• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
" PSG smashed the world record transfer fee with the £198million acquisition of Neymar and are expected to pay Monaco £166m for 18-year-old Kylian Mbappe'

That's why Moruinho would go to PSG they'll splash the cash.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I'd genuinely be a little upset if he left United. He's so wonderfully past it.

Pochettino/anyone actually good going to United would be a nightmare.

Starting to think so too, even Hitler had more attacking prowess. Feel a manager with the right intentions could get so much more out of this club. Infinite resources, decent talents and a huge club etc. There's almost no excuse to be playing Fellaini, Ashley Young, Lingard when you have all of this.

A manager like Cappuccino knows the right balance between attack and defence, promotes young players and doesn't need to spend all the time.

say yes

forum master baiter
Starting to think so too, even Hitler had more attacking prowess. Feel a manager with the right intentions could get so much more out of this club. Infinite resources, decent talents and a huge club etc. There's almost no excuse to be playing Fellaini, Ashley Young, Lingard when you have all of this.

A manager like Cappuccino knows the right balance between attack and defence, promotes young players and doesn't need to spend all the time.

Haven't rated Mourinho for a while but I was still tentative when you appointed him because I could have easily got it wrong.

He's genuinely doing worse than I expected though.

Yeah the Carabao and Europa were nice but 6th is an appalling finish and I wouldn't describe you as convincing in any competition. If Mourinho isn't bringing home the big trophies (and let's be honest, he's not even coming close) then I don't see what the point of him as a manager is. He's awful at the coaching and player development side. He's not going to develop a nice style of play. He's constantly controversial if not outright nasty. You've got so much young talent at the club and they're barely going to get a sniff.

He's just not a top manager anymore.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Haven't rated Mourinho for a while but I was still tentative when you appointed him because I could have easily got it wrong.

Yeah the Carabao and Europa were nice but 6th is an appalling finish and I wouldn't describe you as convincing in any competition. If Mourinho isn't bringing home the big trophies (and let's be honest, he's not even coming close) then I don't see what the point of him as a manager is. He's awful at the coaching and player development side. He's not going to develop a nice style of play. He's constantly controversial if not outright nasty. You've got so much young talent at the club and they're barely going to get a sniff.

They're 2nd in the league, about to finish first in their CL group, and just lost an away tie to last year's champions (one they easily could have won). United finished 7th, 4th, and 5th the years before he arrived.

I think the media / United fans have had unrealistic expectations, and any predictions of Mou's demise are massively premature.

House MD

We ended up 6th because we had to prioritise one of EL or top 4 and we prioritised EL, especially since we didn’t have pogba,ibra,Rojo and bailly for the arsenal and Sp**s games.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What's up with this Duncan Castles guy? Is this a gimmick or is his head actually wedged up Mourinho's bung hole?
He's friends with Jorge Mendes, seems to be used as an unofficial spokesman for when Jose wants to put something out into the public domain without putting his name on it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No you ended up 6th because you were ****.

Let’s not pretend it was a choice between EL/top 4. It was EL or nothing.
Well that's just not true. When United played us they benched Pogba, Blind, Bailey they played a kid and had kids on the bench. They prioritised the Europa league as their best route into the CL.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well that's just not true. When United played us they benched Pogba, Blind, Bailey they played a kid and had kids on the bench. They prioritised the Europa league as their best route into the CL.

And if United had played their big stars and set up differently (which they wouldn’t have done - there’s a reason Mourinho has only ever scored 1 league goal at the Emirates), and then beaten us, they still would have finished 6th.

Not sure why everyone constantly buys into Mourinho’s face-saving narrative of their season.

They finished sixth because they were ****. It really is that simple.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
And if United had played their big stars and set up differently (which they wouldn’t have done - there’s a reason Mourinho has only ever scored 1 league goal at the Emirates), and then beaten us, they still would have finished 6th.

Not sure why everyone constantly buys into Mourinho’s face-saving narrative of their season.

They drew too many of their home matches, that's a lot of points dropped.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nobody is saying they weren't ****. They were. But your just out right lying. If United didn't have the Europa League to play for then they would have thrown the kitchen sink at the league to make top four. As it turned out Mourinho made the decision to go for the cup instead and he was absolutely right. Why roll the dice with 8 league games when even if you win there is no guarantee of qualification as you need other teams to slip up. Whereas with the cup you rely solely on yourself.

United are sitting second in the league and currently unbeaten in their CL group which they top. That's after losing Pogba to injury which oddly enough since they lost him their form has turned. If that's "doing worse than you expected" sitting second, top of the CL group, a European trophy (something Arsène has never achieved) and a domestic cup inside 15 months then **** me. I'd bite your hand off for that.

Not buying into the excuse that Mourinho somehow had to chose between top4 or EL victory. I don't think he would have finish top4 even if they weren't in EL. Their league form was terrible.

say yes

forum master baiter
Nobody is saying they weren't ****. They were. But your just out right lying. If United didn't have the Europa League to play for then they would have thrown the kitchen sink at the league to make top four. As it turned out Mourinho made the decision to go for the cup instead and he was absolutely right. Why roll the dice with 8 league games when even if you win there is no guarantee of qualification as you need other teams to slip up. Whereas with the cup you rely solely on yourself.

United are sitting second in the league and currently unbeaten in their CL group which they top. That's after losing Pogba to injury which oddly enough since they lost him their form has turned. If that's "doing worse than you expected" sitting second, top of the CL group, a European trophy (something Arséne has never achieved) and a domestic cup inside 15 months then **** me. I'd bite your hand off for that.

The **** am I ‘outright lying’ about? :lol:

United could have thrown the kitchen sink, the refrigerator and the oven at top 4 - it wouldn’t change the fact that there were five better teams than them, four of whom had a significant points advantage, and none of whom had a schedule even half as difficult as United’s which was City (a), Sp**s (a), Arsenal (a), Burnley (a), Southampton (a) and Chelsea (h) as six of their last eight games.

Finishing 6th in the league was an awful performance and I’ve seen nothing from them yet that indicates that they’re going to be significantly better this season.

Forgive me for not getting carried away that they’ve topped a piss easy CL group. And as for the league: they may well be 2nd but they’re twice as close to Burnley in 7th than City in 1st, and that’s after a piss easy start. And it’s November.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom