• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Not just standing still but actually picking his fvking nose!

It wasnt only Xhaka standing still for that goal. You also had on his left Bellerin and Elneny watching carelessly all that scene and on his right Kolasinac not making a single step like being a statue fixed to Earth.

Should have Xhaka tracked the Watford player? Yes, he should have done it.
Is Xhaka the only one to be blamed for this goal? No, he isnt. That is my point.

As for Bellerin he is among my preferred players at Arsenal together with Alexis, Özil, Xhaka and Welbeck. Moreover, the last three and Bellerin are the only players that I rate not only for their football but also for their personality. They are team players and not some selfish, individualists who care more about personal rating than what is actually happening with the overall result.
I also think that the penalty was a harsh decision and I was only comparing the reactions and criticism a player would have gotten for the same situation. Thats all.

IslingtonBornandbred

It wasnt only Xhaka standing still for that goal. You also had on his left Bellerin and Elneny watching carelessly all that scene and on his right Kolasinac not making a single step like being a statue fixed to Earth.

Is Xhaka the only one to be blamed for this goal? No, he isnt. That is my point.

As for Bellerin he is among my preferred players at Arsenal together with Alexis, Özil, Xhaka and Welbeck. Moreover, the last three and Bellerin are the only players that I rate not only for their football but also for their personality. They are team players and not some selfish, individualists who care more about personal rating than what is actually happening with the overall result.
I also think that the penalty was a harsh decision and I was only comparing the reactions and criticism a player would have gotten for the same situation. Thats all.

Erlis you are a strange man.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Dont want you to think I'm laying all the blame on Xhaka, the vast majority of the players were clueless on Sat, and not just for that goal. Yes, the penalty was harsh but these things happen and we should have been 2 or 3 up by then anyway.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Seen a few say it was his best game for a while, I have to disagree.

He played well, but I've definitely seen him play better. Away to Stoke last season for example, he was unplayable.

I want a bit more from Hector. His pace and close control is fantastic- he's also got a great through ball in him. But too many times he gets in promising positions and fails to pick someone out.

If he sharpens up in the final third he'll be well on his way to becoming the best RB in the world.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure I heard on one of the Arsenal podcasts that Bellerin has one of the highest 'xG chains' in the team i.e. he is heavily involved in build ups which lead to scoring opportunities. The cut back to Lacazette should have resulted in a goal.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Makes way too many wrong decisions. Love the lad when he puts it all in, but change of formation and his haircut didnt do him well. Hopefully he keeps it quiet and works his socks off

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's great in link up moments with short passes, but he does need to improve when it comes to picking players out, especially with crosses. Overall I thought he had a brilliant performance yesterday, both in attack and defense.

tcahill

I just remembered he's only 22, which for most people still falls under the 'young talent' category.

Similar age to Holding and Iwobi, who people class as great future players, yet he's the one who's an undisputed starter and is looking like one of the best RBs in the league this season.

Similar issues with Holding, Iwobi and Bellerin. They are young, trying to impress but sometimes it seems focus, concentration if you prefer, drifts. I certainly accept they need match experience but would be alarmed if all 3 were on the pitch together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom