• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I hope to wake up one day and see that Gibbs, Debuchy, Ospina, Perez, and Joel have all been sold with Chambers and Holding going on loan :(

All but a dream.

Think we need to take the Zabaleta, Sagna and Clichy route with Debuchy. Just release him ffs.

Sell Gibbs for 10m and the rest should be easy to shift.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't see that at all. Madrid will be in the exact same position they are now in terms of players and playing time. The reason he'd want to go there at the age of 21-24 would be because Ronaldo/Benzema will be done and he'll be the main man.

Its a transitional phase and I think it'll work the same as when Ronaldo went to United and then moved to Madrid a few years later.

Dude, I am just telling you what I am reading from national and regional french medias as well as a couple of reliable journos, following the mentioned meeting. They are all mentioning next year as a transitional phase, specially since it is a WC year. It is even suggested that Madrid may buy the player and leave it for the year with Monaco.
If Arsène can convince him to come to AFC for 3 or 4 years, more power to him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

9eLwQ.gif

ClubLevel

We also got so much deadwood to get rid of as well. Perez, Jenkinson, Debuchy, Chambers, Theo, Wilshere, Gibbs plus others I have probably forgotten about. That would clear up space in the squad if we could bring in some good players. Lemar/Mbappe to add strength in attack. Another midfielder if we offload Coq, maybe another defender too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We also got so much deadwood to get rid of as well. Perez, Jenkinson, Debuchy, Chambers, Theo, Wilshere, Gibbs plus others I have probably forgotten about. That would clear up space in the squad if we could bring in some good players. Lemar/Mbappe to add strength in attack. Another midfielder if we offload Coq, maybe another defender too.

We can only get rid of four of the homegrown players or we wont have the right quota.

EG - Wilshere, Gibbs, Szczesny and Jenkinson.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Chambers is not deadwood. You can add Giroud & Campbell, Giroud is not deadwood but will want out if Mbappe joins.

ClubLevel

Chambers is not deadwood. You can add Giroud & Campbell, Giroud is not deadwood but will want out if Mbappe joins.

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't mind keeping Giroud if we added a world class forward.

Campbell will go. Chesney will as well I imagine. Maybe even Ospina. Not that they are deadwood.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What's the basis for that conclusion? I'm just curious because there were 4 teams that finished ahead of us last year, and all of them, bar Sp**s are strengthening to a substantial extent. Man U who finished behind us are strengthening significantly also. Pep, Conte, and Mourinho will all be in the second seasons at major clubs. Furthermore we have to travel to random places in Slovakia and Ukraine for Europa League fixtures with a squad renowned for poor fitness records.

Chelsea haven't signed anyone yet.

United have signed utter dross and replaced a world class striker with a lamp post. I'm not worried.

Liverpool have signed a poor mans Mane and still are yet to sort out their defence and keeper.

City have done good business but they won't gel straight away and they still have the same dodgy CB's minus Kompany.

Sp**s haven't done a pittance.

If we use this new formation for an entire season we'll challenge. We just needed to add that world class striker that suits this formation because Giroud does not. Ramsey and Xhaka will build a partnership in the centre and we also have an incredible new full back in Kolasinac.

We have a lot of kids in the squad and two more have recently pushed through, no doubt they'll play in the EL.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I agree. I wouldn't mind keeping Giroud if we added a world class forward.

Campbell will go. Chesney will as well I imagine. Maybe even Ospina. Not that they are deadwood.

My guess of outgoings would be -

Campbell, Szczesny, Perez, Ospina, Debuchy and Gibbs to be sold.

Holding and Chambers to go out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom