<

Thomas Lemar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Fouz, May 11, 2017.

1. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Hes not coming here

2. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

But that still doesn’t explain why they would want to spend anything remotely close to 60m on a flop who can’t get near the Athletico team

3. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Lemar wont be sold for 60 m. Bayern knows it, Atletico knows it, my dead cat knows it

4. UpTheGunnerz

I would be very careful in writing off Lemar after a bad spell in a very defensively minded team. Diego Simeone is not renowned for particularly good offensive signing, an argentinian Eddie Howe in that regard if you will. How much is he to be blamed for Monacos bad 17/18 season as well? I dont know, it was basically him, Glik and Fabinho left as core players after their splendid season before. Sure, you have some responsibility as a star player but some times teams just go tits up.

Id take a gamble on Lemar as a replacement for Özil

5. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Yeah but he’d still be competing with players like Thiago and Goretzka if he played centrally. He’d be moving from one bench to another and I imagine if he moves it will be to play more often.

Red London likes this.
  6. ClubLevel

ClubLevel Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will accept our offer of a loan with an option to buy in the summer.

7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Theyre still gonna want north of 40m this window. I doubt Bayern want/need him

8. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Bayern doesn't really make sense, they are most likely getting Sane and Havertz in the summer with Coutinho being the backup option to Havertz.

They are also rumored to be interested in Hakimi. There's no money for this.

Rex Banter likes this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Hope he joins Sp**s or Chelsea. Rather spend 40-60M elsewhere tbh.

Imagine spending next season trying to get a tune out of Laca, Pepe and Lemar. Too much.

Thats potentially 160M worth of talent not performing.

No more Ligue 1 bums.

dbig likes this.
  10. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Scary, and probable, stuff.

11. UpTheGunnerz

Is auba a ligue 1 bum?

12. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Think they will get Sané AND Havertz? They will have to pay around 200m just for those two.

13. GDeep™

Did I say that?

14. UpTheGunnerz

Just wondering where u drawing the lines

15. GDeep™

It’s a massive probability, you’ll be going into next season and hoping rather than expecting that major signings like Laca, Pepe and Lemar perform.

16. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Yes, that's what being talked about for some time now. It's what Bayern, ideally, wants to do in the summer. The money should be there, and similarly as with us you could also have a much more stretched payment strategy.

Sane+Havertz gives you 10 years of excellence.

I'm praying this does not pan out though. Actually hope they get none of them, but most of the time they do - hard to predict the future in football though as everything is so dynamic and can change within the blink of an eye.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  17. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I saw plenty of him whilst he was at Monaco and he was fantastic. I was all for us spending £80m on Lemar when we were linked with him. I haven't seen Lemar play for A.Madrid but from what I've read he has been underwhelming.

Even if we sold one of PEA or Laca (which I dont want us to do) we still don't really need him with the sudden emergence of both Martinelli and Saka.

18. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

This link is turning into a Carrasco one, which goes on periodically forever..