• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Zero incentive for Asensio to come here. Wishlist stuff.

Not overly disappointed with our ins this season, mostly just our outs. Didn't want Gabriel and Szcesny to go but the club decided they were surplus.

Wanted Chambers and Theo gone but these lot still sticking about. The outs have been disappointing as we still have a lot of deadwood here.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Zero incentive for Asensio to come here. Wishlist stuff.

Not overly disappointed with our ins this season, mostly just our outs. Didn't want Gabriel and Szcesny to go but the club decided they were surplus.

Wanted Chambers and Theo gone but these lot still sticking about. The outs have been disappointing as we still have a lot of deadwood here.
We finished 5th, I don't think two ins is good.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We could easily buy small and sell big if we wanted to, we have already done that in the past. But we won't because the current Wenger is not the same as the Wenger of the past.

Nobody liked it when Wenger did it, now he should go back to it?

Would a better comparison be us to Liverpool? No sugar daddy investment yet doing really well selling and reinvesting. Sold Torres and immediately reinvested in Suarez who was later sold for 75m. Even Carroll they got 15m or so back and recouped everything for Benteke. A huge fee for Sterling brought Firminho, Clyne and Benteke.

I do hope we begin to follow this model of selling players and reinvesting it back into the squad as opposed to what use to what happen when we sold big and the money disappeared.

Don't want to sell our best players and reinvest on rubbish like Liverpool.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Would be nice to have Draxler but not what we need, at all.

Just focus on the spine Wenger, you have Lacazette.. now for CM and CB.

Look at the bigger picture. Who will we be signing when Alexis and Özil aren't here next summer? Draxler can play in the 3-4-3 and is miles better than any of our other options outside of Alexis in the 4-3-3. If a good player becomes available i'm of mind that you sign them. Yes we need a CM and a CB but we also need replacements for the two mentioned and improvements on Walcott/Welbeck.

If we don't sign Draxler he could end up at any of the other clubs in the league or europe and then next summer we'll have our tail between our legs trying to find replacements for the players who've left.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Look at the bigger picture. Who will we be signing when Alexis and Özil aren't here next summer? Draxler can play in the 3-4-3 and is miles better than any of our other options outside of Alexis in the 4-3-3. If a good player becomes available i'm of mind that you sign them. Yes we need a CM and a CB but we also need replacements for the two mentioned and improvements on Walcott/Welbeck.

If we don't sign Draxler he could end up at any of the other clubs in the league or europe and then next summer we'll have our tail between our legs trying to find replacements for the players who've left.

He is quality, and I would be delighted to have him in the side.

My bigger picture however, relates to stabilising the current side so as to keep Alexis and Özil, who are already running and at their peak. From that point we then strengthen the side next season, by bringing in someone like Lemar, etc.

We are constantly chasing, mitigating, rebuilding because our fundamentals are not in place.

JHusMan

Although wouldn't say no to Draxler and after failed Lemar bids it makes sense to move onto another target in the Lemar bracket which of course Draxler fits into position wise.

That's what Wenger wants so im assuming he'll go for it.

Then hopefully we can shift Mustafi out and get a better CB in. Big ask with 4 days left.

Malky

Established Member
I've no faith in the club doing anything at this point.
4 days left, no links, nothing. We're possibly losing Mustafi and OX, yet there is nothing. People talking about us making an 'Özil signing' but when we signed Özil the rumours had already surfaced at this point.
A so called 'top club' doesn't conduct business the way we're doing it. This is a mess.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I dont think we need Lemar at all, because we can promote Reiss Nelson.

I'm more concerned about the spend, because we dont just buy at our club.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Draxler is promising we should go for him. Alexis, Ox and Özil are leaving. And if the £32m is actual price he's a steal

That's if he is any good.

GDeep™

League is very weak
After the Liverpool game I'm switching off. Tired of trying to figure out, guess etc what's going on with Arsenal.

This is messy, you just watch it play out now, nothing more to be said. The club is a mess on every level, normally you can pinpoint the manager or owner, but here even the scouts and people negotiating deals are ****ing up.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
After the Liverpool game I'm switching off. Tired of trying to figure out, guess etc what's going on with Arsenal.

This is messy, you just watch it play out now, nothing more to be said. The club is a mess on every level, normally you can pinpoint the manager or owner, but here even the scouts and people negotiating deals are ****ing up.
That's because there's no clear vision and strong leadership at the club. If you had that, the rest of the people would tow the line and do their jobs properly. The owner, the board and the manager are all drunk and have 3 different viewpoints and interests.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't want to sell our best players and reinvest on rubbish like Liverpool.
Nobody is saying sell our best players what I'm saying is that when we sell anyone from Joel Campbell to Mustafi we must reinvest that money back into the team which we haven't done in the past. The Adebayor and Toure out for for only TV5 to come is stuff we cannot do if we want to get ahead.

I think the last big sale we had was RVP and from there we reinvested a significant chunk in Cazorla while not a like for like replacement it is at least reinvesting in quality.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's because there's no clear vision and strong leadership at the club. If you had that, the rest of the people would tow the line and do their jobs properly. The owner, the board and the manager are all drunk and have 3 different viewpoints and interests.
No, don't think Wenger extends if he's not on the same page as Kroenke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom