• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Doubt Wenger will drop him in big games like Chelsea. If anything it'll be Lacazette who'll get benched if Alexis is to get into the starting lineup for that game. Would be interesting to see the lineup against Koln.

As much as I rate Welbz, that would piss me off.

Lacazette and Özil should be starting every game for me. It's Welbeck vs Sanchez for that third slot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Might overtake Özil as the best AFC player on social media
200w.gif

Relic

Read the video title lads, "Danny Welbeck on reaping the rewards from putting in extra finishing practice at the training ground."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/ive-been-hitting-those-repetitions-training

“The first definitely wasn’t the cleanest,” he told Arsenal Player. “I got a glancing header, I thought it was going in and then it hit my shoulder on the way. It was a great ball from Sead and I think the play down the left to open up that opportunity for the cross was really good.

“The second is one that, once you’ve been hitting those repetitions in training, it becomes a lot easier for you to do. I got into that position today and I didn’t think twice about it.

“The past two years I didn’t have a pre-season and that made it a bit difficult for me, so I’m pleased to have a pre-season. With some of the games that we’ve played at the start of the season it’s not gone too well, but I’m pleased to be on the scoresheet and long may it continue.

“There’s always competition when you’re at a club like Arsenal. There’s always going to be competition, not just with the players here but players worldwide. Everyone would love to get the opportunity to play here so there’s always competition and I think that makes it better for you as a player. It makes you want to improve and just keep on doing your best.”

Aevi

Hale End FC
He gives us an aerial threat up front that we wouldn't have with Alexis, I like that extra dimension in our attack. One could argue that if he continues being clinical he'll be better for team balance, though this trio needs tougher tests to confirm that.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He gives us an aerial threat up front that we wouldn't have with Alexis, I like that extra dimension in our attack. One could argue that if he continues being clinical he'll be better for team balance, though this trio needs tougher tests to confirm that.
Forget Alexis, he will be gone in January.

The thing is Lacazette also give us aerial threat, it's a waste to play Wellbz up top whe we have a clinical striker available

blaze_of_glory

Stoke game aside he's had a great start to the year. Hopefully he carries on like this and doesn't revert to what has been his more standard form since he joined us.

We'll need him to be good in order to be Alexis' replacement :p

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So some smart ****er had a brain wave and thought we should train his finishing a bit harder? Who would have thought that might work?!?!

He's so strange. His game is some weird balancing act between top quality and a brain damaged gazelle. Tips either way, often in a single game.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I know he scored a header against Leicester but Lacazette hardly gives us an aerial threat, didn't`t score many headers for Lyon.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Read the video title lads, "Danny Welbeck on reaping the rewards from putting in extra finishing practice at the training ground."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/ive-been-hitting-those-repetitions-training

“The first definitely wasn’t the cleanest,” he told Arsenal Player. “I got a glancing header, I thought it was going in and then it hit my shoulder on the way. It was a great ball from Sead and I think the play down the left to open up that opportunity for the cross was really good.

“The second is one that, once you’ve been hitting those repetitions in training, it becomes a lot easier for you to do. I got into that position today and I didn’t think twice about it.

“The past two years I didn’t have a pre-season and that made it a bit difficult for me, so I’m pleased to have a pre-season. With some of the games that we’ve played at the start of the season it’s not gone too well, but I’m pleased to be on the scoresheet and long may it continue.

“There’s always competition when you’re at a club like Arsenal. There’s always going to be competition, not just with the players here but players worldwide. Everyone would love to get the opportunity to play here so there’s always competition and I think that makes it better for you as a player. It makes you want to improve and just keep on doing your best.”
2wmm884.gif]

FOR **** SAKE WHY DID IT TAKE THEM THIS LONG? :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A voice inside my head tell me that Danny could work on his finishing 24 x 7 x 365 and the balls still gonna randomly bounce off his body into the goal (if he makes any contact at all)

I desperately want to be wrong about this. Love his attitude.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
tbf he's missed two years worth of football, so this is the first chance he's gotten to actually have a preseason with us and work on his finishing since he's been here.
It's all bollocks. So how would anyone explain his horrendous finishing in other games this season? A couple went in yesterday and all of a sudden news of his extra training at hitting the target becomes relevant.

At 25 years old, and after all those years with Man Utd and a few with us, he's suddenly learned how to beat a keeper in one preseason?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom