• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Complete rubbish.

Chelsea's net spend is a product of their Russian money - they buy big, and sell big. Their starting point is much higher than ours and the average club. A guy with a higher wealth is obviously able to generate more money and profit than a guy with less wealth. Common sense.

That's a fair point. The one thing i like with what Chelsea do is the money always goes back into the team. We're going to sell Ox and maybe Mustafi for £50-£60m and do nothing with it. I wouldn't have an issue selling Ox and Mustafi if i knew we'd sign another winger and defender with the money.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If PSG get Mbappe then I've a feeling we will get Lemar or someone big from PSG. I can't shake the feeling that we've a big move, a sensible move and if Mustafi does go then another CB coming in.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Complete rubbish.

Chelsea's net spend is a product of their Russian money - they buy big, and sell big. Their starting point is much higher than ours and the average club. A guy with a higher wealth is obviously able to generate more money and profit than a guy with less wealth. Common sense.

We could easily buy small and sell big if we wanted to, we have already done that in the past. But we won't because the current Wenger is not the same as the Wenger of the past.

JHusMan

If PSG get Mbappe then I've a feeling we will get Lemar or someone big from PSG. I can't shake the feeling that we've a big move, a sensible move and if Mustafi does go then another CB coming in.

CB's - Koscielny, Mertesacker, Chambers, Holding, *Monreal*

Attackers - Alexis, Özil, Giroud, Lacazette, Iwobi, Walcott, Welbeck

One CB is likely if Mustafi leaves and then we'd be buying an attacker as 'damage limitation' for next summer knowing Alexis/Özil haven't signed yet. In my opinion anyway, but like I said in an earlier post I have no idea who the attacker could be.

I think it's quite obvious though considering we bid so many times for Lemar that the one we're trying for is an attacking player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm now worried about squad morale too, players are going into battle with team mates who don't want to be here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Complete rubbish.

Would a better comparison be us to Liverpool? No sugar daddy investment yet doing really well selling and reinvesting. Sold Torres and immediately reinvested in Suarez who was later sold for 75m. Even Carroll they got 15m or so back and recouped everything for Benteke. A huge fee for Sterling brought Firminho, Clyne and Benteke.

I do hope we begin to follow this model of selling players and reinvesting it back into the squad as opposed to what use to what happen when we sold big and the money disappeared.

JHusMan

You've always been overly optimistic.

It's the only semi feasible reason to not spend sooner though as the money is there. Very frustrating.

I wouldn't entertain Jonny Evans coming here for £25m+ either. That's ridiculous, id rather use chambers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's the only semi feasible reason to not spend sooner though as the money is there. Very frustrating.

I wouldn't entertain Jonny Evans coming here for £25m+ either. That's ridiculous, id rather use chambers.
We're not even linked to Evans.

field442

Trusted ⭐
2 days then.

I don't see what's going to happen in 2 days that couldn't have happened in 3 months.

I think the point is anything can happen at this stage of the window. Clubs sign players leading to ones previously not being available being made available. Clubs who spend all summer chasing one transfer target panic and go for someone who maybe wasn't first choice. We've done both in recent times.

JHusMan

Let's just hope there's an 'Özil deal' coming our way out of the blue.

Will be interesting to see if Mustafi starts today.

field442

Trusted ⭐
The way i see it is if PSG sign Mbappe they'll need to sell Di Maria or Draxler. They probably want to sell Di Maria but will have more chance of shifting Draxler. That could be a possible Özil type signing for us. The other one is Mahrez. We know he's available at the right price. I can't really see us signing a CB if Mustafi goes. We won't pay the money for VVD and i don't see any other option.

I suppose there's a chance they could try again for Lemar but that would probably take a £70m bid for that to happen and Arsène is probably thinking there will be a market reset next summer and he'll get him cheaper then. Yeah...... :rolleyes:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think the point is anything can happen at this stage of the window. Clubs sign players leading to ones previously not being available being made available. Clubs who spend all summer chasing one transfer target panic and go for someone who maybe wasn't first choice. We've done both in recent times.
I know, I just doubt the club now. Something isn't right.

Wonder if we lose today Wenger will panic?

field442

Trusted ⭐
I know, I just doubt the club now. Something isn't right.

Wonder if we lose today Wenger will panic?

I'm in the same boat. It just feels like they're not even planning on doing anything which is both baffling and worrying.

I think we'd have to get battered for him to make a panic buy. No doubt we'll hear "SPEND SOME ****ING MONEY" if the game isn't going well.

JHusMan

The way i see it is if PSG sign Mbappe they'll need to sell Di Maria or Draxler. They probably want to sell Di Maria but will have more chance of shifting Draxler. That could be a possible Özil type signing for us. The other one is Mahrez. We know he's available at the right price. I can't really see us signing a CB if Mustafi goes. We won't pay the money for VVD and i don't see any other option.

I suppose there's a chance they could try again for Lemar but that would probably take a £70m bid for that to happen and Arséne is probably thinking there will be a market reset next summer and he'll get him cheaper then. Yeah...... :rolleyes:

Deschamps said his French squad won't be allowed to deal with transfers from the 28th onwards. Monaco also play today so it'll be interesting to see if Mbappe is involved. Same with Lemar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom