• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
His defending is actually pretty decent. His offense is a struggle and it comes from what I like to call mental jadedness (said it right?). Constant playing time might be good for players body and fitness, but mentaly they get jaded, which results in drop of creativity, pitch gets smaller, seconds go by faster. And so it begging; poor passes, poor ideas, poor touches, increased lack od composure and so on...
Hector needs a breather, asap

pikey2000

I think defensively Bellerin is underrated. His positioning is actually very good. His recovery pace is obviously a huge asset and he times his tackles well.

Going forward though, there's a bunch of room for improvement. Doesn't take on his man enough, with his pace he should be skinning his opposite number every week.

He's very good at keeping possession but doesn't penetrate enough with direct running.
Someone should sit him in a room and play him Cafu videos for 10 hours straight. Then we'd have the best RB in the world.

The problem lies within the fact he can't dribble, which is why the Ox seemed so much more effective in RWB as he wasn't just pure pace, he could actually dribble past his opponent.

For me Hector is very similar to Theo, he has two options when it comes to beating his man, a) knock the ball past his opponent and beat them in a foot race or b) have someone play the ball into space so that he can chase it.

You hit the nail on the head in as much as he needs to perfect his timing, making piercing penetrative runs from deep, the same sort of runs that Theo used to make, not necessarily wide right, but sometimes between the full back and CB, if he can't find the space to run into then may as well sit back and conserve energy / provide a bit more stability defensively.

Monreal was very good at balancing going forward with defending before he got made into a makeshift CB, Hector could learn from his countryman.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think defensively Bellerin is underrated. His positioning is actually very good. His recovery pace is obviously a huge asset and he times his tackles well.

Going forward though, there's a bunch of room for improvement. Doesn't take on his man enough, with his pace he should be skinning his opposite number every week.

He's very good at keeping possession but doesn't penetrate enough with direct running. Someone should sit him in a room and play him Cafu videos for 10 hours straight. Then we'd have the best RB in the world.

Yeah final ball been awful last few months, wasn't always the case ,

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Hector in a way is akin to Walcott. In an Arsenal team that can play quickly without the opposition team time to regain their shape and in a team with a player who will thread the pass, Bellerin can be great going forwards.

Without those two key things he’s just a player who can’t dribble and can’t use his pace

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Perhaps unsure of what the new role in this new formation is all about?

Not sure but there are clips of him recovering and goal line clearances where he sprints back from high up but he often doesn't even attempt it now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was good to see him cross for the Sanchez assist however can't get my head around the way he uses his foot like a hockey stick. Just always seems to push at the ball. He needs to practice getting whip on the ball.

nick gould

Was good to see him cross for the Sanchez assist however can't get my head around the way he uses his foot like a hockey stick. Just always seems to push at the ball. He needs to practice getting whip on the ball.
Assist at long last even though it was hit with hope and not aimed at anyone in particular. He makes me miss Eboue. He played wing back position with no fear at all until Wenger decided to make a Bale out of him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Disappointed season so far and should be benched for few games maybe it will help to rediscover some of his form

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's having a tough time defensively but he's been overplayed. I suspect mental fatigue is a big factor. We could give him a winter break and let Debuchy put himself in the shop window for a couple of games.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Thought he was good going forward today but struggled defensively second half. His crossing is not good enough to in his defence there is often not many players or quality runs to pick out.

pacstud

Simple question: Will he improve?

I think so.

If' we're gonna struggle, you could do a lot worse than get minutes for someone capable of being special. He's not far off.

Admittedly, poor in the final third, but so many chances created by his ability.

Time invested will pay dividends on this one.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Dreadful again tonight, defensively & going forward. 74.5% pass rate of 47 passes & all 5 of his poor crosses failed to reach a teammate.

At present Joel Ward or Lowton would be a massive upgrade on Bellerin.

Very good tonight. Could have scored. Feels like he gets into dangerous position every game. A real weapon if he can start converting his chances.

We need better defensive performance from the team. Can't be putting all the blame on Bellerin.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gotta stick up for Bellerin. He's been getting a raw deal from fans of late and I can't help but think there's some agenda towards him because of reports he wanted to leave this summer and for his IG posts aswell.

He wasn't bad in either of the last couple of matches. Could have defended better in the 2nd half vs Palace I thought, but he wasn't as bad as some were saying. He's actually had a quietly effective season so far in terms of his defending and while I think he could do with some confidence in the attack, he's been far from our worst performer and I don't think he's getting anywhere near the credit he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom