitive seasons in history but because we looked so strong throughout the opening months and we did well in a lot of games we didn't usually do well in. Let's hope we can win the cup to give us something to smile about.
November and December weren't as good as it looks ... remember, we need late goals to win/draw many games that period.. literally Giroud's moment to shine

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I happen to believe there's a tremendous difference between hostile supporters of the opposition who want you to lose and supporters of your own team who are more concerned with getting banners out and undermining your boss.
And what trumps that is the much greater difference in impact between some people sitting and watching the match who have absolutely no impact on the outcome and a group of adults playing who do. It's a funny game played by Wenger and the sheep who follow him. The supporters apparently aren't important enough to show respect to or have a voice in what goes on at their club but they're somehow simultaneously so important that their dissatisfaction can make adults fail at their job. Truly amazing logic there. Some pieces of paper and angry words that you really shouldn't see or hear if you're actually focusing on your job like a professional are apparently enough to make full grown men collapse like a house of cards. That's really what you believe eh? Please don't breed then. There are enough useless, terrified, sniveling worms on earth already. We don't need anymore.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

459pnyhjj3zy.jpg

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And what trumps that is the much greater difference in impact between some people sitting and watching the match who have absolutely no impact on the outcome and a group of adults playing who do. It's a funny game played by Wenger and the sheep who follow him. The supporters apparently aren't important enough to show respect to or have a voice in what goes on at their club but they're somehow simultaneously so important that their dissatisfaction can make adults fail at their job. Truly amazing logic there. Some pieces of paper and angry words that you really shouldn't see or hear if you're actually focusing on your job like a professional are apparently enough to make full grown men collapse like a house of cards. That's really what you believe eh? Please don't breed then. There are enough useless, terrified, sniveling worms on earth already. We don't need anymore.
This purple patch is lasting a while. You sure it's a purple patch?:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom