• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Not to be a Mourinho apologist here but Man United are (more) under the microscope due to City's dominance. It's masking the fact that in a normal season, they would be right up there challenging for the title. The fact that it's City must make it harder to stomach for the United horde.

Every season is different imo. There are no normal seasons.

Jae

I don't think City have ever signed a defender for 90m :lol:

United haven't spent anything on defenders because 80% of them were still there when Whiskey Chops was their manager (Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Young).

The most city have ever spent on a player is 66m (De Bruyne). Which considering the amount of money they have at their disposal is admirable. Generally I think City do very good business.

He can't complain about money. Their net spend has been above every other team in the league for the past two seasons. He is basically admitting that he needs to buy the league.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He needs to quit Football, it's clearly bad for his mental state. He walked past me down a quiet road near his old house last summer and he looked... unwell. Might have just been hungover to be fair, even away from the media and on his own he looked miserable :confused:

United haven't spent anything on defenders because 80% of them were still there when Whiskey Chops was their manager (Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Young).

The most city have ever spent on a player is 66m (De Bruyne). Which considering the amount of money they have at their disposal is admirable. Generally I think City do very good business.

He can't complain about money. Their net spend has been above every other team in the league for the past two seasons. He is basically admitting that he needs to buy the league.
De Bruyne was £54m ;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Well the whole City squad is well in excess of €800m, getting on for double the likes of 2nd tier teams like Liverpool, Sp**s, and Arsenal (see page 14 of the squad cost thread for the latest figures) and over €100m more than United.

Given how good Pep is, that makes them pretty formidable.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Real Madrid ruined him, judging by stuff I've heard about him losing the plot, crying and accusing his team of leaking stuff to Barca and then the whole stuff with Casillas followed by the likes of Ramos and Ronaldo turning on him. I know he won the title with Chelsea in 14/15 but he's just not the same coach that he was back in his days at Porto, Inter and his first spell as Chelsea manager.

Back then he was on top of the world and filled with self-confidence now you feel that he's filled with self-doubt over his own capabilities as a manager and now that he has to deal with a team like City and their spending power he just cannot take it.

He won't be at United next season, i'm 99% certain of that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Real Madrid ruined him, judging by stuff I've heard about him losing the plot, crying and accusing his team of leaking stuff to Barca and then the whole stuff with Casillas followed by the likes of Ramos and Ronaldo turning on him. I know he won the title with Chelsea in 14/15 but he's just not the same coach that he was back in his days at Porto, Inter and his first spell as Chelsea manager.

Back then he was on top of the world and filled with self-confidence now you feel that he's filled with self-doubt over his own capabilities as a manager and now that he has to deal with a team like City and their spending power he just cannot take it.

This

He lashes out at people, refs, players, team doctors, other managers. The media call it mind games but I'm pretty certain the guy isn't that well.

Pep has shown him up, big time, and he's losing it again.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

This is true, something that stuck with me is in his first press conference at United he said, "I have to prove not to the others, I have to prove to myself."

Things aren't as easy as they used to be for him, it's so much more competitive than it was back then, albeit having to triumph over SAF or Pep's Barcelona was no easy task either. The issue for him is that with every club move he makes he limits his credentials. He's got the resources at this club yet deflects the attention asking for more.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

DSUlRA5XkAAxR9c.jpg:large

BBF

I really do wonder what would happen if you put Dyche or Howe in the same seat. I mean, you've got a guy who's finished here and is still trying to use Tesco value tactics from 1997 Serie A. Would they do any worse? Hard to tell.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I really do wonder what would happen if you put Dyche or Howe in the same seat. I mean, you've got a guy who's finished here and is still trying to use Tesco value tactics from 1997 Serie A. Would they do any worse? Hard to tell.

I don't know what to think about that, atm, I'm sick and tired of the club constantly changing managers; signing players for each managers vision and then selling them on the cheap because they don't fit in with the next manager's plans. We can go from a possession-orientated team to a counter-attacking team dependant on the manager. No manager of ours can ever complain about being financially backed and having the freedom to do what they want because in truth we suffer from it. Just feels like there's no sense of overall direction. If ever an example was needed of a club that needs a director to orchestrate things for the future it's Manchester United.

There should be certain ideals the club should accept and certain they should reject, to a certain extent even changing managers can be okay but there's just no long-term vision or template to follow.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom