• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Yeah so we kinda did that already, didn't work.

Actually, it did work. Most people here would have sold him at a loss last summer. He had a good showing for a Premier League club and we've now been offered our money back.

If we let him go prematurely, we could make a big (potential) loss on him like we did with Gnabry.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Actually, it did work. Most people here would have sold him at a loss last summer. He had a good showing for a Premier League club and we've now been offered our money back.

If we let him go prematurely, we could make a big (potential) loss on him like we did with Gnabry.

He was a defender in a team that got relegated. Didn't add anything to the side that Ben Gibson couldn't add.

I don't get what people are seeing in chambers that makes you think he could be a top defender? I'd love to know.

Gnabry will never be a top top player either he'll just be another one around Walcott level. Pointless keeping them.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He was a defender in a team that got relegated. Didn't add anything to the side that Ben Gibson couldn't add.

I don't get what people are seeing in chambers that makes you think he could be a top defender? I'd love to know.

Gnabry will never be a top top player either he'll just be another one around Walcott level. Pointless keeping them.

I'm not talking about anything other than financials here, mate. Gnabry will never be a top, top player.. yes. But if we had made a series of logical decisions when he was here, we would have put ourselves in a position to receive a lot more than £4million for his transfer.

For Chambers, I think he is a technically decent player and an okay defender. He has youth on his side, to be fair.. and he plays for Arsenal, a huge club - so he should have that added value. 16m is a fair offer.. but it's not worth the risk of selling him for that. We should sign him to a longer deal and loan him out. If it goes well (again) we'll get more than 16m because the market continues to boom. If it doesn't, we'll still be able to offload him for a minimum of £10m.

Selling him for that price at this stage of his career simply doesn't make sense.. especially if we can get a club to pay his wages on loan (effectively giving us a net spend of £0 for this season on his development).

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Why Chambers played ahead of Holding in the U21 Tournament. Why we don't sell Holding instead? Chambers already proved that he can play Premier League, young, english and still can improve very much. The same with Holding.

We are losing Merte next season, Koscielny has injuries, Monreal is getting older too and if Kolasinac will be injured, we will need him on the left.

It's not about "top defender". I think he can improve his positional play - was good in the air and is a good tackler.

We don't know if Bielik will be an option in a year, how many defenders we will need to sign? We need to look in the future too. At least we need a buy back clause. Players like Gabriel will never be enough to win the title, we can't know how good Chambers will be in 1 or 2 seasons..

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
To be fair as much as I hate to say it that Chelsea model of long term contracts then loan either gives them a first team squad player or decent fundraiser if sold.

We need to start boxing smart

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Big fan of Calum but relying on him and Holding, along with a player with a persistent achilles problem and Mertesacker is just asking for trouble.

None of those guys are first choice though so it's far from "relying" on them. When it comes to it, I believe Koscielny-Mustafi-Monreal will end up being our first choice trio with the three you mentioned more than capable backups and Kolasinac as an emergency.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He played around 300 minutes in the league the season before he left, what's going to change now? He's not even making the squad. Sell ffs.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We've got too many nice guys with talent. We need a confident bastard that ain't scared to ditch out. Sp**s just made that signing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Big fan of Calum but relying on him and Holding, along with a player with a persistent achilles problem and Mertesacker is just asking for trouble.

Yep, we need a top CB to challenge. No way will Kos be fit all season and Per we have no clue what part he will play. We could easily go into a big game with the same defence we had against Leicester, ie a youngster and 2 LB's. I'm now thinking that a top CB is more important than a CM as we have Ramsey, Wilshere, Elneny, Coq and anything we can get from Cazorla to play next to Xhaka.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We should bolster but I'm honestly chuffed that to know Arsène believes he has a future here. As I previously said, there's a promising CB in there but he needs to be nurtured.

Hopefully both the domestic cups & Europa League give him a chance to repay this act of faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom