• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In yesterdays posts I only saw links with "sources" or "relatives" saying how Mbappe would be open to join Arsenal because of Wenger. None of those particularly reliable and moreover no indication that we'd be willing to pay what it takes to ever get to the point where we'd be able to negotiate with him.
First of all the newspaper are one of
France's most reliable.

Second there are some rules in journalism, as far as I'm aware you can get in big trouble for making up quotes. Don't know if it's the same in France.

emilursin

Everytime I see this thread say "Replied moments ago" I think to myself, "maybe, just maybe there is a credible link," but it's usually just people over reacting to a player liking another player, or a players sister liking the club, or something ridiculous that fuels the hype train.

I've been burnt too many times. Arsenal is like a toxic relationship, you hope your partner will change, but you're just fooling yourself by staying until eventually you have kids (buy a jersey) and force yourself to stay because you might as well raise them (wear it) rather than do nothing with your weekends. It will stay this way for as long as Wenger and Kroenke (The wife and her new man) hold the reins.
Everything ok at home?

FinnGooner

Established Member

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well today Le parisien writes about Real and PSG competing for Mbappe. No mention of Arsenal in this article, although it offers very little facts regarding Real and PSG as well.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/foo...pite-qu-il-faut-au-psg-21-06-2017-7072560.php

I had a little read of that. It is purely just a one off article with no facts and no quotes from anyone. Its the Paris paper merely stating how much PSG would love Mbappe.

That's what surprised me actually, Paris paper printing someone talking so glowingly about another club for a player PSG so desperately want.

If there's no direct quotes then I don't see it as a threat really.

FinnGooner

Established Member
First of all the newspaper are one of
France's most reliable.

Second there are some rules in journalism, as far as I'm aware you can get in big trouble for making up quotes. Don't know if it's the same in France.

Missing my point. There is nothing in that article that links us (the club) to Mbappe. Just because some relatives say he'd be willing means nothing.

But what I'm talking about are articles that would suggest we'd even consider putting in a serious bid for the kid.

Let's not pretend that I'm completely out my mind for questioning the idea that we'd suddenly be willing to amp up our transfer record with £80 million for an 18 year old

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would Chelsea selling Costa bring them into this?

Going by Mbappe and his family I've only I've seen them talk about Monaco, us and Madrid as options.

GoonerHart

Would Chelsea selling Costa bring them into this?

Going by Mbappe and his family I've only I've seen them talk about Monaco, us and Madrid as options.
Not if you believe the Lukaku rumours that would be about 200M on two strikers plus. Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom