• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I don't think the pool board have to create any expectations. Their fans are stuck in some kind of strange time warp and honestly believe they have some kind of divine right to the title. Only Sp**s have more delusion amongst their ranks.
I think we already have a bit of egg on our faces after last season. Still, I will laugh at them until we finish below them again.

Although, both those clubs have begun to seriously threaten us in recent years and I don't feel comfortable laughing at either for too long in case I get egg on my face.
Something weird happened! I said, I think we have egg on our faces after last season, but I will still laugh at them unless they finish above us this season.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Majority of our current fans have witnessed the club win multiple domestic trophies and therefore they think we should win them in the future as well. And since we've been able to be competitive without spending next to nothing, shouldn't we be even more competitive when we spend something?
And there you've smacked the proverbial nail on the head. Unlike Sp**s managers since the millennium, Wenger could win the title when things were more even. And keep in the top 4 when he had bugger all to spend. So why can't he win it easily now he's climbed to be the fourth richest club in the EPL. He must have lost it.

That's what everyone thinks. But it's a very simplistic idea that denies the changing landscape of football, the arrival of oligarchs, the role of European clubs, the huge competition for talent, and the the injection of TV money.

FinnGooner

Established Member
And there you've smacked the proverbial nail on the head. Unlike Sp**s managers since the millennium, Wenger could win the title when things were more even. And keep in the top 4 when he had bugger all to spend. So why can't he win it easily now he's climbed to be the fourth richest club in the EPL. He must have lost it.

That's what everyone thinks. But it's a very simplistic idea that denies the changing landscape of football, the arrival of oligarchs, the role of European clubs, the huge competition for talent, and the the injection of TV money.

I agree. Wenger is in some ways victim of his own ambition. The way I see it, Gazidis, Wenger and the board made a mistake when they didn't distctly proclaim that during he stadium building phase the club might not be able compete with the best. Had they positioned the club differently back then, our/their achievements during those years might be viewed in different light now (btw Sp**s are clearly trying to do it the other way around). But I guess they didn't see that long of a trophy drought upcoming and retrospectively thinking you can't really blame them too much, since we were pretty close to the jackpot quite a few times. But it is a cruel world at the top and they just have to live with the current situation. What's good for them is that they get fair compensation for dealing with all that pressure and ****. I'm somewhat intoxicated right now and in five hours I'll have to wake up and go to work so no pity for anybody. Ultimately we all have to sleep on a bed we've layed out for ourselves. Or whatever. Now it's less than five hours.

zanwalk

Sp**s Fan

Just one more thing to add to that good post, it is also HOW you spend the money, rather than just glibly spending it in scatter gun fashion. See the Manc clubs for example.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So let me get this straight, Sp**s have won absolutely nothing, have sold Walker and have signed no one with no immediate signs that they're going to sign anyone yet are getting endless amounts of praise.

We went through a period from 2006 to 2014 where we had to sell our best players, have limited spending and still managed top 4 every single year and we were endlessly criticised for not being competitive enough and going on such a trophy drought while showing "no ambition".

**** Tottenham and **** anyone who praises them. At the end of the day I'd rather have the FA Cup win than a runners up spot.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So let me get this straight, Sp**s have won absolutely nothing, have sold Walker and have signed no one with no immediate signs that they're going to sign anyone yet are getting endless amounts of praise.

We went through a period from 2006 to 2014 where we had to sell our best players, have limited spending and still managed top 4 every single year and we were endlessly criticised for not being competitive enough and going on such a trophy drought while showing "no ambition".

**** Tottenham and **** anyone who praises them. At the end of the day I'd rather have the FA Cup win than a runners up spot.
Exactly, last 4 years . . 3 FACups and a runner up spot and still people saying Wenger is clueless and Poch is one of the best managers in the world.

Once in 21 years they've finished above us and last won the league in 1961. It's official, we can still laugh at them. Stop praising the bast*rds.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They've been humiliated for years and starved of trophies yet the fans think the sun shines out of Poch's arse because he'll keep them somewhere near the top. There's no blind optimism to win much or sign anybody big, just faith in the the manager to do well.

The contrast between those Sp**s fans and your DTs of this world is enormous. It's like reading letters to Santa from feral kids on the streets of Mumbai compared to the fat bitter kids from Bel-Air.

3 trophies and a runner up in four years and our fans are hiring planes to force our manager to f*** off. :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
They've been humiliated for years and starved of trophies yet the fans think the sun shines out of Poch's arse because he'll keep them somewhere near the top. There's no blind optimism to win much or sign anybody big, just faith in the the manager to do well.

The contrast between those Sp**s fans and your DTs of this world is enormous. It's like reading letters to Santa from feral kids on the streets of Mumbai compared to the fat bitter kids from Bel-Air.

3 trophies and a runner up in four years and our fans are hiring planes to force our manager to f*** off. :lol:

This is a weird post.

You're commending Sp**s fans for sticking by their manager whilst acknowledging the reason for that, primarily their lack of historical success.

It almost sounds like you're saying that the Arsenal fan can learn something from the Sp**s fan which makes no sense when your first paragraph is taken into account.

Why should the Arsenal fan, who supports one of the most successful clubs in English football history, accept mediocrity? We're not Sp**s.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This is a weird post.

You're commending Sp**s fans for sticking by their manager whilst acknowledging the reason for that, primarily their lack of historical success.

It almost sounds like you're saying that the Arsenal fan can learn something from the Sp**s fan which makes no sense when your first paragraph is taken into account.

Why should the Arsenal fan, who supports one of the most successful clubs in English football history, accept mediocrity? We're not Sp**s.
When you're the fourth richest club in a country, 4 trophies and a runner up in 4 years is far from mediocrity.

BobP

Memri Fan
When you're the fourth richest club in a country, 4 trophies and a runner up in 4 years is far from mediocrity.

Runners up with 71 points. A tally which we bettered the season after whilst finishing 5th.

Great achievement.

I could list off some of the disappointing results but it gets tedious doing so after a while.

This squad cost nonsense is ridiculous. As if cost was equivalent to the actual value and quality of a playing squad. There are so many factors which dictate the cost of a playing squad, some of which have nothing to do with the actual quality of a player.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Runners up with 71 points. A tally which we bettered the season after whilst finishing 5th.

Great achievement.

I could list off some of the disappointing results but it gets tedious doing so after a while.

This squad cost nonsense is ridiculous. As if cost was equivalent to the actual value and quality of a playing squad. There are so many factors which dictate the cost of a playing squad, some of which have nothing to do with the actual quality of a player.
Don't think we'll ever agree Bob.

You think Chelsea since 2004, Man C since 2008, and PSG 2012 are climbing the all time honours list because of their managers and I think it's because of that black stuff that's coming out of the ground. You're a purist and I'm a realist.

The sun's coming out and Arsenal are on later, not in the mood for an argument :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom