• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

IchirotoV2

I don't believe that has been the issue here. Monaco was never open to sell Neymar, unlike the others who left. Silva, Baka and Mendy were on the market and they even bought players to replace them in the case of Baka and Mendy.
Lemar has I have said before will be hard to get unless we make an offer Monaco in the Martial's range. That would not even guarantee the deal. Most of the rumors the last couple of days are rather wild speculations.
Hehe...

Token Yank

I realize I am going to get ripped apart for saying this, but is Lemar really worth £50m? I just don't see how he fits a need this season. I am 53 mins into the Toulouse match and besides his ridiculous free kicks he looks very average, one footed, and easily brushed off the ball. I personally would rather Seri.

Flame away...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't understand why we didn't go for Tielemans makes no sense. €25m for a 20year old that's player 139 senior games won player of the season in Belgium, was in the Europa team of the season and is €10m less than Seri.
Would have been perfect too, young enough to not unsettle our senior CM's and be patient with a bit part role but also good enough to create some impressive depth. Seemed a no brainer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I realize I am going to get ripped apart for saying this, but is Lemar really worth £50m? I just don't see how he fits a need this season. I am 53 mins into the Toulouse match and besides his ridiculous free kicks he looks very average, one footed, and easily brushed off the ball. I personally would rather Seri.

Flame away...

He was clearly totally uninterested while playing. You could see it with his body language.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Flame away...

I think he's worth it in this crazy market, possibly a bit more. If things continue next season he will be £70m to £80m so best get him now even if it costs £50m+

As for Seri, I like him and think he could do a good job next to Xhaka, definitely a good Cazorla replacement. Having said that, I'd rather sign Lemar if we were only signing one.

1CK1S

Flame away...

I have the same thought. I don't want to give a 22 year old that much money. Let him, Mbappe, and Fabinho prove themselves again this season and if they do, go all out for them next summer. For right now go for Seri, Mahrez, and a GK for the future and loan him back out.

i feel with Sanchez looking more and more likely to stay, one signing more looks the most likely option!
can't see Arsenal signing lemar if sanchez stays, not enough space to accommodate him.
feel a centre mid is more likely to be the signing, but depends on shipping out wilshere, gibbs,perez,chambers, jenkinson etc

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Flame away...

I understand where you're coming from on this. I watched the game too, I really like Lemar as a player, I think he's very good and can become great, and although he wasn't on top of his game yesterday when you look at him play you don't get the sense he's worth 50m.

In today's market he's worth 50m for sure, but when you look at him you see him for what he is, a good young player with great technique, high football IQ and lovely ball delivery. But you also see that he's not an absolute phenomenon, which is what you'd expect from a 50m player outside of the distorted transfer market.

When you look at Mbappe, however, you see a 50m player, which translates to 100m or whatever it is. Everything he does with the ball is phenomenal, he stands out from any other player on the pitch.

But this is 2017, if we have to pay 50m for Lemar then so be it, as he has a lot of quality and can become a great player. On the other hand, I also do think to myself that we should either go all in for the real quality player, i.e Mbappe, or go for Mahrez who I think could offer more in the immediate future.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

Flame away...

I agree, I would really rather sign Seri and Mahrez instead. The minimum transfer fee it would take to sign Lemar is 80m and we could sign both Seri and Mahrez for that.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I am really puzzled by this Lemar goose chase. On Monaco blogs and related french sites, this Lemar to Arsenal is only mentioned in relation to English sources (Sky, Daily mail etc), nothing reliable or coming from good french/ local sources.
Monaco seems to be resigned to lose Mbappe. He has more leverage anyway, his contract ends in 2019 (Lemar in 2020). In addition, 180 M is a deal a club can not refuse. However selling Lemar doesn't seem to be in their agenda.
Monaco is looking for Mbappe replacement already and Dolberg (Ajax) and Lautaro Martinez are the most mentioned, both great talents. However, they don't seem to be in any rush to get a decent replacement for Lemar on the left.
By the way, this Monaco fan twitter account is pretty good, julien_mgrt

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I am really puzzled by this Lemar goose chase. On Monaco blogs and related french sites, this Lemar to Arsenal is only mentioned in relation to English sources (Sky, Daily mail etc), nothing reliable or coming from good french/ local sources.
Monaco seems to be resigned to lose Mbappe. He has more leverage anyway, his contract ends in 2019 (Lemar in 2020). In addition, 180 M is a deal a club can not refuse. However selling Lemar doesn't seem to be in their agenda.
Monaco is looking for Mbappe replacement already and Dolberg (Ajax) and Lautaro Martinez are the most mentioned, both great talents. However, they don't seem to be in any rush to get a decent replacement for Lemar on the left.

Is there any indication from Monaco that Fabinho may be available?

Surely Fabinho + Mahrez adds much more to our team in the immediate future than Lemar?

Seri/Goretzka/Fabinho/Pjanic + Mahrez and I see us right up there for the title.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Flame away...
I agree, £50m will be spent to not really improve us that much. Lemar isnt a proper left winger in our formation neither is he a CM. For the past couple weeks I've actually been of the persuasion we should sign Mahrez+ a CM to better improve our first team and squad quality

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Is there any indication from Monaco that Fabinho may be available?

Surely Fabinho + Mahrez adds much more to our team in the immediate future than Lemar?

Seri/Goretzka/Fabinho/Pjanic + Mahrez and I see us right up there for the title.

Man Utd were linked to Fabinho but now they have Matic. Man City were linked but they've already spent an awful lot of money. I see no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't and couldn't get him.

----------------Cech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Kos-Kolasinac
---------Fabinho-Xhaka
Mahrez ------Özil-------Alexis
-------------Lacazette

I don't care if that's not our current formation, that's a damn good team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lemar is too low profile for a top Spanish club anyway.
That's our only hope.

On the other hand, they're big enough to declare their interest, offer £30m for him and then watch Lemar run through a brick wall to escape Monaco.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

L'Equipe were the first to report on the initial bid and are regularly mentioning us in relation to Lemar. I couldn't give a **** about Monaco blogs or forums. If gunnerblog or northbanklower did a blog saying we're signing X you'd think it was bollocks.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom