• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The **** am I ‘outright lying’ about? :lol:

United could have thrown the kitchen sink, the refrigerator and the oven at top 4 - it wouldn’t change the fact that there were five better teams than them, four of whom had a significant points advantage, and none of whom had a schedule even half as difficult as United’s which was City (a), Sp**s (a), Arsenal (a), Burnley (a), Southampton (a) and Chelsea (h) as six of their last eight games.

Finishing 6th in the league was an awful performance and I’ve seen nothing from them yet that indicates that they’re going to be significantly better this season.

Forgive me for not getting carried away that they’ve topped a piss easy CL group. And as for the league: they may well be 2nd but they’re twice as close to Burnley in 7th than City in 1st, and that’s after a piss easy start. And it’s November.
If you genuinely believe if United weren't in the Europa Cup that they wouldn't have thrown everything at the league to finish in the top four then you're outright lying. Mourinho said it ffs and if you don't believe his words you only need to look at his team selections. In April they were sitting fifth and made a decision to go for the Europa League. You're lying to yourself thinking otherwise.

say yes

forum master baiter
If you genuinely believe if United weren't in the Europa Cup that they wouldn't have thrown everything at the league to finish in the top four then you're outright lying. Mourinho said it ffs and if you don't believe his words you only need to look at his team selections. In April they were sitting fifth and made a decision to go for the Europa League. You're lying to yourself thinking otherwise.

Think we're talking at cross purposes here.

I’ve no doubt that United prioritised the EL over their league run-in. My contention is that this made no difference to where they finished. They prioritised the EL because they’d been so poor in the league that they had little chance of qualifying via the Prem. Not the other way round (that they did poorly in the prem because they were focusing on the Europa).

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Think we're talking at cross purposes here.

I’ve no doubt that United prioritised the EL over their league run-in. My contention is that this made no difference to where they finished. They prioritised the EL because they’d been so poor in the league that they had little chance of qualifying via the Prem. Not the other way round (that they did poorly in the prem because they were focusing on the Europa).
I agree, but had they been averagely healthy I think they would have pipped 4th.

I would love us to win Europa, incidentally.

House MD

No you ended up 6th because you were ****.

Let’s not pretend it was a choice between EL/top 4. It was EL or nothing.

We would have gone all in to win the other 4 games. And had we done so we would have finished 4th yes. Liverpool has drawn a game in their last 4 and we were a point behind them with 4 games left so yes if we had gone all in we could have well ended up getting 4th.

We would have gone all in to win the other 4 games. And had we done so we would have finished 4th yes. Liverpool has drawn a game in their last 4 and we were a point behind them with 4 games left so yes if we had gone all in we could have well ended up getting 4th.

You wouldn't win all four even if you go all in. You are league form was ****.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

There was a chance we could have got Top 4 albeit slim because it was never in our own hands. We would have needed Liverpool to drop a couple points and we would have had to capitalise in bigger games.

The Europa League gave us the option of having it in our own hands. The teams we were facing were Rostov, Anderlecht and Ajax. It just made more sense to focus on the Europa League. It was easier to qualify for the Champions League and we did it pretty easily.

That's pretty much it, I don't understand the debate. Whether we could have qualified via Top 4, I don't know but I prefer having a trophy out of it.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
There was a chance we could have got Top 4 albeit slim because it was never in our own hands. We would have needed Liverpool to drop a couple points and we would have had to capitalise in bigger games.

The Europa League gave us the option of having it in our own hands. The teams we were facing were Rostov, Anderlecht and Ajax. It just made more sense to focus on the Europa League. It was easier to qualify for the Champions League and we did it pretty easily.

That's pretty much it, I don't understand the debate. Whether we could have qualified via Top 4, I don't know but I prefer having a trophy out of it.
You were jammy to get CL football this year.

House MD

You wouldn't win all four even if you go all in. You are league form was ****.

We lost 3 league games all season going into the arsenal game, latest being in October. We could have quite easily avoided the 2 defeats we suffered if we were really arsed and if our life depended on it maybe we could have even won too.

Riiiiight.
You were one colossal miss away from Guidetti from crashing out.

How does that matter? We won the final comfortably and overall we were deserved winners of the competition so it doesn’t matter anyway. Yes we had a bit of luck here and there but every successful team does.

We lost 3 league games all season going into the arsenal game, latest being in October. We could have quite easily avoided the 2 defeats we suffered if we were really arsed and if our life depended on it maybe we could have even won too.

Nope you could not. Your league form was ****. Enough with this.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The arrival of Mourinho to PSG next season is brewing. He has already made several statements letting himself be loved and the moment, if the PSG does not win the Champions, would be this summer. "
Are Cadena COPE reliable?

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom